• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suicide bombers kill more than 207 people hurt 500 in 'attack on Christians' on Easter Sri Lanka

Exactly. Anyone remember what airport security was like pre 9/11? I once boarded with a four-inch pocket knife. The agent at security just compared blade length to her palm width and handed it back to me. Now I've been searched for a zipper than registered too hot on the scanner.

Terrorists have left their permanent mark on us. Meanwhile some of our "leaders" won't even say the words "radical Islam" to identify the perpetrator, or "Christianity" as the victim. Pitiful.

That's the best word you can find to describe what's going on?

pit·i·ful
/ˈpidēfəl/
adjective
adjective: pitiful
  1. deserving or arousing pity.
    synonyms: distressing, sad, piteous, to be pitied, pitiable, pathetic, disturbing, heart-rending, heartbreaking, saddening, moving, affecting, touching, tear-jerking, plaintive, poignant, forlorn, poor, sorry, wretched, abject, miserable, tragic, woeful, lamentable, grievous;
    raredistressful
    "two children in a very pitiful state"
    • very small or poor; inadequate.
      synonyms: paltry, miserable, meager, beggarly, insufficient, insignificant, trifling, negligible, pitiable, derisory; More
      informalpathetic, measly, piddling, piffling, mingy;
      informalpoxy;
      informaldinky
      "they earn a pitiful $50 a month"
    • archaic
      compassionate.

Ilhan Omar tweeted this this morning:

"As countless people attend Easter service today, our prayers are with the people of Sri Lanka who lost loved ones in these horrible attacks. No person, of any faith, should be fearful in their house of worship."

I'm certainly no fan of hers, but at least in this instance she sort of said the right thing.

All she's trying to do is tie this attack to the Christchurch attack and say that they're equally bad.

Which in leftie-Islamic land is just a narrative twisting method to get back to attacking whitey for attacking Muslims.

Christchurch attack death count = 50

Sri Lanka death count = 200

Stated reason for Christchurch attack (VERY clearly spelled out) = because Muslims keep attacking Christians

Reason for Sri Lanka attack = because Islam

ALLEGED SRI LANKA SUICIDE BOMBER: “ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH MUSLIMS SHOULD BE KILLED”
Extremist statement went unnoticed

One of the alleged suicide bombers responsible for the terror in Sri Lanka previously made a video in which he stated “anyone who disagrees with Muslims should be killed.”

Imam Mohamad Tawhidi posted a video of Islamic extremist Zahran Hashim uttering the statement, which was made in front of a backdrop showing a knife and blood.

“We spend hours exposing extremists every day. This video & its background went unnoticed due to language barriers. If he was exposed & brought to the attention of the authorities, he could’ve been stopped,” tweeted Tawhidi, who in a separate tweet criticized YouTube for hosting Hashim’s radical content.

According to reports, Hashim was responsible for the suicide bombing at the Shangri La hotel.

As we previously reported, journalist Saif Khalid claimed that reporting the name of Hashim was “Islamophobic”.

This tweet was vulgar but not surprising given that Khalid works for Al-Jazeera, which is owned by the Islamist Qatari government.

Alleged Sri Lanka Suicide Bomber: “Anyone Who Disagrees With Muslims Should be Killed”

AL-JAZEERA JOURNALIST CLAIMS REPORTING NAME OF ALLEGED SRI LANKA SUICIDE BOMBER IS “ISLAMOPHOBIC”

Bizarre defense of radical Islam following horrific bombings

Al-Jazeera journalist Saif Khalid claims that reporting the name of one of the alleged suicide bombers in Sri Lanka is “Islamophobic”.

Over 200 people have died after explosions rocked three luxury hotels in the nation’s largest city, Colombo, and three packed Catholic churches. Two additional attacks took place at other sites.

One of the alleged suicide bombers behind the attack on the Shangri La hotel has been identified as Islamic extremist Zahran Hashim.

However, Al-Jazeera journalist Saif Khalid suggested that even reporting Hashim’s name was “Islamophobic.”

Al-Jazeera Journalist Claims Reporting Name of Alleged Sri Lanka Suicide Bomber is “Islamophobic”

So to be clear, YouTube can autonomously block/ban/de-monitize conservatives over basically anything, including recently auto delisting video of Notre Dame burning down by tagging it as 9-11 truther propaganda... BUT we can't block the guy calling to kill everyone?

So all I have to do to avoid strikes on social media is claim to be a Muslim?

Clarification: I am not supporting censorship. I actually think you should be able to post whatever you want as free speech.

So to be clear, YouTube can autonomously block/ban/de-monitize conservatives over basically anything, including recently auto delisting video of Notre Dame burning down by tagging it as 9-11 truther propaganda... BUT we can't block the guy calling to kill everyone?

So all I have to do to avoid strikes on social media is claim to be a Muslim?

Clarification: I am not supporting censorship. I actually think you should be able to post whatever you want as free speech.

So what you're saying is that if we just claim to be Muslim - we can pretty much say anything we want on social media?

Interesting..............................................

They are reporting another explosion just now.

Government blames radical islamic group NTJ, National Thowheeth Jama'ath for all attacks.

National Thowheeth Jama’ath, came to prominence last year when its followers were accused of vandalizing Buddhist statues.

The group’s secretary, Abdul Razik, was arrested in November on charges of inciting religious disharmony.

He was also detained in 2016 for comments about other religions.

The death toll climbed to 290.

Sri Lanka bombings: Local Islamists to blame, government says | DW | 22.04.2019
Sri Lankan government officials on Monday said a local militant group called National Thowfeek Jamaath carried out multiple suicide bomb attacks the previous day in which 290 people died.

Health Minister Rajitha Senaratne told a news conference that all the bombers were Sri Lankan citizens, but that the group likely had foreign links as the attacks seemed too sophisticated to have been carried out without "international support."

Officials say 24 Sri Lankan suspects were now in custody for questioning in connection with the attacks.

A government forensic crime investigator said an examination of the attackers' body parts showed that they were suicide bombers.

Detonators found

Also on Monday, a police spokesman said that 87 bomb detonators had been found at the main bus station in the capital, Colombo, and a nearby garbage dump. Earlier, police said that they had defused an improvised bomb at the international airport in Colombo.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1120302649264496641

Last edited:
Where the f*** is this guy? Why is he not on TV condemning this attack.

View: https://youtu.be/5Nkzw1aaazU

So far, he is here:
CAIR Condemns Attacks on Christian Worshippers and Others in Sri Lanka as ‘Outrageous, Despicable’
In a statement, CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad said:

"Today’s savage attacks on Christian worshippers celebrating Easter Sunday and others in Sri Lanka are outrageous and despicable. May God heal those injured, comfort the loved ones of those killed, and bring those responsible for this crime to justice. American Muslims stand with our fellow citizens of all faiths in condemning such acts of violence wherever they take place and whomever they target. Today, we join people around the world in saying, Pray for Sri Lanka.”

CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.

I just learned that one of my colleagues was among those killed in the hotel attack. He had gone to Sri Lanka for a business meeting. RIP

So far, he is here:
CAIR Condemns Attacks on Christian Worshippers and Others in Sri Lanka as ‘Outrageous, Despicable’
In a statement, CAIR National Executive Director Nihad Awad said:

"Today’s savage attacks on Christian worshippers celebrating Easter Sunday and others in Sri Lanka are outrageous and despicable. May God heal those injured, comfort the loved ones of those killed, and bring those responsible for this crime to justice. American Muslims stand with our fellow citizens of all faiths in condemning such acts of violence wherever they take place and whomever they target. Today, we join people around the world in saying, Pray for Sri Lanka.”

CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance understanding of Islam, protect civil rights, promote justice, and empower American Muslims.
Where are the TV cameras ?

57467874_2607775599235901_5334938337612398592_n.jpg

You ever notice how when non-muslims kill some people anywhere in the world the Democrats in the US stand on the dead bodies trying to remove natural rights, but when Muslims do it the Ds are completely silent?

I was thinking of self-identifying as a undocumented black Mexican non-gender Muslim. That way I can get away with anything and never face any consequences.

I get it. It pisses you off. But sometimes, you have to be the "better man." I've taken plenty of hits in my day that were greatly undeserved. They hurt. But I'd rather be known as the person that stands by the other victims and protects the weak than the one that ALSO pisses on the graves of the innocents.

Not-so-quick aside:
One time a million years ago, I was a church leader. In a bizarre series of events, I somehow was accused of claiming that the mother of a fellow-leader was a massive gossip. I didn't say it exactly that way. But she was, in any event. It was widely known in the church. Like MEGA known. Son took a nutty.

Apologized profusely to him (which he didn't accept at the time). I KNEW he'd call Mommy so the next day I called mommy and apologized to her directly. For something said in a CLOSED DOOR FREAKING MEETING. (Which, if you haven't guessed - gossip. Amazing where he learned it all.)

Son looked at me askance the remainder of my time there. Mom tried to hold it over my head. HER mom looked at me with daggers. (Son is THIRD generation gossip, at least.)

Now, here's the real story - the leader's DAD used to be on the board. We would have a sensitive thing to discuss. Dad would say, "I really shouldn't be here. When I get home, my wife is going to MAKE me tell her and then get on the phone for the next two days." He would mention it REGULARLY. Why the board kept him was beyond me. (Why in our infinite wisdom we allowed Jr. is also beyond me, but it was on my watch so I'll take some responsibility.)

There were FOUR other guys that were on the board with me and Dad. They all knew about Dad. No one came to my aid. They watched as if it was a reality TV show. Not one in the meeting defended me. Not one pulled Jr. aside after and told him quietly what was what.

I shut my mouth and took my lumps. And for being colossal d-words, they kind of deserved me revealing what Dad had said a few years earlier. The chaos would have been epic in the family. But what was said in that leader's room was meant to STAY there. Despite Son and Dad violating that, to reveal the truth would break my original agreement to keep all that quiet.

Oh, and the family is nutty as squirrel poop. LOL

One wonders why I still believe in an all-loving God and avoid church like the plague. ROFL!!!!!

Depends on if you go to church before or after the egg hunt. After - you're an Easter worshipper. You believe that a mythical bunny died 2,000 years ago for your right to eat candy.

Those dastardly Amish have been busy this weekend, I see.

I don't get why we can't just all admit that world-wide, religiously motivated attacks on Christians by non-Christians is just as bad as attacks on any other religion for similar purposes.

I just learned that one of my colleagues was among those killed in the hotel attack. He had gone to Sri Lanka for a business meeting. RIP
I'm sorry for the loss of your colleague. May they rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom