• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supply of Mosin Nagants drying up?

Ok, well I know the supply isn't dry yet. You can still buy from certain vendors with a C&R, but I've always been a "buy in person" type of person.

I bought a Mosin 91/30 over the summer directly from Four Seasons. Very nice quality rebuild and was sort of in the mood to buy another. Problem is nobody has them anymore other than a occasional consignment rifle from time to time. Are the days of the $99 box surplus Mosin over?

I really want an M44, but those are even harder to find other than purchasing from a private owner.

Last edited:
I think the market is flooded right now. I'm sure the deals will fade and then in a couple of years place will "find" some more.

Last edited:
Whoops...sorry. Edited.

I think you are right. I think another supply will be "found" one day. Hopefully another load of M44's from some russian satellite state.

Just find it funny that currently now, it seems like i'm having a hard time finding "out-of-the-crate" rifles now.

Last edited:
Collectors has seven 91/30s for sale at $109.99 each. Other places probably have them as well, but don't have them listed on line. I think the Russians made something like 17 Million of them, so they aren't exactly rare. Of course specific variations might be rare, but if you only want a generic 91/30 they should be easy to come by. M44s are also kind of rare, but not unheard of by any means. M38s are rare. I had one, but sold it a couple of years ago because I found an even more area 91/59 carbine.

Ditto what FSTC said about naming names of dealers who will ship firearms or ammo here. You might want to go back in an edit that before a moderator comes along and does it for you.

Brian at B&K has an M44 on his wall. At least as of last week, which is when I was there and I saw it myself. his username hre is Bamp. B&K is at 32 Washington street, Natick.

IDC in Clinton still has a couple of crates of 91/30s, last I checked, but I haven't been there recently.

I suspect the price will skyrocket to a whopping $100.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Up in New Hampshire. They are still everywhere.

Collectable Firearms , my new favorite gun store has a crate of them. They also had the Nagant Pistol which I bought. I also saw some at Merrimack Firearms down the street from Collectable also in Merrimack. Also, Rileys in Hooksett has a crate of them. And I bought one from Kittery Trading Post about a month ago for $90.

I think we should do a group buy and get them dirt cheap.

My uncle said way back way they got them for $30

I'd say they were 91/30's. M44's will run you $180-$200. A Tula M44 will cost more; there's 1 on Gunbroker right now. A 1943 dated M44 will cost even more; there's 2 on Gunbroker right now. If you can spare the scratch I'd start with one of those. You can get a beater 91/30 later.

Last edited:
Just checked 4S and they have about 20 mosins for sale for $119. Boxed up with accessories. Figures...I make a thread and now they have eM in stock.

I might go by and see if they have an M44. I already have a 91/30

Last edited:
Last I knew Riverview Sales in East Windsor Ct kept 3-4 crates in stock at all times, $99/ea. That's where I picked mine up, might pick up another "just because".

i bought one at hoolbrook gun show for 116 out the door with bayonet sling oil can and pouch and tool kit

Ok, well I know the supply isn't dry yet. You can still buy from certain vendors with a C&R, but I've always been a "buy in person" type of person.

I bought a Mosin 91/30 over the summer directly from Four Seasons. Very nice quality rebuild and was sort of in the mood to buy another. Problem is nobody has them anymore other than a occasional consignment rifle from time to time. Are the days of the $99 box surplus Mosin over?

I really want an M44, but those are even harder to find other than purchasing from a private owner.

Bobs has 3 in Salisbury (saw them last night). $100, $125, and $450 (way overprices, unless it has something extremely special)

$99 is not an easy price to find in MA. But they can be found.

I think Plymouth Bay Outfitters also has some, but I dont know their price (give them a call, they are nice people). They sell some with a really nice laminated stock, I got one and always get compliments on that rifle, even from fellow NESers that have Mosins.

Last edited:
I have an M44 I won in a raffle at a car shoot a few years ago at Westwood. I never shoot it and would part with it for a reasonable offer. It will wind up in the classifieds next year along with a bunch of other rifles & handguns I don't "need".

Do they come with the accessories at that price?

yup, sling, bayonet, oil bottle, bolt tool, and belt pouch. I believe there were cleaning kit pieces too, the jags maybe? They get the crate's in from the distributor, stack them on the floor and crack one open. All the stuff is packed inside with the rifles. I took a bayonet (I was told they all have a matching numbered bayonet in the crate, someone took the one that matched my gun, but did find a different one that matched the other gun I was considering) a bolt tool, pouch, oil bottle and some other small thing but I don't remember off hand what it was. $99 = what ever the tax is in CT.

Only thing that sucks is the 2 week wait if you don't have a CT license. I do so no big deal.

Flint has that same deal. $99

3 of my buddies got them, nice rifles.

yup, sling, bayonet, oil bottle, bolt tool, and belt pouch. I believe there were cleaning kit pieces too, the jags maybe? They get the crate's in from the distributor, stack them on the floor and crack one open. All the stuff is packed inside with the rifles. I took a bayonet (I was told they all have a matching numbered bayonet in the crate, someone took the one that matched my gun, but did find a different one that matched the other gun I was considering) a bolt tool, pouch, oil bottle and some other small thing but I don't remember off hand what it was. $99 = what ever the tax is in CT.

Only thing that sucks is the 2 week wait if you don't have a CT license. I do so no big deal.

I think Plymouth Bay Outfitters also has some, but I dont know their price (give them a call, they are nice people). They sell some with a really nice laminated stock, I got one and always get compliments on that rifle, even from fellow NESers that have Mosins.
That's where I picked mine up, a pretty 1931 Tula hex for $120. Barrel is close to mint.

Judy and the crew are great people, so I don't mind paying a little extra over there.

I have a 91/30 Ive never fired and probably never will. Im probably going to sell it one day....when the demand outpaces supply.....years ago, the market was flooded with german ww2 mausers and english enfields....it'll happen.

Back
Top Bottom