• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sunday Hunting Bill

Though I agree that there should be Sunday hunting, The Legislature is bound to the influence and pressure of HSUS and MSPCA and the other animal rights kooks that spew their garbage in that state.

They did it in NY....

And Connecticut.

It’s just that I have seen this bill submitted in one form or another every year for as long as I can remember. It would be great if it passed and was signed into law but I won’t hold my breath.

I just opt to hunt, and spend my money, in Connecticut. I can hunt private land on Sunday if I want and I can start a month early. Two weeks with the early opening in the east that started last season.

Bob

There you have it folks! It doesn't affect me so why should I care. That is why those that hunt and trap continue to lose ground.

Not at all. We are losing hunters and trappers because very few actually bring new people in. I do every chance I get plus I volunteer to hunter safety. Now the reasoning behind archery only is that based on what I have experienced in Mass is that not many anti hunters want to hear firearms on their Sunday so you start with Archery only and work from there. Or you can bitch you want everything and nothing less and in that case we will get less. Trapping has loss ground because very few want to out in the time plus the Mass govt is filled with PETA friends just look at the recent laws guiding how to dispatch squirrels

First off....a long time ago, this mattered to me...having an extra day would be nice. Now I hunt private land...whenever I want. I don't care anymore. I pay my license, I pay my fees for equipment. Fxcked if I'm going to let someone tell me when or when not I can hunt on private land besides the landowner. Add to that I'm close to NH and VT...so another reason this is a non issue. I'd gladly patronize their states that arent a**h***s to hunters and treat them like shxtclowns, where I can drive 20 minutes and I can use my big boy rifle instead of a shotgun. And amazingly....no one gets hurt with the scary rifle. CT...yup, start Archery mid September and hunt on Sundays if I want there too.......lots of deer.

The reality here is....

Sunday hunting has many more enemies than just the normal Anti hunting, and Animal Welfare groups. While they play a role, much more input is given to the politicians from a**h*** hikers, dogwalkers, birders, and mountain bikers who want their one day in the woods on our WMA's for themselves where they don't "threatened". Ive heard this over and over when I talk to politicians, why the Sunday hunting bill cannot pick up traction.....its always....there is too much negativity comes from constituents who value "their" day in the woods where they want to feel "safe".

Think of what a kick in the balls this is......

This is the same group of a**h***s that pay nothing towards these lands, conservation, and licenses for what they do. Yet we pay a license and excise taxes on our equipment to fund these lands and cannot use them on Sunday.......DURING THE SEASON. Yes...we have seasons, so not only do these a**h***s get months of time without us in the woods off season, but they also take our Sunday's during the season.

Sunday hunting is likely never to happen here...ever.....its not because of humane groups, its because of your neighbors who walk and bike, and continually fxck you over and pay nothing using WMA lands for free, while you pay all sorts of fees and excise and can't fully utilize a 2 day weekend. Those are the people that show up to the meetings and write or call the legislators and bitch about it. Those are the people holding back our freedom.

So when the time comes to fee or tax walkers or bikers for using state land or rail trails, or whatever fee or license the state can come up with. I will be glad to go to the ballot box and vote yes, because they've bent me over all these years, its only fair i give it back to them.

Or....I'd like it better if all these a**h***s just shut the fxck up and let me go about my daily business on a Sunday during the hunting season. Any season. Gun, bow, etc. Fxck getting our feet wet by just going for bow, because it's most likely to pass. What a bunch of cucks we are to even let this happen.

What should be done is boycott of all purchases of licenses til Sunday hunting happens in full. Of course that would never happen, too many pussies. ALL MA Sportsmans clubs should be pushing for this, without some serious action, Sunday hunting is just a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Pennsylvania’s Sunday hunting bill clears last big hurdle

"After a 20-year fight by sportsmen, #Pennsylvania has voted to allow three days of Sunday #hunting."

Pennsylvania’s Sunday hunting bill clears last big hurdle

"After a 20-year fight by sportsmen, #Pennsylvania has voted to allow three days of Sunday #hunting."
Wow 3 whole days???? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge victory!

Wow 3 whole days???? Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge victory!

It's a significant hurdle that's been overcome. The arguments that I heard from PA sportsmen against Sunday hunting were the same as what I've heard from sportsmen in both Massachusetts and Maine; that is: posted land by landowners, more closed towns, over-harvest of deer, etc.. One of the biggest opponents of Sunday hunting in MA was the former chair of the Fish and Wildlife Board, George Darey and I heard him use the posted land argument as his reason against it.

When I ask why sportsmen are deliberately excluded from WMA's, the very lands that our license fees purchased, so that those who haven't contributed A SINGLE DIME may have exclusive, year-round Sunday use, I never get an answer that makes any sense. Even little Rhode Island has Sunday hunting and tells non-hunters that they are SHARING the land with the very people whose dollars made it possible to protect it.

Mark is right about the non-license purchasers howling the loudest about Sunday hunting. I've talked to several whose property abuts a WMA and they act like it's an extension of their property. Also, don't forget that there are no fees involved to use a WMA, unlike an Audubon facility or even certain state parks, so you get the "if it's free, it's for me' crowd there as well.

The story of how much open space has been protected by sportsmen's dollars statewide is one that needs to be told vigorously, instead of it being a byline to open space conservation in Massachusetts.

How many more people have to die by way of car accidents involving deer before the let this through? Bowhunting has an impeccable safety record. Meanwhile, I've read several stories, this year alone in fact, about fatalities resulting from vehicle collisions with deer. One of them involving a school bus.

Hunting is the most effective tool to manage the population of deer. Restricting a hunter's access to perform this valuable service to the state makes so little sense that only a state like Massachusetts would do it.

The way I heard it was that the Sunday hunting bill was going against the crossbow bill, and crossbow won out. For now.

I don't know why they couldn't just combine them, and call it the "Modernization of Hunting" bill or something.

Back
Top Bottom