• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suppressed LCP II .22LR

rugged oculus is a great can

does the lcp 2 actually cycle with a suppressor? the barrel weighs nothing and its a tilting action without a booster on the can. i would not expect that setup to actually cycle.

rugged oculus is a great can

does the lcp 2 actually cycle with a suppressor? the barrel weighs nothing and its a tilting action without a booster on the can. i would not expect that setup to actually cycle.
You'd be wrong. It runs great. This is the factory threaded barrel, recently introduced. I've tested it so far with:

AE 45gr Rimfire Suppressor
CCI Suppressor 45gr
CCI Standard 40 gr
Fed Bulk Pak 36 gr

All with the supplied "red" recoil spring.

Cans (so far):

AAC Element II
Rugged Oculus22 (short)
QuietBore Form 1

The gun runs like a champ. I had 2 FTF's in 80 rounds, and they were both out of the same magazine, with the 45gr suppressor rounds (1 each CCI and AE), and they were both after the first round fired, i.e. charge the gun, pfft, FTF. Beyond that, it ran without hiccup for the remaining rounds. The CCI and AE suppressor rounds were, not surprisingly, noticeably quieter than the CCI Standard or Fed Bulk Pak, although all the rounds were obviously subsonic. The absolutely quietest configuration (all subjective, of course) is the Element II/CCI Suppressor, following almost indistinguishably by the QB/CCI Suppressor. There was a bit more shit flying back in my face than with, say a MKII or M&P22C. Might be the tiny slide. I still need to try it with the "blue" or standard recoil spring.

As expected, the Oculus in the short configuration was loudest, but very pleasant with the Suppressor ammo (both brands), and still quite quiet.

And the Oculus beats all others in cool factor on the gun.

Have you tried the Gemtech "suppressor" ammo? That cycles my Ruger/Ceiner int. suppressed KMK10 nicely. Jack.
I haven't. I got a couple of cases of the AE and CCI Suppressor ammo, so I've been using that.

For most things, I just shoot Fed Bulk Pak, as almost all of my hosts are under 4". I wanted to try the suppressor ammo with this setup to see how quiet I could get.

It's a fun little host.

You'd be wrong. It runs great. This is the factory threaded barrel, recently introduced. I've tested it so far with:

AE 45gr Rimfire Suppressor
CCI Suppressor 45gr
CCI Standard 40 gr
Fed Bulk Pak 36 gr

All with the supplied "red" recoil spring.

Cans (so far):

AAC Element II
Rugged Oculus22 (short)
QuietBore Form 1

The gun runs like a champ. I had 2 FTF's in 80 rounds, and they were both out of the same magazine, with the 45gr suppressor rounds (1 each CCI and AE), and they were both after the first round fired, i.e. charge the gun, pfft, FTF. Beyond that, it ran without hiccup for the remaining rounds. The CCI and AE suppressor rounds were, not surprisingly, noticeably quieter than the CCI Standard or Fed Bulk Pak, although all the rounds were obviously subsonic. The absolutely quietest configuration (all subjective, of course) is the Element II/CCI Suppressor, following almost indistinguishably by the QB/CCI Suppressor. There was a bit more shit flying back in my face than with, say a MKII or M&P22C. Might be the tiny slide. I still need to try it with the "blue" or standard recoil spring.

As expected, the Oculus in the short configuration was loudest, but very pleasant with the Suppressor ammo (both brands), and still quite quiet.

And the Oculus beats all others in cool factor on the gun.
Interesting.

no idea what an FTF is. Not mind reader. Fire, feed.

The short configuration is more intended for rifles not pistols, as a rifle achieves complete powder burn and benefits less from the full baffle stack. Does it cycle w the full length oculus? There may be some voodoo here as to why this thing cycles when physics is stacked against it.

aside from photos, what’s the purpose of this setup? for weird Martha Stewart Memes?

no idea what an FTF is. Not mind reader. Fire, feed.

The short configuration is more intended for rifles not pistols, as a rifle achieves complete powder burn and benefits less from the full baffle stack. Does it cycle w the full length oculus? There may be some voodoo here as to why this thing cycles when physics is stacked against it.

aside from photos, what’s the purpose of this setup? for weird Martha Stewart Memes?
My apologies. I assumed you had ever fired a gun in your life, and that you would read the entire post.

FTF = Failure to Feed. Even if you didn't know it, I'm surprised you couldn't get that from context.

As is stated in my post, it ran and cycled beautifullly with the AAC Element II and my QuiteBore Form 1 can, as well as the Oculus (short). Although I didn't have time to run it with my other rimfire cans, I have no doubt it will run with those, as well.

The purpose? Lean close so I can whisper it: To Have Fun.

My apologies. I assumed you had ever fired a gun in your life, and that you would read the entire post.

FTF = Failure to Feed. Even if you didn't know it, I'm surprised you couldn't get that from context.

As is stated in my post, it ran and cycled beautifullly with the AAC Element II and my QuiteBore Form 1 can, as well as the Oculus (short). Although I didn't have time to run it with my other rimfire cans, I have no doubt it will run with those, as well.

The purpose? Lean close so I can whisper it: To Have Fun.

another cool story

Back
Top Bottom