Super light AR build advice

I'm doing a super light build to see if I can make a 5.56 build lighter than both my Bushmaster Carbon 15 and S&W M&P15-22. So far, I have a New Frontier LW-15 lower and their Accu Group polymer parts kit. I'm looking for a carbon stripped upper. I will keep barrel length shortest by law, 16" in MA. Any advice on stocks, barrels, sights, BCGs, buffer tubes in order to keep it super light would be greatly appreciated.

No comments on reliability, Mil Spec, or accuracy needed. That is not the objective of this build.

I would go with a pencil barrel unless you can find a carbon fiber barrel from ABS/Jense/Christensen Arms
Carbon fiber forearms:
Clack Custom- the forearm is glues to the barrel nut, so if you use a micro gas block under the forearm, you will not be able to get the rifle apart
AP Custom- slightly heavier but uses a standard barrel nut and can be used with a micro gas block

Aluminum micro gas block. I have used firebird precision before, but I am not sure the are making them out of AL anymore

ACE Ultra light stock

JP Lightweight buffer and BCG

Sights..I would put a JPoint on an aluminum riser or Magpul plastic sights

Last edited:
I would go with a pencil barrel unless you can find a carbon fiber barrel from ABS/Jense/Christensen Arms
Carbon fiber forearms:
Clack Custom- the forearm is glues to the barrel nut, so if you use a micro gas block under the forearm, you will not be able to get the rifle apart
AP Custom- slightly heavier but uses a standard barrel nut and can be used with a micro gas block

Aluminum micro gas block. I have used firebird precision before, but I am not sure the are making them out of AL anymore

ACE Ultra light stock

JP Lightweight buffer and BCG

Sights..I would put a JPoint on an aluminum riser or Magpul plastic sights
Thanks for that. I need to find a carbon fiber barrel. If I can get this thing under 5 pounds it would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom