Suggestions?

Well I am looking for a new pistol to use possibly for on or off duty, out of these 3 what do you suggest

Glock 23
XD-40 Service
Para Warthog 45

the Para would only be for off duty, I have a $500 budget ...any other suggestions other than the M&P would be helpful

thanks

Well I am looking for a new pistol to use possibly for on or off duty, out of these 3 what do you suggest

Glock 23
XD-40 Service
Para Warthog 45

the Para would only be for off duty, I have a $500 budget ...any other suggestions other than the M&P would be helpful

thanks

XD40? I don't think you can purchase one of those in MA.

The Warthhog as I recall is a doubl-stack mag and is hard to handle if you've got small hands.

Glock 23...not familair with that and again unless you get it used I don't think you can buy that new in MA.

He can try to get a dept. letterhead and order through an LEO dealer or straight from the company. I'd say the G23, but I'm partial to Glocks. What is your method of concealment?

XD40? I don't think you can purchase one of those in MA.

You can buy all of the above if you know where to look- it also sounds
like he is LE, and I know at a minimum if one is sworn LE, they can get
any gun on the EOPS roster, so that would cover the G23 at least.
The warthogs are available at pretty much any gun store in MA that
has a reasonable selection of handguns.

If it was me I would choose the G23, just out of familiarity more
than anything else. They just "work" and conceal rather
easily.

-Mike

Reliable, yes. Pretty, maybe in a functional sort of way.

Some day I'll own a pretty, shiney gun [crying]

EDIT: And no, this is not an option:

CHROME1.JPG

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions, I am an LE. so I can purchase new glocks etc.. the warthog and XD I am looking at are both used but in mint condition. the XD feels great, the grip is nice.

if i was to go with the glock I would buy a new one, the prices on used ones in mass are insane.

I currently carry a S&W 915 in a pancake hoster off duty and have no trouble concealing it... I might go with an in the waist band holster for the next one..

And whats so bad about the Warthog ? I own one and have put 1000 rds through it and it has been flawless. It packs 10 rds of .45 and is small and easy to conceal. Only complaint is from people with small hands .There were some problems with first couple released with bad magazine springs but that has been fixed. Also its now available in stainless steel.

And whats so bad about the Warthog ? I own one and have put 1000 rds through it and it has been flawless. It packs 10 rds of .45 and is small and easy to conceal. Only complaint is from people with small hands .There were some problems with first couple released with bad magazine springs but that has been fixed. Also its now available in stainless steel.

You can also dip feces in bronze to save your kids first poop, but that doesn't make it a trophy despite the mounting.

And whats so bad about the Warthog ?

General reputation of them has been that they are unreliable. I have a relatively early Para P14-45. I like 1911s, but my P14 is a POS. The only thing I'm going to keep is the frame and magazines, once I get up enough money to have someone turn it into a race gun.

Click on my name, search a ways back for a post I did on it (I believe it has Para in the post title)

That will be all you EVER need to know about this massive POS "pistol".

unfortunately I must use a .40 cal or less per my dept. rules, I'm gonna hit a few shops tomorrow and see what I like..

Back
Top Bottom