Suggestions for M1 Garand Reproduction Bayonet

BREWINZ

NES Member
Anyone know of a reproduction M1 bayonet that's decent quality. Most seem to be made in India or China (shocking). Not going to war, but being sharp and fixable to the Garand is necessary. I don't mind doing some Dremel work if I must. Completely open to suggestions.

I'll chime in, too.

What do you mean by "use"? If you're going to be stabbing stuff, then get one that was made for that - an original.

No. I'm not going to be stabbing anything or anyone. LOL

I just mean it won't be a show piece that I feel bad about dropping on the ground, etc. I'll buy one from CMP and see how that goes.

Thanks all.

This is what they have left at the moment. They had a better selection not to long ago. Maybe some more will show up after the recent return of 80k M1s?

Ah, that makes sense. I remember browsing through the bayonet selection a few months ago going, "I ought to buy one of these, because reasons."

I bought a Greek military issue from Dupage Trading. They aren't US issue, but they are vintage Greek production for M1 rifles used by their military and are good quality and very similar to US design (if not identical). I bought 3, picked the best of them, and sold the other 2 on eBay and pretty much broke even. I doubt any repro will be anywhere near the quality of issued bayonets.

I don't think it's correct for these bayonets to have a true knife edge, nor do I think war issued bayonets had a true knife edge on them. Servicemen may have sharpened their issued bayonets on their own (against orders), but this is not standard. Mine are a rough edge with a decent point. Sharpening the edge would require significant grinding to profile the blade. It's a perfectly adequate stabbing weapon, but not useful for cutting.

More info on Greek bayonets: Bayonets of Greece

These are very good deals. USA spec bayonets made for our allies we were equipping with Garands in the 1950's. Much cheaper than buying a US bayonet and still real military quality.

Last edited:
Besides the repro ones feeling very cheap they also have a black finish the looks pretty bad in my opinion. Very nice originals can be had for $80. I wouldn't bothet with a repro.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom