Summer Carry

+1 on the Supertuck.

Adjustable cant comes in real handy to keep the grip from protruding past your natural body lines

The belt clips are wide apart, allowing more advantageous weight distribution.

The belt clips blend into a black belt very nicely. There are no leather loops to fasten to your belt and give an awkward appearance.

The carry height is also adjustable allowing you to practically bury the gun below your belt line so only a portion of the grip is showing. Or carry it high so the bulk of the gun follows your bending and twisting motions more naturally.

The point is, it's very customizable. I changed the carry height, and cant angle on mine. I also ordered it without a "combat cut" and made my own so it follows the contours on my specific gun. It allows you to be 100% sure that the holster does not get in the way during holstering/drawing.

When I carry, I have an XD SC at 3:00 or 4:00 and it carries very well. I've yet to have any friends become inquisitive about "what's that on your hip?"

I would add one very important modification for the SuperTuck. Get the combat cut! I have three with it and one without. The difference is how you grip the gun. Without the combat cut, you have to pull it with your fingers and reposition. With the combat cut you can get a nice high "finger web" grip, which is ready to go in the case of self-defense.

+1 on the Supertuck.

Adjustable cant comes in real handy to keep the grip from protruding past your natural body lines

The belt clips are wide apart, allowing more advantageous weight distribution.

The belt clips blend into a black belt very nicely. There are no leather loops to fasten to your belt and give an awkward appearance.

The carry height is also adjustable allowing you to practically bury the gun below your belt line so only a portion of the grip is showing. Or carry it high so the bulk of the gun follows your bending and twisting motions more naturally.

The point is, it's very customizable. I changed the carry height, and cant angle on mine. I also ordered it without a "combat cut" and made my own so it follows the contours on my specific gun. It allows you to be 100% sure that the holster does not get in the way during holstering/drawing.

When I carry, I have an XD SC at 3:00 or 4:00 and it carries very well. I've yet to have any friends become inquisitive about "what's that on your hip?"

Hey, what tool do you use to adjust the cant? I want to tilt it one forward, but it seems like some leather tool. Suggestions?

I have a nice IWB holster (Comptac Minotaur) and it's great, comparable to others mentioned I think.

...I have a long torso so I like the extra safety of an undershirt to tuck over everything.

True. I must apologize, BosShooter...The t-shirt idea can work but it does depend on body shape and size. Your particular musculature may not allow you to find an IWB holster that fits comfortably and keeps your carry piece from imprinting. So depending upon your body-type, the over-sized t-shirt might not work for you. Just try it out in the dressing room before you spend money on like 13 t-shirts and find when you get home that it doesn't work for you, hehe.

I usually carry a G26 in the warmer weather in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster and wear a long baggy tee shirt or an un-tucked button shirt. I've tried IWB and it's just too uncomfortable. I must have at least six Serpa's. I love how the firearm stays locked in. I jump around and bang into stuff all day @ work and never have to worry about a gun coming loose or falling out.

I've tried wearing my G26 in an ankle holster and it shows or I catch my pant leg on something and I have to pull it back down. I keep my Seecamp on my ankle always and it's comfy and undetected.

My daughter and I were going to MRA one night to zero in our 10/22 for the April Appleseed shoot in Harvard. We figured we fire some 9mm too. I didn't want to bring a second case so I wore all the guns under a long shirt. G19 on my left, G17 on my right and G26 in the back. We stopped at a convience store on the way not even thinking about it until I reached for my wallet, then I started thinking, how would I explain this. I had my shooting glasses hanging from my tee shirt and my MRA cap on and we were 1/4 mile from the club. Anyway, nobody was the wiser.

I think if you're self conscious about it, somebone is more likely to notice.

I usually carry a G26 in the warmer weather in a Blackhawk Serpa Holster and wear a long baggy tee shirt or an un-tucked button shirt. I've tried IWB and it's just too uncomfortable. I must have at least six Serpa's. I love how the firearm stays locked in. I jump around and bang into stuff all day @ work and never have to worry about a gun coming loose or falling out.

I've tried wearing my G26 in an ankle holster and it shows or I catch my pant leg on something and I have to pull it back down. I keep my Seecamp on my ankle always and it's comfy and undetected.

My daughter and I were going to MRA one night to zero in our 10/22 for the April Appleseed shoot in Harvard. We figured we fire some 9mm too. I didn't want to bring a second case so I wore all the guns under a long shirt. G19 on my left, G17 on my right and G26 in the back. We stopped at a convience store on the way not even thinking about it until I reached for my wallet, then I started thinking, how would I explain this. I had my shooting glasses hanging from my tee shirt and my MRA cap on and we were 1/4 mile from the club. Anyway, nobody was the wiser.

I think if you're self conscious about it, somebone is more likely to notice.

I love the Serpa holsters, but they push out considerably and print. Consider a SuperTuck (very comfy) or some other custom type of IWB. Just my opinion.

I IWB my G23, (dimensionally the same as the 19) under Tshirts all the time. as long as the Tee fits comfortably, not snug, you should be fine. i get a little bulge sometimes, but its difficult to spot unless you know what to look for. Just watch out for the shirt riding up.

DeSantis cozy partner for a holster.

Last edited:
Uncle Mikes in the pants holsters. Mad comfortable. My buddy caries a full size auto and a compact both on his waist and with shorts and a t-shirt i can't tell.... and i know what and where he's carrying. IMO longer shirts that are of quality fabric and a good cut will fit the bill quite nicely.

Well being I'm in south Florida its like summer here already its 91 degrees here today so I had this in my pocket as I do most days. Its a S&W 340PD wearing crimson trace laser grips and carrying 5 Remington 125gr golden saber .357's. Believe it or not this gun,grip and ammo combo is very controllable as the golden sabers are a mid range .357 magnum loading.
340PD-muzle-right.jpg

Uncle Mikes in the pants holsters. Mad comfortable. My buddy caries a full size auto and a compact both on his waist and with shorts and a t-shirt i can't tell.... and i know what and where he's carrying. IMO longer shirts that are of quality fabric and a good cut will fit the bill quite nicely.

I use an uncle mikes sidekick ambidextrous holster. I have set up for iwb, and i carry my xd in it year round. now that the weather is nicer i have started wearing hawaiian shirts and have no issues.

Last edited:
Summer is coming. I've already brought the summer clothes out of the attick, the comforters are all put away.... but now, I'm gonna have trouble concealing this G19 (I've given up on the m&p 40c).... What are some of the tricks of the trade to keep this bad boy undetected, so the sheep don't go into a panic? Or should I buy something for the summer season (Give me an excuse to buy another handgun), if so whats the recommendation?

Sweet excuse for buying a new gun...and the one I used to get a KelTec PF-9 for my pocket for summer carry/backup.....

True. I must apologize, BosShooter...The t-shirt idea can work but it does depend on body shape and size. Your particular musculature may not allow you to find an IWB holster that fits comfortably and keeps your carry piece from imprinting. So depending upon your body-type, the over-sized t-shirt might not work for you. Just try it out in the dressing room before you spend money on like 13 t-shirts and find when you get home that it doesn't work for you, hehe.

I'm a skinny guy so I sometimes run into this problem if I want to carry my M&P instead of the j-frame. My solution is to wear a short sleeve button up shirt over my t-shirt, but leave it open. The loose fit of the button up helps to hide what might otherwise print through the t-shirt, but the t-shirt clings to me enough to prevent the firearm from showing if I have to bend down to pick something up. Of course it's all personal preference with a little trial and error thrown in.

This will be my first summer CCW so I'm learning what works and doesn't work too. Right now I have my M&P9c in a Galco Summer Comfort IWB under a t-shirt and the only thing printing is my cell phone. I'll be looking at Hawaiian shirts too. I tried a white tank the other day but the material was a bit too thin for concealment so I had to throw one on untucked for another layer. I took advantage of the cold months to get use to behavior adjustments such as not reaching up with carry side arm, making sure my shirt hasn't ridden up when exiting a car and not constantly adjusting my holster, etc.

G36 in a Smart Carry. As long as I'm not naked, you won't know it's there. I can wear shorts and a T-shirt tucked and you won't know I'm carrying. I can even go shorts and shirt off and you won't know I'm carrying. Holds a spare Mag too.

Last edited:
Buy a quality belt, specifically designed for carrying a gun & ammo. Buy a quality, comfortable holster that you're not fiddling with all the time. When buying clothes, bring the gun, belt, holster and ammo with you.

I carry the same fighting pistol and plenty of ammo year round, and they're very well concealed, even in the Florida heat & humidity.

You guys must like to wear tight clothes.

I have no problem AT ALL concealing a full size M&P in the heat of the summer.

I have found my Derringer of Doom™ (BondArms.410) slips neatly into the otherwise useless coin pocket of my jeans.
Toss a speed strip of extra shells in pocket and away I go. [grin]

Either that or just open carry the big Colt. [wink]

I love the Serpa holsters, but they push out considerably and print. Consider a SuperTuck (very comfy) or some other custom type of IWB. Just my opinion.

Yeah, they do push out. I'm not huge, but I'm not skinny either, and I carry a lot of hardware in my Carharts so if that belt ain't tight, I'm gonna loose my drawers. Here's a pic from that " What we carry " Thread.

Items I Carry..jpg

Columbia makes a pair of shorts that are perfect for front pocket carry of a snub or small 380. I forget the name ,but the front pockets are super deep. I can carry my S&W 340 in an Mikas Pocket Holster all day without any issues. MOst shorts frot pockets are not as deep as these. I know I bought them last year at Kohls. I heard about them on the CCW forum.

I just went the "buy something" route

I just bought a Hk P2000SK in .40 with a FIST #8 holster and 5 mags for "summer" carry. This very versatile pistol may turn into year around carry. The mags come either as:

1. Flat base plate (requires pinky to tuck under) 9rnds
2. Pinky rest (which PO removed the lip so now round face) This gives a 3/4 pinky rest and 9rnds
3. USPc .40 mag with x-grip block. This gives 10rnds and full size grip feel

Thus I change mags for various carry options. For my build and typical clothing options I wear, 90% of time I can use the full grip 10 USPc Mags. But if I want to I can shorten the height with the others.

I got lucky on this one being in MA and at a free state price. It has the lighter LEM trigger and Tru Dot NS. Will post pics this weekend in May thread.

Back
Top Bottom