Suit Carry

Any of you carry in a suit? I have to wear a suit for work and carry a full-size .45. I've had bad luck with shoulder holsters - I bought a nice $200 horizontal one from Falco and it was way off on fitment. Would IWB be a better option? I don't think a 1.5" or 1.75" duty belt would fare well with a suit. Are there any leather shops that could size you up in MA?

EDIT: an OWB holster might be the best option

Last edited:
full size 1911 hmm i’d probably go iwb or owb if I knew the suit jacket would stay down and cover the slide, depends on the pant fit and how far down the slide rode. I would get the suit custom tailored for the carry. Once you know it works. get a couple more made. Any chance you’ll have to take off your jacket?

full size 1911 hmm i’d probably go iwb or owb if I knew the suit jacket would stay down and cover the slide, depends on the pant fit and how far down the slide rode. I would get the suit custom tailored for the carry. Once you know it works. get a couple more made. Any chance you’ll have to take off your jacket?
More likely to take off his pants and jack it. 😂

I guess if you get the suit tailored around the gun it could work, otherwise it’s going to be a pretty I’ll-fitting jacket if it’s really hiding a full sized 45 on your belt.

Once I get to the office I would take the gun and holster off in the washroom, put it in my bag, then lock the bag in my desk. Reverse process for when I leave and take the subway home.

I tried a horizontal shoulder holster and with a full-size .45 it printed to bad it was only useful for open carry. I would give a vertical shoulder holster a try. I'm just wondering if an OWB holster would be a better option than a vertical shoulder holster. I have quite a few suits and a shoulder holster wouldn't require me to tailor the pants differently, it would also carry the two extra mags I keep on me.

I guess if you get the suit tailored around the gun it could work, otherwise it’s going to be a pretty I’ll-fitting jacket if it’s really hiding a full sized 45 on your belt.
The HK tailor I use will construct a suit around your carry rig. Downside to this is when you aren't carrying, it doesn't fit right, so you need to dress for your day.

I am considering purchasing a subcompact 9mm to use in place of the .45 for commute-carry. I am thinking either the CZ 2075 RAMI or the HK P30SK. I carry DA first shot, SA for the rest, no safety.

so you are going to carry a 8 round capacity hand cannon that is hard to conceal when you could easily and discreetly carry a Sig P365 in a pocket.

Glock 43X? ( if you can find one at non rape pricing)

Glock 19 with a preban magazine (again non rape pricing availability

Cripes I'd take a good old fashioned J frame revolver over a 1911 for EDC

Glock 26 ? personally they are too bulky for me, I don't like the short grip, the 43X is he better option but you can't have Shield Arms 15 round magazines for them in MA sorry....

Wear one of these on your belt to/from work and the sheep won't mind if you're armed, lol. [rofl]
ccw_badge_redacted-800x675.jpg

Not a half-bad idea for open-carry around the city. If Karen is going to play dirty, so are you.
Yep, just open carry, that will solve your problem

great idea

PM me your mailing info I'll send one of those badges to you. You get one as part of your NES GREEN membership kit but you can have mine

Don't forget the Sash ..... to complete the whole ensemble.

View attachment 685373

Also, the CCW neck chain is more in style these days:

View attachment 685375
Whenever I find myself confronted in road-rage type situations out of my control, I open my billfold, flash my driver’s license, and emphatically shake my head while making direct eye contact like the person is making a bad decision, all without verbalizing anything. People always stop the confrontation, apologize and leave.

It is a great non-violent de-escalator.

ya but you can "tin" a cop with the badge, in addition to being able to open carry and stop road rage... it shows the cop you are a "good guy" and on their side.... it is as good as one of those thin blue line decals or F.O.P. stickers you get for donating to the local Police Athletic League and such.

Have you explored becoming a "reserve" Sheriff?

They may not have one in Suffolk County, but Middlesex will take you as a member for $125 dollars
Middlesex County Deputy Sheriffs Association, Inc.

Any of you carry in a suit? I have to wear a suit for work and carry a full-size .45. I've had bad luck with shoulder holsters - I bought a nice $200 horizontal one from Falco and it was way off on fitment. Would IWB be a better option? I don't think a 1.5" or 1.75" duty belt would fare well with a suit. Are there any leather shops that could size you up in MA?

Yeah, you don't want to be carrying a full-size pistorl horizontally. It prints like crazy, swings out every time you bend over. Not good. Instead, look for the vertical holster. The pistol does not print at all and is just as easy to take out. Just make sure the harness is the type that connects to your belt on BOTH sizes. Small pistols are ok for no belt connector or one-sided harness but for large/heavy pistols, you definitely want a belt connector on the opposing side. This will prevent the holster from swinging even during jogging AND make it much more comfortable to wear all day long.

I'm not at all trying to be mean here, but carrying a 1911 to a major metropolitan location for a job requiring suits is pretty ridiculous. This from someone who loves 1911's.

I like the HK P30SK option but don't know if it is a good option for pocket carry. Suit carry for me (in Mass) is G43 in a pocket holster.

I'm not at all trying to be mean here, but carrying a 1911 to a major metropolitan location for a job requiring suits is pretty ridiculous. This from someone who loves 1911's.

I like the HK P30SK option but don't know if it is a good option for pocket carry. Suit carry for me (in Mass) is G43 in a pocket holster.
I’m thinking P365 with safety at this point

Here's an example of a vertical carry holster with attachments on both sides(the ideal for any large carry):

Here's an example of a vertical holster that's one-sided and is terrible to carry:

If you like leather(who doesn't?) and don't like Galco and how it fits, take a look at Massimo Gun Leather. their shoulder straps are much wider and will fit you like a glove after it's broken in(it's leather so it needs to be worn in):

I am considering purchasing a subcompact 9mm to use in place of the .45 for commute-carry. I am thinking either the CZ 2075 RAMI or the HK P30SK. I carry DA first shot, SA for the rest, no safety.
The H&K P30sk is an excellent pistol, I've owned mine for almost a year now. I carry my pistol OWB holster

I had a plain clothes armed security gig back in the day and the UoD was slacks and a sport coat.
I tried just about everything and finally settled on a Glock 19 in a horizontal shoulder holster.
This was in the 80s when a G19 was considered compact.
If I had the same gig today I'd pocket carry one of the mini 9s.

says-here-ur-dc934afc4b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom