• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suit Carry

ya but you can "tin" a cop with the badge, in addition to being able to open carry and stop road rage... it shows the cop you are a "good guy" and on their side.... it is as good as one of those thin blue line decals or F.O.P. stickers you get for donating to the local Police Athletic League and such.

Have you explored becoming a "reserve" Sheriff?

They may not have one in Suffolk County, but Middlesex will take you as a member for $125 dollars
Middlesex County Deputy Sheriffs Association, Inc.

11/10 on trolling the troll attempt 🤣

(At least i hope this was the intention)

What do you do for work?
I have used a shoulder holster and a 1911 commander in the past without problems. You need a very basic vertical jackass style shoulder holster that tucks the gun under the arm. There are a number of other carry options. My suggestions would also be strong side inside the waist band in leather like a DeSantis Cozy Partner, no need for a large gun belt. Also think about a liter gun like a G19 the holster does most of the holding support. Another option would be an inside the waist band small of the back with a j-frame revolver. I carry with those options. The one thing you must do is practice with each carry option until each becomes second nature and you have mussel memory built up for each.

Last edited:

I had looked at this option but the vertical roto model will not accept a red dot optic pistol.

JMO but I can’t understand how anyone can CCW a huge pistol like a 1911. I’ve got a S&W 686-6+ that I’d love to CCW but damn that bitch is heavy at 2+ lbs. That said, I saw this offering from Mitch Rosen via the Sig store that might be a good option. It’s made for the various P365 platforms and might be worth a try if you’re considering going the P365 route as you stated.

1668294053969.jpeg

JMO but I can’t understand how anyone can CCW a huge pistol like a 1911.

It's not hard. You just need the right holster, the right belt, and the right wardrobe.

That said, I don't routinely CCW government-size 1911s anymore. Of all the handguns I carry around, that's the hardest one to conceal. I almost always IWB.

Is .40 a marketing gimmick or does it punch through heavy winter clothing better than 9mm? I'm switching to a smaller caliber for EDC because my .45 mags are 10 rounds, vs a 9mm or .40 that can carry 17-20.

For the record I hate 1911s and carry a CZ97B. All of the 1911s I have owned have either fired on half-cock or not dropped the hammer when I pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Is .40 a marketing gimmick or does it punch through heavy winter clothing better than 9mm? I'm switching to a smaller caliber for EDC because my .45 mags are 10 rounds, vs a 9mm or .40 that can carry 17-20.

For the record I hate 1911s and carry a CZ97B. All of the 1911s I have owned have either fired on half-cock or not dropped the hammer when I pulled the trigger.
skip the 40 and get 9mm with newly manufactured quality defensive ammo and you’ll do fine with more capacity for the weight and better shoot-ability. I would take a long look at the P365. so many options. I run heavy for caliber in my defensive ammo. 147gr typically for 9’s.

skip the 40 and get 9mm with newly manufactured quality defensive ammo and you’ll do fine with more capacity for the weight and better shoot-ability. I would take a long look at the P365. so many options. I run heavy for caliber in my defensive ammo. 147gr typically for 9’s.
I carry heavy grain +P in my .45, would do the same with 9mm.

If you got this far and through the suck of most of this threat here is a video, you may like. Matt

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9tNKG2AY0&t=6s

@FrankNA
JMO but I can’t understand how anyone can CCW a huge pistol like a 1911. I’ve got a S&W 686-6+ that I’d love to CCW but damn that bitch is heavy at 2+ lbs. That said, I saw this offering from Mitch Rosen via the Sig store that might be a good option. It’s made for the various P365 platforms and might be worth a try if you’re considering going the P365 route as you stated.
[thumbsup]
I had a chance to try on some of Mitch's shoulder holsters at his old shop with a full size 5" 1911. Also, I have owned a Galco Jack Ass rig for 25+ years for another pistol. Mitch's rig was like, well, putting on a tailored suit. The key to the visit was having someone with knowledge adjust and fit the shoulder holster to your body shape. It made a significant difference in all day comfort.

Last edited:

If you got this far and through the suck of most of this threat here is a video, you may like. Matt

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9tNKG2AY0&t=6s

@FrankNA
[thumbsup]
I had a chance to try on some of Mitch's shoulder holsters at his old shop with a full size 5" 1911. Also, I have owned a Galco Jack Ass rig for 25+ years for another pistol. Mitch's rig was like, well, putting on a tailored suit. The key to the visit was having someone with knowledge adjust and fit the shoulder holster to your body shape. It made a significant difference in all day comfort.

This was a very informative video, thanks for sharing. I actually really like the final holster in the video, a white upside-down holster that is made for dress shirts. That’s ingenious.

Back in the day I had reason to wear a suit while carrying my S&W 59, about the same size as a 1911, wider grip. I used a S&W vertical shoulder holster, found that this orientation kept it well hidden. The suit was just something from some place like Mens Warehouse, or some other chain mens store. Originally I went into a MA store to get it fitted with the gun, but they all looked shocked. So I drove up to NH, same chain, and had it fitted there. They thought it was normal, after all you want a good fit with or without a gun.

ya but you can "tin" a cop with the badge, in addition to being able to open carry and stop road rage... it shows the cop you are a "good guy" and on their side.... it is as good as one of those thin blue line decals or F.O.P. stickers you get for donating to the local Police Athletic League and such.

Have you explored becoming a "reserve" Sheriff?

They may not have one in Suffolk County, but Middlesex will take you as a member for $125 dollars
Middlesex County Deputy Sheriffs Association, Inc.
Is being a 'reserve' Sheriff kinda like the NYPD 'auxiliary police' where you get to put on the uniform but still don't get to carry a gun but you do get to go all Ukrainian police and billy club people your uppers order you to?

@IRON EAGLE since you're like me and prefer hammer DA/SA for carry, the Bond carry piece might be for you. Sure it's not an artillery piece like 45 but a 380 or a 32 PPK still is better than chipping your nail polish in a fist fight. If you need more firepower after the first 7 little pea bullets at the bad guys, there's always the bigger piece in your suitcase.

Pierce-Brosnan-as-James-Bond-with-His-Walther-PPK.jpg

572857cb264097a44092bbd3534bf5b7.jpg

Glocks(and 92FS beretta's) have this weird angle that makes it difficult to draw-aim-fire consistently. SIGs(CZ's and modern Berettas) has the angle that's makes it easier draw-aim-fire.

Really?

I'll have to sell my competition guns and buy new ones.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom