• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suggestions on Places with Decent Shotgun Inventory? (For Trap)

I know it's not to close to where your looking but Griffin and Howe in Greenwich, CT and Safari Outfitters in Pawling, NY. Both have very nice selections.

Al's Gun and Reel in Derry NH seems always to have plenty of diverse supply.

I just bought (on layaway) a Browning 725 Trap from Al's in Derry, he has the best selection of Browning's that I've ever seen.

I am thinking I am going to have to duck out of work and check it out there this afternoon. See what they have for used inventory.

Last edited:
I went, I saw, and they had a used Browning Crossover Target that was too good to pass up. Felt really good.

I knew I wasn't going to find something like that the next place I looked and I figured it was better to spend a little more than kick myself for eternity for passing.

I went, I saw, and they had a used Browning Crossover Target that was too good to pass up. Felt really good.

I knew I wasn't going to find something like that the next place I looked and I figured it was better to spend a little more than kick myself for eternity for passing.

After all I said I can't disagree with this decision. If it doesn't fit have it fitted. Good call. Can't go wrong with a Browning.

Glad to see you found something. When your ready to get something else you will recoup well on the browning. I would have a adjustable comb installed......hind sight you might have picked up shotgun with adjustable comb and recoil pad already installed.

Another vote for Kittery Trading Post in ME. Tons of used inventory. Plus they have an online inventory so you know what they have before you go!

Bring it to the GOAL Cup!

Congrats on your gun purchase! If it's the gun that I think it is my friend was the previous owner for about a month before trading it back in for another gun, I actually shot 1 relay with it and liked it. He was with me when I picked out my 725, I'll be picking that up in about 2 weeks.....

If you want a gun for trap buy a Trap Gun, it will fit you better and be for trap...

Yes you can use anything for trap, but there is a reason the gun company's make trap guns...

Trap is also addicting, I shot it a lot (haven't in the last few years), I was shooting at least 1000 rounds a week...

If you are going to be shooting trap think about buying a reloading machine, it will cost less that way, I have a MEC (Grabber), I like the MEC products, there are others that are very good also...

Enjoy...

Congrats on your gun purchase! If it's the gun that I think it is my friend was the previous owner for about a month before trading it back in for another gun, I actually shot 1 relay with it and liked it. He was with me when I picked out my 725, I'll be picking that up in about 2 weeks.....

Do I want to know why he traded it in?

Sorry, I missed the post were you bought one, Browning makes a real good gun, I see a lot of them on the trap field...

Still buy a press, you will need it [grin]...

Congrats

Congratulations on the purchase of your first! I assume we will be seeing you on Sunday along with your new toy?

It was too good for him ...................... go with that.

Well I know the story Al told me, just don't know if that is full story. Al had said he traded it for an AR15, in which case I would consider it a break up due to irreconcilable differences because an o/u will never be an AR for someone.

Depending on what you are looking for, try calling Bob's in Webster.
He usually has a nice variety including some high end stuff.

No bad reason, he just prefers his BT-99 over that gun so he traded the Citori for an AR-15 that he really wanted. Enjoy your Browning and shoot the Hell out of it!

[party]

That's the plan, happy to provide a new home to a gun that didn't find its place somewhere else. The BT-99 is a nice gun, but I couldn't commit to 1 barrel for my first and (for the next while) only shotgun.

Good job on the purchase, and good luck with it. Only 2 more weeks of 5 Stand at Chester, then its time for Sporting Clays ( finally ).

Back
Top Bottom