• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suggestions for NEW scope for Remington 700 in .223

RugerSlinger

NES Member
Hey guys, I am looking to buy a new scope for my Remington 700 in 223. I am looking to spend no more than $600, I was looking at the Nikon Monarch 8-32x50 BDC. I finally have the gun shooting nice and now it is time to upgrade the glass.

Anyone have any suggestions or do you think the Nikon is the best bang for the buck? I have a Nikon 3-9 on it now and love the clarity and it holds zero perfectly so I was leaning towards staying with Nikon.

Thanks
Andrew

Try looking to see what Natchez has left on Bushnell 3200. Scope line is discontinued and there are some great prices. Only wish I had money to invest.

What's wrong with the current scope? Do you just want more magnification? "love the clarity and it holds zero perfectly" sounds like a keeper to me.

I am really just looking for more magnification. I love the Quality of the Nikon and that is the only reason I was thinking of staying with them. I was also looking at Burris? I also like the BDC reticle on the Nikon too.

I've a Burris 8-32 power on my heavy barreled AR that was on a 700 in 223. Not sure of the objective lens diameter but you can read the fine print at 100yds no problem. I believe I payed in the $500 range for it several years ago.

Try looking to see what Natchez has left on Bushnell 3200. Scope line is discontinued and there are some great prices. Only wish I had money to invest.

It's not really discontinued, they've just rearranged the line into Elite, Elite Tactical, and Elite 6500 (rather than the non-descriptive 3200 and 4200). Frankly, I'd just get the 10x40 Elite Tactical and be happy with that as it is an excellent scope at a great price.

Back
Top Bottom