Supreme Court and the Second Amendment

The odds are greatly improving that that Supreme Court will address some Second Amendment issues in the upcoming 2013-2014 term. We've update the SCOTUS Watch page to track the four petitions that are currently pending. I expect that there will be at least two more additions to this list before the court begins it's new session in October.

While I'm looking forward to see if these cases will be picked up, isn't there a possibility that they could go the complete opposite direction and screw us all over? That's just terrifying, and I haven't even gotten my LTC yet!

While I'm looking forward to see if these cases will be picked up, isn't there a possibility that they could go the complete opposite direction and screw us all over? That's just terrifying, and I haven't even gotten my LTC yet!

From what I've seen of these cases (and Knuckle Dragger can correct me if wrong) the legal theory is sound and completely falls within the constitution (meaning the current law falls outside the constitution, ergo unconstitutional, hence the court challenge).

Meaning if SCOTUS rules the opposite, then the NSA has used its control to blackmail them to rule incorrectly.

On the surface this is good news. But, overall I'm of the belief that the rulings by the SC really doesn't mean much when it comes to gun rights. They've ruled that the second amendment is an individual right and have stricken down gun control in Chicago, DC, etc' as unconstitutional. Doesn't matter though as states, municipalities, towns etc' just find other ways around these rulings to block or hamper gun ownership.

Yes, rulings by the SC are good by themselves. In the big scheme of things though, it doesn't mean anything and nor will it change anything for us gun owners. It's all just smoke and mirrors.

Yeah, pessimism......

Last edited:
Until SCOTUS fails us on everything, we cannot say the jury box has failed. Ballot box has seemingly failed and the soap box has seemingly failed. Jury box is precarious. Until the jury box has failed the ammo box should be kept out of sight. Even then, once the jury box fails, we should go through the three non-violent boxes once more to be absolutely certain that we cannot solve this with non-violence.

Once you open the ammo box, there is no closing it without bloodshed (and lots of it).

Back
Top Bottom