• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sunday hunting hearing sept 18 results?

Puritans bedamned. I support the current law only b/c wife and Daughter #2 are big woods-walkers and love the Fall. It's nice to have a day where you can be RELATIVELY sure that there are no hunters about.

It is my one selfish desire within the laws, I believe. But it's not for economic benefit. It's for my family's peace of mind. :)

Puritans bedamned. I support the current law only b/c wife and Daughter #2 are big woods-walkers and love the Fall. It's nice to have a day where you can be RELATIVELY sure that there are no hunters about.

It is my one selfish desire within the laws, I believe. But it's not for economic benefit. It's for my family's peace of mind. :)

Neg rep.

j/k

Good for your and your family, you feel safe, you assume we all are trigger happy idiots and think you look like a bird or deer. Many times, we need to verify buck or doe, hen or tom. Yeah...we're gonna shoot you....

Also, most of this talk is about bowhunting where you need to be within 20-30 yards of the game being taken, also much of it is about hunting on private land....which your family shouldn't be walking on anyway without landowner consent. Why should what people do or allow on private land be any concern of yours???

My son and I have no time during the week and only can hunt together on Sunday's. We pay license fees for the privilege of it. Yet we can't enjoy our time together because of uneducated people that think like you.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Wear some orange, share the woods that the sportsmans paid for. I see people all the time, no orange letting their dogs run loose and think nothing of it, here I am the hunter in full orange going by the book and they look at me like "what are you doing here?"

You're really afraid of them getting shot? As long as they use their brains they won't have an issue.

Funny, before it used to be a religious issue now it's a feel good issue.

Neg rep inbound.

Wear some orange.

Do your cherubs only walk in the woods on Sunday?

Do they walk private land?

Your are no better than the panty bunched twatwaffle soccer moms that support the Sunday ban. You should be ashamed.

I'm quite sure your cherubs are safer in the woods during hunting season than riding in a car.

Can't wait for Derek to chime in on this one.[popcorn]

Last edited:
As a hunter and some one who also enjoys family time in the woods I am against Sunday hunting. Hunters have the six days to hunt imo there is no need for adding Sunday. Take a day off call in sick but the excuse that Sunday is the only day is just that an excuse. In a state that is so anti why do anything to give them more to dislike? Leave things alone.

Seriously? I get two days to go deer hunting because I can't get out of work during the week.

Maybe they can stay home those two days.... Or go to a lovely park in Worcester since they don't allow discharge within the city limits.

Sorry if two more days is asking for too much.

As a hunter and some one who also enjoys family time in the woods I am against Sunday hunting. Hunters have the six days to hunt imo there is no need for adding Sunday. Take a day off call in sick but the excuse that Sunday is the only day is just that an excuse. In a state that is so anti why do anything to give them more to dislike? Leave things alone.

What six days do I have to go hunt?

Sounds like we need to start selling a woods walking license. Since you can walk in the woods unencumbered for at least 52 days, it should probably cost $4,000, since I pay around $50 to use the woods for two or six days.

Seriously? I get two days to go deer hunting because I can't get out of work during the week.

Maybe they can stay home those two days.... Or go to a lovely park in Worcester since they don't allow discharge within the city limits.

Sorry if two more days is asking for too much.
It's quite clear he thinks hunters are irresponsible *******s out to rapid fire recklessly.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like we need to start selling a woods walking license. Since you can walk in the woods unencumbered for at least 52 days, it should probably cost $4,000, since I pay around $50 to use the woods for two or six days.

Winner of the internet today

Your worse than Dennisonma. Statists! Both of you!

Where's your families woods walking license you ignorant ass!!!!

I pay to hunt. Woods walkers don't pay a ****ing dime! No way a hunter should have to take time.out of work to hunt. Your a Statists Plain as day.

What six days do I have to go hunt?

almost everyone's a statist when they find a ban that suits their interests.

Like you, I work and pretty much only get 2 Saturdays to hunt. It's BS. Woods walkers have the whole ****ing year to walk in the woods. And if they must walk in the woods during hunting season. wear some damn orange. When was the last time a someone in blaze orange was killed in MA?

Another out yourself thread. It's hilarious when hunters are also statists and support illogical restrictions on hunting.

Let's see I have a state park season pass, I have a hunting license, I donate to trustees of reservations. So I would say I pay my share.

but it's for the children though. Do you ever even think about the children?
You're right - little Timmy has nowhere to take Lassie for a walk if evil right wingers with assault shotguns are out trying to murder Bambi.

Let's see I have a state park season pass, I have a hunting license, I donate to trustees of reservations. So I would say I pay my share.

Still a Statist tool bag. You realize your little approval of a namby pamby Sunday ban effects guys hunting private property right?

Statist!

I don't get it. How can a hunter/sportsman endorse such a law? Sportsman pay the lions share of all monies that go into managing that property for EVERYONE to use, and your going to largely reduce their available time to use the very land they pay for by often 50%? Take time off work? OK, lose a days pay to use land your money already goes to? That's just a fail on so many levels.

Would these same people line up to pay a land usage fee, say for jogging, leisure,recreation, on these lands?

Hunters are already heavily regulated and limited in regards to their avowed sport, and that goes 4-fold up there in MA with all the ridiculous restrictions. Regardless, you want to have "your day in the woods" c'mon mang.

[popcorn]

Hey - other people fight hard for their Social Security, street lights and other programs. Why is mine Statist? [rofl]

Seems people for freedom should get more than 2 days off a week. [rofl] [rofl]

Neg reps INBOUND [rofl]

Damn. I thought this place had changed. Funny funny stuff.

I don't get it. How can a hunter/sportsman endorse such a law? Sportsman pay the lions share of all monies that go into managing that property for EVERYONE to use, and your going to largely reduce their available time to use the very land they pay for by often 50%? Take time off work? OK, lose a days pay to use land your money already goes to? That's just a fail on so many levels.

Would these same people line up to pay a land usage fee, say for jogging, leisure,recreation, on these lands?

Hunters are already heavily regulated and limited in regards to their avowed sport, and that goes 4-fold up there in MA with all the ridiculous restrictions. Regardless, you want to have "your day in the woods" c'mon mang.

I believe if you ask bikers, walkers, joggers and picture takers to pay a use fee....you are labled as a statist on NES by some.

There fore I suggest the following. as hunting fees are statist as well, ...we do away with the hunting license fees, Pittman -Robertson 11% tax on guns, ammo, bows and arrows used for hunting, all game stamp fees, moose lottery fees, land stamp fees, all game seasons.....etc.

We then just then walk out into the woods and hunt anytime of the day, and any day of the week, any day of the year, and with any weapon we want. Even at night with lights and headlamps! Equal rights I say, and no one can call me a statist for asking other to pay anything. So it must be A OK.

Got problems with it? Then your the statist.....

Last edited:

Hunters get about 3 months to hunt per year. EVERYBODY gets 12 months to walk in the woods. So yeah, let's take an extra 12 days away from hunters, especially those who work for a living and pay to hunt.

It's nice you can take all the time off from work to hunt. Some people actually need their paychecks so they can pay to hunt.

If someone doesn't like the fact that I hunt they can go someplace else.

Back
Top Bottom