Sununu warns of urban flight; NH to get Vermonted by New Yorkers

New Hampshire’s governor said New Yorkers are pouring into the state due to high taxes and fear for their safety amid the Covid-19 crisis.

“We’re booming,” New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu told CNBC. “People are coming from all across the country, especially in the Northeast. You’re in New York, you have a mayor who doesn’t know what he’s doing. You have years of terrible policy out of Albany. People have choices, and 2020 is driving them to those decisions. It’s like they put a big sign on the Brooklyn Bridge that says, ‘The last one out, turn out the lights.’”

New Hampshire’s real estate is selling quickly, Sununu said, adding that he’s getting frequent calls from companies looking to relocate to the “Live Free or Die” state.

'Last one out, turn out the lights': New Hampshire governor says higher taxes prompting urban flight

As a Vermonter I feel for those of you in NH.

The country has been wide open since 1965 you think you can close off NH, good luck with that.
Where in my post did you get the idea I wanted to close off the state??? I just don't want people coming into NH and trying to turn it into the same thing that they claimed they wanted to escape. IF you want to escape the BS, then LEAVE THE BS BEHIND. Rather simple.

Where in my post did you get the idea I wanted to close off the state??? I just don't want people coming into NH and trying to turn it into the same thing that they claimed they wanted to escape. IF you want to escape the BS, then LEAVE THE BS BEHIND. Rather simple.

exactly right. and that's what the tons of foreigners do when they come here. They try to replicate what they left and forget that was the reason they left in the first place.

Oh well....what can you do.

This country will completely fall within the next 100 years and it will be done from the inside and sponsored by the government.

Last edited:
That presumes that the people fleeing urban areas are incapable of cogitating on the reasons why they are picking up their lives and moving as well as the root cause of what made their home a piss hole.......

This is the message that we should be pushing......you win peoples hearts/minds by enguaging in discussion......not by cracking them over the head with a bat
they do not want to engage or discuss anything with you. They want to dictate terms and policy. they want it there way and it will continue spreading like a cancer until the nation falls from within.

Uh., yeah, that doesnt happen. And you cant stop it.

Wait until your guns start to scare them...NH will be Mass. in no time. Had a very interesting gun conversation with a lifelong NYC-ite. They didn’t have a problem with guns per se, they just don’t know anything more than the MSM has led them to be afraid of. Offered to take them shooting but logistics will all but make that impossible. I hope NH does not get overrun like Cape Cod has...

No offense but you just made a massive assumption

You have a new neighbor that just moved in from <insert pisshole liberal state> and its your job to have a discussion and ask why they left and what they are going to do to keep NH from turning into <insert pisshole>?

Moving is painful and costly......monetarily as well as impact on kids

This is the best chance in 50 years to red pill large numbers of people........

Jimmy Carter and his bumbling presidency gave us huge numbers of thinking people and the Reagan Era

Cuomo/DeBlasio and other idiot governors/mayors are providing us with an opportunity to open the minds of huge numbers of people

Dont dismiss OR squander that opportunity

No offense taken. I do not feel I a,m assuming as much as I am observing. But time will tell. In NH you can register to vote the same time you go to the polls to vote.

I hope I am wring but I believe a normally red state switches to Blue if not in this next election cycle then certainly by the mid terms.

I was talking to a liberal just the other day. Had no choice really. She is my SIL and she was over because my kid had her graduation ceremony over the weekend.

We discussed some things and brushed against politics. We try not to discuss politics because we totally do not agree.

But one thing she said that I did agree with is that whatever side you fall on in the political spectrum these days, neither side is willing to listen and neither side will ever change.

Liberals will move to conservative states in large numbers to change the political ideology of that state and then move to another like a cancer.

Am I assuming that it is going to happen or is it happening? I believe the latter.

No offense but you just made a massive assumption

You have a new neighbor that just moved in from <insert pisshole liberal state> and its your job to have a discussion and ask why they left and what they are going to do to keep NH from turning into <insert pisshole>?

Moving is painful and costly......monetarily as well as impact on kids

This is the best chance in 50 years to red pill large numbers of people........

Jimmy Carter and his bumbling presidency gave us huge numbers of thinking people and the Reagan Era

Cuomo/DeBlasio and other idiot governors/mayors are providing us with an opportunity to open the minds of huge numbers of people

Dont dismiss OR squander that opportunity

New Yorkers are vile rude crass animals Who vote left wing. Just look how they ruined south Florida. they are not welcome here.

Rather than educating those who refuse to change they could be made to feel uncomfortable and unwanted. Make sure you open carry. A lot. Pickup truck with a rifle in the back window. that kinda stuff. Just sling up and take it with you in Market Basket. If they don’t take the hint give them a piece of granite. At night. Around 3:00 am. [devil]

What I don't understand is people are fleeing NY for NH only to turn it into the very thing they left! Same thing happened when people left Mass for NH. They have been turning blue for a while. Now NH is the live free not so and die poor state.

You assume they're able to think ahead, or that they even realize that the problems they're escaping are a product of their own political beliefs.

Man you guys don't respect the diversity of values your new neighbors are bringing. The 'they better not change anything' tough guy talk is silly. Of course they are going to change things that is what immigrants do. For the better in their opinion. If you aren't willing to sink the ships(burn every house owned by a nyer?) then you are going to get change. Word from my VT friends is the newbies are already getting involved in local politics. Not advocating violence but the stupid indians should have sunk every European ship no matter the cost at the time. I don't know exactly how it will play out for ME, NH and VT but it sure is entertaining to watch.

That presumes that the people fleeing urban areas are incapable of cogitating on the reasons why they are picking up their lives and moving as well as the root cause of what made their home a piss hole.......

What can I say but lol.

My daughter has fallen in love with Montana and suggested my wife and I relocate there. My reply, "Montana doesn't need any more people like us." Their faces were priceless. Of course by "us" I meant "them."

My wife will be voting D until the death squad comes knocking and even she will have no idea what happened.

If you're leaving a state/country.....you're doing so for a reason.....usually a bunch of really BIG reasons.

Most all of us have REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS that newby's will have something that resembles upper brain function and reflection upon why they had to leave their last home state......at great expense........instead of acting like LOCUSTS that mindlessly consume everything then move on to the next buffet........
That isn't what has happened in America at large. No reason to suspect it will be different on the state level. Always sink the ships.

No offense taken. I do not feel I a,m assuming as much as I am observing. But time will tell. In NH you can register to vote the same time you go to the polls to vote.

I hope I am wring but I believe a normally red state switches to Blue if not in this next election cycle then certainly by the mid terms.

I was talking to a liberal just the other day. Had no choice really. She is my SIL and she was over because my kid had her graduation ceremony over the weekend.

We discussed some things and brushed against politics. We try not to discuss politics because we totally do not agree.

But one thing she said that I did agree with is that whatever side you fall on in the political spectrum these days, neither side is willing to listen and neither side will ever change.

Liberals will move to conservative states in large numbers to change the political ideology of that state and then move to another like a cancer.

Am I assuming that it is going to happen or is it happening? I believe the latter.

The reason that the conservative right doesn't listen to the commie leftists is because everything the left engages in is wrong, unAmerican, illegal, unethical, or otherwise absurdly ridiculous.....and you can pass that message to her from me with great appreciation.
The reason she said that ( and all leftists say that) is because they can never look you in the eye and present a cogent articulate answer or reason for their collective destruction of America.

The neighbors from LI had parties in their driveway (they had a deck and backyard) and asked if I would have my scary tall trees cut down if they paid. They wanted the “authorities”to “take care of the Coyote problem” and were mortified when told they could shoot them as needed if in compliance with 300ft limits or neighbors were OK. We said, fine - go shoot them. They moved out.

Maybe the next NYers will be different...

The neighbors from LI had parties in their driveway (they had a deck and backyard) and asked if I would have my scary tall trees cut down if they paid. They wanted the “authorities”to “take care of the Coyote problem” and were mortified when told they could shoot them as needed if in compliance with 300ft limits or neighbors were OK. We said, fine - go shoot them. They moved out.

Maybe the next NYers will be different...
That is priceless right there![smile]

Wait till they find out that everyone secretly carries firearms too. [rofl2]
Some even just strap them on and go to Starbucks.[wink]

If you're leaving a state/country.....you're doing so for a reason.....usually a bunch of really BIG reasons.

Most all of us have REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS that newby's will have something that resembles upper brain function and reflection upon why they had to leave their last home state......at great expense........instead of acting like LOCUSTS that mindlessly consume everything then move on to the next buffet........

You are in for a let down.
If they had any brains they wouldn't have shit where they eat in the first place.

You are in for a let down.
If they had any brains they wouldn't have shit where they eat in the first place.

Maybe but I'm an optimist.....

Everyone has a history and we all make mistakes/sub optimal choices in life........what we do with those bad decisions/sub optimal choices is what matters most.

This was 2018.

transplants-scaled.png

Back
Top Bottom