• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Support your Local Starbucks

Starbucks Gun Debate Arrives In Seattle

SEATTLE, Wash. -- The National Brady Campaign will deliver an anti-gun petition to Starbucks headquarters Wednesday morning.

The group has been asking Seattle-based Starbucks to ban guns in its stores.

Starbucks has ignored the request, saying it will abide by laws allowing customers to openly carry unloaded weapons. Read Starbucks Statement.

The Brady Campaign said it chose Starbucks as a target because members of the pro-gun activist group, OpenCarry.org often meet at Starbucks to exercise their right to carry unconcealed guns.

Similar controversy caused Peet's Coffee & Tea to ban firearms in its stores.

OpenCarry.org has postings on its website praising Starbucks and thanking the company for protecting 2nd Amendment rights.

The Brady Campaign says the public petition has 28,000 signatures.

Group members plan to hand out fliers to Starbucks customers Wednesday morning to try and increase the pressure against Starbucks.

They also plan to hold a news conference outside the original Starbucks at Pike Place Market at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday before delivering the petition to company headquarters.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22726111/detail.html

You can email your support to Corporate Headquarters Here

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear Starbuck's is doing the right thing. Hopefully they don't fold after they review the petition.

I don't usually drink coffee, but I just might grab a cup tonight.

OPen Carry of unloaded firearms....so what are you supposed to do? Throw the gun at the bad guys?? I assume they mean without a round in the chamber....but we all know what assume stands for....

OPen Carry of unloaded firearms....so what are you supposed to do? Throw the gun at the bad guys?? I assume they mean without a round in the chamber....but we all know what assume stands for....

regardless what the assumption is ....point is the Brady Group is trying to Force a Private business into a policy that it is not required to have by law

didn't someone post a while ago NOT being able to surf NES from Starbucks?

oh and their coffee sucks too.

I spend quite a bit of my husbands money at starbucks in the summertime, and until someone gets me the recipe for frozen moccaccino's, I will continue to do so..

I'll keep drinking my caramel macchiato as long as they keep and uphold the 2nd amendment. If they want my business along with my girlfriends they better not change a thing.

Its too bad that it has become political.... they are a private company and can do whatever they want to do.

I was always on the "Starbucks is nasty and overpriced" bandwagon but then I tried their Pikes Place Roast. It's just like a regular cup of coffee, and no more expensive than Dunkin Donuts. I really got hooked on it. Then they closed the one near me. Oh well.

2nd vote here for the Pikes Place roast. It puts that Dunkin Donuts garbage to shame. It's the same price as well.

Unloaded open carry, as far as I have read about, Is carrying the gun with no mag or cartridges in it, but the mag can be in your pocket or a mag holder or something and its considered unloaded. They do that because CA forbids loaded OC but allows unloaded. Not the best solution, but it still gives you a functioning firearm with 3 moves instead of one rather than no firearm at all.

Unloaded open carry, as far as I have read about, Is carrying the gun with no mag or cartridges in it, but the mag can be in your pocket or a mag holder or something and its considered unloaded. They do that because CA forbids loaded OC but allows unloaded. Not the best solution, but it still gives you a functioning firearm with 3 moves instead of one rather than no firearm at all.

Exactly...plus this is more of a demonstration to exercise the 2nd amendment right. Leave the "tactical advice" to another thread.

Isn't this the same Starbucks that held nation wide viewing parties in their stores for Obama's immaculation? I applaud their stand on this but still will not support them by buying that overpriced swampwater.

Back
Top Bottom