Suggestions for good 9mm brass target (other than Blazer) rounds?

GlockJock

NES Member
Seems everyone (including me, in my P365 and Glocks) likes to plink with Blazer Brass, but.. I'm wondering (and seeking recommendations for) what others use for good target/range/plink ammo in their 9's..?
Some stuff I've used in the past was either filthy (clouds of powder that looked somewhat like the area near the California forests did this past summer)...etc etc..

Suggestions/recommendations for best target 9mm other than Blazer?

Seems everyone (including me, in my P365 and Glocks) likes to plink with Blazer Brass, but.. I'm wondering (and seeking recommendations for) what others use for good target/range/plink ammo in their 9's..?
Some stuff I've used in the past was either filthy (clouds of powder that looked somewhat like the area near the California forests did this past summer)...etc etc..

Suggestions/recommendations for best target 9mm other than Blazer?
Uhm whatever flavor is cheapest on Target Sports? You can't really pick and choose any more. For 9mm, if it goes bang consistently I run it.

I've had good luck with Lawman and Fiocchi. I had FTE issues with Browning Training and Practice, but that might have been the magazine or that my gun prefers a heavier round. I accidentally bought some Blazer Aluminum for my PCC; I'll see if it works out over the next few weeks.

If you shoot a lot, (where lot is a subjective term), you might consider loading your own. That gives you control of both quality and quantity.

That being said, for off the shelf, almost anything's fine if you're not running a "tuned" gun with a light striker. Remington, Fiocchi, even Winchester White Box should all go bang and give you reasonable accuracy.

Blazer is excelent and I like reloading their brass.

Federal is also good and I also like reloading their brass.

Pretty much all 9mm is good. I never had issues with any brands, even Winchester. Although some people hate certain Winchester ammo.

I've had good luck with Lawman and Fiocchi. I had FTE issues with Browning Training and Practice, but that might have been the magazine or that my gun prefers a heavier round. I accidentally bought some Blazer Aluminum for my PCC; I'll see if it works out over the next few weeks.
I shot a bunch of the aluminum stuff, works great.

Blazer is my go to range ammo. Its pretty cheap,clean, accurate and QC is excellent.
In prob 60-70k rounds of 9mm had issues with one case which had 5-6 poorly seated bullets that wouldn't chamber
I used to shoot a lot of Federal AE, but it's pretty dirty/smokey in comparison and more duds.
Have had decent luck with Magtech, Speer and Fiocchi too.

Whatever you use save your brass. Sooner or later you will have a revelation that you need to learn to reload.
[laugh] The brass rats missed out the other day with me, I went through 350 rounds of 9mm and 50 of .45(all the range ammo I had before my TSUSA delivery).

It was a good range day. 😁

I was skeptical about Wolf but have had zero issues (though dirty) and in the good old days it was dirt cheap. Fed AE, WwB, S&B, Fiocchi and Speer (lawman has a bit more pubch)….to me, the couch potato operator, all work well in a variety of guns. Remington not so much.

Anything American made, my striker fired guns (p365, p320, g19, etc) will eat anything, my SA EMP won’t feed the foreign junk (Scorpio, s&b, etc) it jams when feeding, so I avoid that stuff now

I use Winchester White Box, Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle. Never a problem with any of those brands.

Back
Top Bottom