Summer Blast in PA

Just wanted to let you all know that NEshooter regulars 38supermatt and GTOshooter kicked some butt this past weekend in PA.

Matt finished 3rd of 87 total Open shooters. His match % was 92.74% which is a breath away from Grand Master. Run Matt, Run...

Steve finished 2nd B Open by an incredible two tenths of one pecentage point. In other words, about one D hit. The good news is that his match % was 82.64%. Looks like somebody will be moving up soon.

It was a very challenging match with competition from all over the mid-Atlantic and southern states. Great job guys!! Congratulations!

Scott forgot to post that he finished 7th in Limited. He also had a stage win and a second place in a stage, and that's with Todd Jarrett and another GM shooting Limited.

At the end of the match, I ended up just under 2.5 points behind the next B. High B went to my buddy BJ from the Green Mountain Practical Shooters, which is great. Elye from GMPS also had a great finish in Production.

I have some video of stages (and about 20 minutes of the inside of my range bag). I'll edit and post it tonight.

On to Aware next this weekend...

For those that are not aware of the USPSA in this section, we have some of the top competitors around. 38supermatt, GTOshooter, ScottB, MAshooter, PMD, 10MMDave, and HDGUN just to name a few. (and there are more)

I am proud to know you all and congratulations on the Summer Blast. Best of luck to you at the Awarea 7 in VT.

Gary

Cool videos!

Question...I see some people waiting a bit for the swinger or mover at the start of stage 10. Was it a dissappearing target? Couldnt the shooter grab the other two targets before engaging that one?

Steve,
Thanks for sharing the videos - Looks like everyone shot it a little bit different.
I shot stage 10 similar to Scott - but engaged left and then went right at the end.

We should have been able to get the swinger on 10 right away with two shots. I don't know about Matt but I had trigger freeze. It was the first shot of the first stage at 7:45am, what do you expect?

A lot of stages were shot well with close times in different ways.

Awesome! Looks like you guys had fun. I like the one hand technique on the last stage shown. Could have caught the paper on fire! ;o)
Thanks for sharing.

Question...I see some people waiting a bit for the swinger or mover at the start of stage 10. Was it a dissappearing target? Couldnt the shooter grab the other two targets before engaging that one?

the shooter absolutely could, and should have done this.
but like steve said, it was 745am, we really hadnt seen this stage shot the day before, so we had no real idea on the timing aside from the one time it was shown to us on the walkthrough, so, it seemed like we could take the hammer from the table, bang it on the activator, draw and hit the swinger, on its very first exposure, i found out i couldn't do that, and stupidly waited for it to come back. oh well.

Back
Top Bottom