• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sununu trying his hardest to turn NH Blue

It would have to be someone you like to share a 1 bedroom ...
So my oldest son was making 30K before he got promoted. He shared a 3 bedroom apartment with the 3rd bedroom as an office ($550ea/month not utilities in NH) with one roomate. who was making the same approximate money.. it worked fine. Were things tight? sure. did he do it? yes...

my youngest son is now sharing a very nice 3 bedroom house in North Manchester in a very nice neighborhood (I would willingly live there) with a school teacher and a waiter. He makes the most but rent is split ($600 each not utilities)..

There seems to be a new outlook that everyone is entitled to upper middle class living. We are talking about MINIMUM WAGE. This is supposed to be a starter wage not a final wage. Just like my son busted his ass, got promoted and doesn't make $14.71 anymore, as a matter of fact makes twice that.

How about you? is this your excuse to continue to live in your mom's basement? Is hearing reality making it hard for you to continue the excuse? is that why you replied?

Last edited:
Read the EO.
It's not a request for refugees. It's a seat at the table to make the decision. It even states that it's to determine whether or not, and if so to what extent, to send refugees. It means the state will be involved in the decision process.

Those not part of the program will just be told they are taking X number of refugees and where they will be going. This is politics, who do you think is going to get the short-end? Those that support the president's EO and are involved in the process. Or those that refuse to be part of the discussion and have no say or recourse when it comes to refugees?
This is a good time to point out that the Constitution gives the federal government zero authority over immigration, and so that power belongs to the states.

This is a good time to point out that the Constitution gives the federal government zero authority over immigration, and so that power belongs to the states.
From a practical point how would that work? And imagine a border/coastal state, like CA, making decisions on immigration. They'd let everyone in and then the new immigrants would be free to cross the state border into the rest of the US. The Constitution may not give the Fed the authority, but in this case it probably should.

From a practical point how would that work? And imagine a border/coastal state, like CA, making decisions on immigration. They'd let everyone in and then the new immigrants would be free to cross the state border into the rest of the US. The Constitution may not give the Fed the authority, but in this case it probably should.
Article I, Section 8, Clause 4

You mean Cali doesn't already do this????

Not much to explain, IMHO Manchester and Derry are pits, Salem NH is just North Lawrence ( the fine young urbanite that got shot in Lawrence the other night was a resident of Salem)

I know life long Manchester residents that are now living in fear due to the crime in their neighborhood.

As the Massification of NH continues, the problems are moving north too.

"We" have enough problems without importing more.

strange I have property in Derry and don’t see any of the above mentioned issues

Manchester has its pockets but overall it’s not too bad I’d be more fearful walking around most northshore mass towns at night than Manchester

Shithole status is always relative. I have a friend in Derry. She doesnt think its safe to walk around at night. I grew up in Chelsea MA, and I think her opinion of Derry is laughable. Aside from that every city is going to have its pockets of good and bad. Personally I cant recall anyplace in Derry that I would consider to be a shithole or dangerous. Its more densely settled and has more of an urban-ish feel to it than surrounding towns but far from a true shithole. Manchester has nicer parts that I had always assumed was Hooksett and other parts that remind me of Lynn or Chelsea.

My brother lives n Chester, he was telling me his house is at the end of a road coming from Derry and a lot of police vehicle chase situations have come out of Derry.

How much of a shit hole is it is the question right?

Is it third world shithole? Not yet but its moving in that direction

Its the nexus of violent crime in the state (manchester)......

Its also where a large number of so called refugees are being dumped.......walk into any bank on a saturday.....particularly the first sat of the month and its full of people who dont speak english trying to cash welfare/similar checks that you and I paid for with our taxes....

like I said , I live here , don’t see it , it’s rather nice actually, especially coming from mass over 5 years ago

can’t tell you last time I ran into someone that didn’t speak English in Derry

next thing I’m probably going to hear is the property taxes are too high 😂🤣😂

Last edited:
He's not a conservative. He's a populist.
Call him what you like, he's a helluva lot better than Maggie Hassan was and that Molly Kelly would've been.
I think he's been a true friend and defender of the 2d Amendment in NH. Charlie Baker's a "Conservative" too. Who would you rather have?
strange I have property in Derry and don’t see any of the above mentioned issues

Manchester has its pockets but overall it’s not too bad I’d be more fearful walking around most northshore mass towns at night than Manchester
I've been through a few sketchy places in Manch-Vegas but lots of nice spots too. Where the Hell have you been going on the Northshore? Outside of the first half of the 80's, ( Somerville, Medford, Reading & Lynn ) I've lived on the Northshore for 50 + years. Places not to go at night on the Northshore ; Lynn Union St to Chestnut St to Essex St and back to Washington St out to Western Ave down to South Common St going back into Central Sq. South Peabody Lynn St to Washington St to Foster St into the Peabody Sq. Salem The Point mostly. Beverly Beckford, Bennett, Simon, Ropes, Gage, Grant, Mill and some parts of Park St & Blaine Ave. Gloucester Just downtown I guess. Newburyport & Salisbury were kinda rough back in the 80's but Newburyport is High Society these days. I think Salisbury aka Salisbrook has come up a few notches. I'd say 95% of the Northshore is fairly safe, even at night. I wouldn't say the same for Manch-Vegas.

This is getting ridiculous and frankly embarrassing. Read the EO! I'll attach it so no one has to actually make the effort to go looking for it. These misleading articles are going to have people bitching to Sununu without knowing what is actually happening. He hasn't done a bad thing, alienating him, when he's done so much, is just not right.

He has agreed to participate in the program. He has NOT agreed to anything more than that. And participating in the program means he can say, and the Fed has to listen, that refugees aren't a good fit, or at least need to be limited in number and location. From the EO:
I have consulted with the Secretary of State and determined that, with limited exceptions, the Federal Government, as an exercise of its broad discretion concerning refugee placement accorded to it by the Constitution and the Immigration and Nationality Act, should resettle refugees only in those jurisdictions in which both the State and local governments have consented to receive refugees under the Department of State’s Reception and Placement Program (Program).
This is the program he has agreed to be part of. The one that lets him say no. Not being part of the program mean the Fed having no requirement to consult with the state. Does that really sound like the better approach.

We should be supporting this, not vilifying him.
If you going to trash him when he does the right thing, just because you can't be bothered to look into it, don't be surprised when he ignores you when you ask for that next veto.

Attachments

• 2019-21505.pdf
    274.5 KB · Views: 1
Shithole status is always relative. I have a friend in Derry. She doesnt think its safe to walk around at night. I grew up in Chelsea MA, and I think her opinion of Derry is laughable. Aside from that every city is going to have its pockets of good and bad. Personally I cant recall anyplace in Derry that I would consider to be a shithole or dangerous. Its more densely settled and has more of an urban-ish feel to it than surrounding towns but far from a true shithole. Manchester has nicer parts that I had always assumed was Hooksett and other parts that remind me of Lynn or Chelsea.

OMFG she could walk from one end of Derry to the other wearing nothing but a bikini made from heroin baggies and nothing would happen to her. What a friggen snowflake. She would shrivel up and die in Manchvegas or Nashua...

OMFG she could walk from one end of Derry to the other wearing nothing but a bikini made from heroin baggies and nothing would happen to her. What a friggen snowflake. She would shrivel up and die in Manchvegas or Nashua...
[laugh] Dude, I know. She thinks Derry is a pit but at the same time shes constantly trying to steer me towards Nashua and Manch. for various reasons. I work in Chelsea MA so I tell her I like to get away from the shit on the weekend, not visit the NH versions.

Call him what you like, he's a helluva lot better than Maggie Hassan was and that Molly Kelly would've been.
I think he's been a true friend and defender of the 2d Amendment in NH. Charlie Baker's a "Conservative" too. Who would you rather have?

I've been through a few sketchy places in Manch-Vegas but lots of nice spots too. Where the Hell have you been going on the Northshore? Outside of the first half of the 80's, ( Somerville, Medford, Reading & Lynn ) I've lived on the Northshore for 50 + years. Places not to go at night on the Northshore ; Lynn Union St to Chestnut St to Essex St and back to Washington St out to Western Ave down to South Common St going back into Central Sq. South Peabody Lynn St to Washington St to Foster St into the Peabody Sq. Salem The Point mostly. Beverly Beckford, Bennett, Simon, Ropes, Gage, Grant, Mill and some parts of Park St & Blaine Ave. Gloucester Just downtown I guess. Newburyport & Salisbury were kinda rough back in the 80's but Newburyport is High Society these days. I think Salisbury aka Salisbrook has come up a few notches. I'd say 95% of the Northshore is fairly safe, even at night. I wouldn't say the same for Manch-Vegas.

I lived on the NS my whole life , reread what you typed , add basically all of Boston Street in Lynn to your list the area around Chatham st , basically everything 1 block inland from Lynn shore drive almost all of Revere, the areas around Franklin st and mason st, the list goes on and on if you really think about it

the only sketchy parts of Derry and Manchester is the east side of Elm St in Manchester and even that area has gotten better with SNHU buying up all the property in Manchester turning it into more of a college town than its former self

all I’m saying is when someone calls Derry a shithole or a urban area it just shows they have only been through one part of Derry off exit 4 where all the business is which is nothing more than a pimple compared to the size of the town, and even then there is nothing even remotely dangerous about that area

I lived in Lynn for 15 years and had a business right on Essex street at the corner of Joyce also lived in Everett for 20 and still have a house in Saugus and a business in Peabody so I think I have a fairly good measuring stick

his is getting ridiculous and frankly embarrassing. Read the EO! I'll attach it so no one has to actually make the effort to go looking for it. These misleading articles are going to have people bitching to Sununu without knowing what is actually happening. He hasn't done a bad thing, alienating him, when he's done so much, is just not right.

He has agreed to participate in the program. He has NOT agreed to anything more than that. And participating in the program means he can say, and the Fed has to listen, that refugees aren't a good fit, or at least need to be limited in number and location. From the EO:
If you noticed in the article it had a link to the EO. I would point out that the Fed will listen if it wants to and won't if it doesn't. Governments tend to only abide by the laws set forth for them when it suits them. Otherwise they say screw it and do as they please. I agree that this sounds like the better choice but as we should know by now there is a lot of money involved to influence the choices of those in government and lately they certainly seem to not be in the general populations best interest.

Facts were posted previously

In 2011 NH took in an annual record high of 522 "Refugees" under Dem gov Lynch

In 2018 under Sununu we took in a record low of 162......

Lets see what happened in 2019 once reported.....
Unfortuntely facts aren't always interpreted in the same way or in our favor all the time. Sununu's definitely been better but will he continue to be so? We'll have to wait and see. Unfortunately there is a lot of financial incentive from outside forces to do things that aren't in the best interest of the country. It will be great if he continues to hold the line for as long as he's in there.

Back
Top Bottom