summer time OC pro-2A PR events

I will start by stating - I am an introvert. I can come up with ideas. I HATE leadership roles. I am better suited to setup/breakdown/keep things running behind the scenes type.

The OC rifle tools' in other states going into restaurants could use a few dope slaps as they do not help our cause. On that note. After the threads from the last year about open carry events
and such that all seemed to fizzle out, I kept trying to come up with ways to get this to work. As I said, I do not have the people skills to pull it off, hence this is where the rest of you come in.

Basics of it all -

Blood drive - This seemed to have a fair amount of support. Get a handful of groups together, number per group depending on turn out, staged at various intersections near by to where the bloodmobile
would be setup. OC'ing while holding signs with the drive details directing them there.

On location - Tent outside with water, cookies and possible other quick snacks for donors. Maybe have some pamphlets with firearm/LTC info and the failed gun control measures of this state (discount
bulk buy or supplied by GOAL if we can work it). Again all while OC'ing.

Now for the kicker - Try to get area gun clubs and/or private instructors on board with accepting a discount coupon on the Basic Pistol Safety Course.

Granted at this time most clubs/instructors are not having that hard of a time filling up classes. But even at my home club over the last 6 months, I have noticed an empty seat or 2 in each class.
Even if it was only $10-15 off, it would be a win-win-win situation. Red cross is happy with more blood, Clubs/instructors are happy with more students, Us, the satisfaction of showing/promoting firearms
in a good light here in the PRM

In my immediate area there is the Holyoke & Northampton revolver clubs. As a member of one and having friends in the other, I will ask around if a discount for the donors from these types of events would fly.
I am sure some tweaking might be needed to get them on board. But I am also hopeful this is something we can get off the ground this summer. Who knows by fall, we could even have OC toy drives going.

I'll be planting this into the board members that will be at our practical shoot tomorrow. And depending on the weather for Sunday, I might go to the USPSA in Monson and bounce the idea around there. Could be doable esp if we do it county by county.

To clarify a couple of things - no OC of rifles for this. OC of handguns only.

Also this would not happen at gun clubs, most from what I have seen (at least around my area) are off the beaten path. So some shopping center parking lot, hopefully in a high vis area.

Why not just work with goal or a 2a group, hold the event, Gand out information but without the oc part? They'll get that you're carrying and a peaceful, non confrontational event will garner more positive or that the press will have difficulty assaulting. Like it or not, the open presence of firearms is an ineffective means of protest and harms the cause.

Why not do a neighborhood cleanup in a shitty part of town, gather some 100 tlc holders and some brooms while notifying the press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just work with goal or a 2a group, hold the event, Gand out information but without the oc part? They'll get that you're carrying and a peaceful, non confrontational event will garner more positive or that the press will have difficulty assaulting. Like it or not, the open presence of firearms is an ineffective means of protest and harms the cause.

Why not do a neighborhood cleanup in a shitty part of town, gather some 100 tlc holders and some brooms while notifying the press.

I agree, conduct the event and actvity and the publicize the fact it was gun owners or GOAL members etc is more productive. As ive said before we cant change the 10-15% who want to ban guns but the 70+% undecided we can impact. OC at an event changes the focus from the good done pertaining to the activity to just a bunch of people OCing

Sent from the blind

the main reason being as it stands now with all the crap suitability non standards we have, and the fact that open carry is legal in this state, if some moonbat just thinks they see a gun they can call the cops and cry person with a gun. which turns into disturbing the peace or worse charge and makes its way back to your CLO who then gets to decide if you are no longer suitable and can yank your ltc. all from printing, having the wind blow open a jacket, a shirt riding up.

do these events with part of the info and visual that OC is legal, get the moonbats used to seeing and maybe start thinking if they are OC'ing they most likely have an LTC (what proper gangbanger/crook would open carry to begin with), get them used to the sight of guns, holstered on non-police. and maybe at some point ( though i doubt it) a statement from the tards in the legislator/ag to be forced to stated open carry is legal and the mere sight of a gun is NOT cause enough to warrant a breach of/disturbing the peace, Aw/DW A&B or what other bs charge they might try to pull out of their ass. then when your concealment is less then perfect you dont have to worry about it as much.

as it is the SJC did rule on something similar already in the past year, though that dealt with a non-res ltc and the fact he was in a dr. office and told the staff he was/carrying (while in the exam room)and would be locking everything up in his briefcase. upon which some moonbat got her panties in a bunch, cops called etc etc.... ended with the state yanking his non-res ltc... he fought it and the SJC said the mere sight of a gun and the fact he told the staffer was all reasonable and not grounds for him to lose his ltc and it was ordered reinstated.

I'm not saying we open carry rifles (which unless your going into or out of the woods to hunt is a no-no anyway)(forget where in the mgls i had seen it)

I'm am saying OC handguns in positive settings. get real info out there to counter act the crap the media and our moonbat leaders boston. show that law abiding people, with guns, are not the problem. if we can get our local clubs on board with offering a discount to blood donors, then we have a good chance of helping to increase our ranks. even if all we end up doing is to get people to go take a safety course they would never of taken anyway because they still dont want an ltc, but wanted to educate themselves a little more of the subject and get them to see all the asinine do nothing laws we get to deal with in this hellhole of a state. they might realize just how pathetic the crap they try to and have passed in the past and how it has had no effect on anything other then to make things worse for law abiding people and does nothing to stop the bad guys....

A number of gun clubs already host blood drives. WSA just had less than a month ago. Whats the point?

OP:

here's the rub. OC, while lawful, is considered unwise by many. And OC of a long gun while not lawfully engaged in hunting is a no-no.

So...first you have a group that may not want to be noticed. Then, you have a media that is not sympathetic to our cause - remember that "a couple hundred" people showed up at the statehouse? Hell our Club had 2 busses! It will be ignored unless there's a problem.

love how for the most part, only get the naysayers and others looking to shoot these things down... if your all pleased to keep getting F'ed over and not doing nothing. that's fine. keep it to yourself an out of this thread. i'm looking for ways and people to help change the crap we have in this state. open carry events, starting in green towns, get the public used to it all, get the local media to cover it, do it over and over again till the anti's get so sick of it they either push for some laws so F'ed up that national 2a groups can't ignore it and have to try to step in or the antis move out of their so called liberal paradise that is the PRM and have stumble into free states where maybe their heads will just explode.

start playing their games. stick this in their face long enough over and over and over again. at some point it will start to stick. just look what it has done for them and their agenda. time to start doing what works. saying oh not this... it'll never work.... finding ways to shoot these things down.... try something useful for a change, because whatever you have been doing... it hasn't worked

I'll bring this up at Danvers' next meeting and see if any of the geriatrics would be willing to help out with this. I'll look up LARGO and see if maybe we can set something up this summer.

that would be why i ignored the largo comment the first time someone mentioned it, when i started looking into all the pro-2a groups around their site was in the same state it is now....

welp talked to a couple of the board members from my home club and from NRC. all will be bring up at their next club board member meetings to see what kind of interest, if any on the discount towards
classes or memberships.

any group can do a blood drive. most i have seen around here have the group putting it on and they all offer things like movie/6 flag tickets... the moonbats always complain about lack of training or how anyone can buy firearms and all the mis-truths they can find to go with their arguments. so lets play by their rules. lets keep everything (holstered hanguns) out in the open at all times at these events. lets see how many of these we can do. i wouldn't mind seeing 3 a year aprilish, mid to late july, late sept - early oct....

if/when i hear back from the board members from hrc/nrc, if all is good and they could do it (heck even if only 1). i'll probably see if goal and comm2a have any info pamphlets they could send out for these events.

i know a few people that want nothing to do with firearms, but i do know they are blood donors. i am just hoping they will be open minded enough to at least take a class with live fire esp if they can get a discount on it. i'm not expecting a miracle for it, but maybe some facts will creep into their heads. best case i could hope for with them, they would still be against firearms, hopefully now though it would be channeled just towards the criminal element and their views of legal gun owners would change for the better.

and i'm pretty sure we all know people like that

I know Harry who ran LARGO was also on the GOAL Board of Directors. I do think I mentioned something like "reactivate" or "rejuvenate" them, or something like that. Contact Harry and ask him how he did what he did. He's a great guy.

Please don't give me that "what an idiot" look. I might be a bit naive, but can we not find a 2A sympathetic town where we could get the involvement of the local LEO's to have a presents for the event? This might put some of the Nervous Nellies at ease. That way everything would be kept legal and actually supported by law enforcement. Also you would have better leverage on those who would condemn the use of Police (public servants) for a "2A Demonstration" by having them part of the "Blood drive" sponsored by concerned citizens who happen to be members of NES. This could be a baby step, leading to an NES only event. Giving up a little control to gain respect and more control in the future.

thanks for the info for the old largo contact. and where he is now....

I was planning on this starting in a nice green town... and its even one the has lots of foot traffic in its downtown, a fair number of corners to place groups on not to far from where ever we did set up and the best part is... full of moonbats. also helps to have a couple of contacts at the pd who will probably just tell me as long as everything stays holstered there shouldn't be a problem.

yup lookin at noho to start it. if things look good on the club participation end with accepting the discount offer. it will be a matter of finding out if there is a business with a parking lot we can set up in. or looking into what cost would be associated with taking over XX number of parking spots for a few hours for the blood mobile to park at... would prefer a parking lot... just have to look into it once we get further along.

Please don't give me that "what an idiot" look. I might be a bit naive, but can we not find a 2A sympathetic town where we could get the involvement of the local LEO's to have a presents for the event? This might put some of the Nervous Nellies at ease. That way everything would be kept legal and actually supported by law enforcement. Also you would have better leverage on those who would condemn the use of Police (public servants) for a "2A Demonstration" by having them part of the "Blood drive" sponsored by concerned citizens who happen to be members of NES. This could be a baby step, leading to an NES only event. Giving up a little control to gain respect and more control in the future.

I don't think having the local police on site will help. With uniformed police around, the average sheep will just assume the others are off duty.

thanks for the info for the old largo contact. and where he is now....

I was planning on this starting in a nice green town... and its even one the has lots of foot traffic in its downtown, a fair number of corners to place groups on not to far from where ever we did set up and the best part is... full of moonbats. also helps to have a couple of contacts at the pd who will probably just tell me as long as everything stays holstered there shouldn't be a problem.

yup lookin at noho to start it. if things look good on the club participation end with accepting the discount offer. it will be a matter of finding out if there is a business with a parking lot we can set up in. or looking into what cost would be associated with taking over XX number of parking spots for a few hours for the blood mobile to park at... would prefer a parking lot... just have to look into it once we get further along.
Maybe try something in Lynn? Good traffic, not western ma but hey...

I don't think having the local police on site will help. With uniformed police around, the average sheep will just assume the others are off duty.

With my beard and gut, I doubt I would be mistaken for and off duty PO. Plus with 42 total members in Shrewsbury police department with over 800 licences issued, if there is a good turn out it would be hard to think that we all are off duty PO. Plus signage stating NES sponsorship . . .

There are always a million reasons not to do something, but still things get done. Leap of faith.

Last edited:
With my beard and gut, I doubt I would be mistaken for and off duty PO. Plus with 42 total members in Shrewsbury police department with over 800 licences issued, if there is a good turn out it would be hard to think that we all are off duty PO. Plus signage stating NES sponsorship . . .

There are always a million reasons not to do something, but still things get done. Leap of faith.

I agree, and I am hoping something can get set up for this year. I will be there and will bring a few others as well.

Every year I host an open carry BBQ and encourage everyone to wear their finest. Find a good location and set it up. You'll need about $5-600 for food and drinks. Make it a good time and have materials for the local clubs and classes. Maybe they could help sponsor the event. If you have a really public venue you can set up an information station for people interested in shooting that don't know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom