• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Support Our Troops

I thought it would be nice if we listed any web sites here that deals with supporting our troops. I found one that I thought I'd pass on. They list a number of other sites on this one as well. I just adopted another one of our boys, but I haven't gotten his info yet. Maybe I'll get a Mahreen this time. :D

Cancel that...let me get my fingers working correctly first...<crunch, crack, pop> Okay - let's try that again...

www.troopssupport.com

There! That's much better. It seems that one doesn't need to be a Marine to not be able to spell. :D

MrsWildweasel said:
Here's another..
http://soldiersangels.homestead.com/
I'll go through my bookmarks later.
Susanne

I saw that one listed too. There's a bunch of them in there! I'm really glad to see so many that shows our guys (and girls) that we love them and are proud of them. I'm (regretably) old enough to remember how they treated our boys when they came home from Nam. :(

That makes 2 of us. When this war started I resolved myself that I would be damned if I'd let that happen. I went to pro troop rallies,and I also pissed a few liberals off at my work.I have a peace through superior firepower pin.Along with my support the troops one. I loved it when they would start in and then I would totally shut them down. My car is a walking billboard for supporting our troops. Soon my front yard will be too. I go out of my way to annoy the liberals here. Memorial Day and 4th of july I have flags, and armed forces flags too. My neighbors across the street hate it,which makes me do even more every year,and now that my son is deploying they will really Hate it. I also anytime I see one of our servicemen/women in uniform I go out of my way to Thank them for serving. When we went to Texas in January and we were in the airport,we thanked all the ones we came across and it was neat watching their eyes light up.

It really amazes me to see people not supporting our troops. I was driving home from Portland a few weeks ago and they had an anti war rally in The Dalles, Oregon. For those who don't know The Dalles was the actual end of the Oregon Trail. It's an old and very conservative town. It was shocking to see people picketting against the job being done.

Patty

I would have loved to be on the otherside in support of our troops on that one. We get a few anti rally's but not that many anymore.

MrsWildweasel said:
That makes 2 of us. When this war started I resolved myself that I would be damned if I'd let that happen. I went to pro troop rallies,and I also pissed a few liberals off at my work.I have a peace through superior firepower pin.Along with my support the troops one. I loved it when they would start in and then I would totally shut them down. My car is a walking billboard for supporting our troops. Soon my front yard will be too. I go out of my way to annoy the liberals here. Memorial Day and 4th of july I have flags, and armed forces flags too. My neighbors across the street hate it,which makes me do even more every year,and now that my son is deploying they will really Hate it. I also anytime I see one of our servicemen/women in uniform I go out of my way to Thank them for serving. When we went to Texas in January and we were in the airport,we thanked all the ones we came across and it was neat watching their eyes light up.

Mrs. W....you're a woman after my own heart. I live to piss off liberals. :D

pattycakes said:
It really amazes me to see people not supporting our troops. I was driving home from Portland a few weeks ago and they had an anti war rally in The Dalles, Oregon. For those who don't know The Dalles was the actual end of the Oregon Trail. It's an old and very conservative town. It was shocking to see people picketting against the job being done.

Patty

Doesn't it just toast your marshmallows? Of course, if you question them, they wave the flag and say they aren't demostrating against our troops - it's the war they don't like. Sorry guys - you either support them or you stay home. I'll be the first one to defend their God given Amendments and rights, but some things you just don't do, especially in war time. <insert raspberry sound here>

Yeah,it really frosts me. I don't know how many I argued with that said they support the troops but not the war. Can't have it both ways. You support them all the way or no way.

On 9/11 I was working in the IT department of a small all-women college in Boston. And then it started . . . the anti-war rallies, the anti-Americanism, etc. ad nauseum! It really was pretty tough hanging in there thru all this until my boss broke the camel's back (NOT related to anti-war BS, she just crossed too many lines including one that would have had me personally facing off Microsoft's Legal Dept in a lawsuit that I couldn't win) and I "resigned for cause" in March, 2002.

IIRC, Glenn works at UMass, right? If so, he'll understand exactly what I mean.

Exactly. It drives him nuts at times. When 9/11 happened I called him at work and told him what I had seen on tv,he had to fight with his boss about putting a tv on so they could watch it. He deals with the libs on a daily basis,the ones he works for don't mess with him too much. There are days it really gets to him,but he has too much time invested over there to try and find another job. Which is what keeps him going. This whole frigging college area would drive you nuts. When I worked in Northampton and the begining of the war,college kids were anti war protesting,throwing themselves infront of cars,and stopping traffic. I was glad I didn't get stuck in that mess,because I know I would not have been lady like. When I did go to support our troops rallies I always wanted the anti's to show up.

It's pretty pro troops - pro war up here for the most part. I was shocked to see the Rally in The Dalles. My MIL made a comment [MIL = flaming liberal] that she didn't want anyone thinking she didn't support the troops but she certainly opposed the war. I asked her what exactly was she against bringing peace to the most violent area of the world and she just muttered "We have no business being in there." Its pointless to argue so I don't.

Patty

pattycakes said:
It's pretty pro troops - pro war up here for the most part. I was shocked to see the Rally in The Dalles. My MIL made a comment [MIL = flaming liberal] that she didn't want anyone thinking she didn't support the troops but she certainly opposed the war. I asked her what exactly was she against bringing peace to the most violent area of the world and she just muttered "We have no business being in there." Its pointless to argue so I don't.

Patty

That's what I can't stand the Libs want us to fly all over the world to feed everyone, but when people are being murdered, raped, and oppressed, they want us to turn a cheek. It really doesnt make sense.

And all this free Oil we were over there for (you know the real reason we are over there)... Gee I wonder why the gas prices are still going up.

They are of the mind that if you don't address it, it will just go away. Maybe they'll just get tired of murdering and raping and just quit.

derek said:
pattycakes said:

Patty

That's what I can't stand the Libs want us to fly all over the world to feed everyone, but when people are being murdered, raped, and oppressed, they want us to turn a cheek. It really doesnt make sense.

You beat me to it, Derek. Not to mention that they don't want the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer, et al to be snuffed out, but it's okay to clone babies to kill them for their stem cells...but that's another topic. [evil]

Yippee!!! I just got a response from one of the web sites I signed up with. I got a contact name that you send your mail to and then they (the Staff Sergeant in my case) passes it off to whoever signed up to receive mail from home. My guy is at Camp Liberty, (I got an infantry guy). Now I have to wait a month and a half to find out who I got. :D

I have a thing about OPSEC you might want to delete the unit part. It's my hang up but you don't know whos watching these boards either.

MrsWildweasel said:
I have a thing about OPSEC you might want to delete the unit part. It's my hang up but you don't know whos watching these boards either.

[oops] I never thought of that...<slap face>...temporary blonde moment...Ummm Derek or Len or Tony...can you delete the where's he's at part in my previous post? I'm not sure if I can do that. Thank you!

TonyD said:
I'm pretty sure that info is widely available. It's not like you're giving out troop movements.

And, you didn't give out his name.

That's true. The link that Len posted said where the 3rd ID was. And no, I can't give his full name out on a public forum (already got drilled on that one when I got my first adoptee), but I can use his first name when I talk about him.

Lynne, there should be an "edit" button on the upper right of each message that you write.

Since I am not familiar with the nomenclature, I wouldn't know which items to delete in your post, so if you or our other Veterans (who are Mods) want to delete some portion of your post, I'll leave it to them.

Back
Top Bottom