• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SUGGESTIONS FOR GLOCK 17 OPTIC MOUNT

mrmags

Banned
I have a glock 17 that i would like to build into a starter race gun. I am purchasing a longer after market barrel and installing the 3.5lb ghost connector. I want to mount a nice red dot on it. I saw one called mako l, but its polymer. What are your opinions. I would think an all aluminum mount would be better. If you have a few pointers for me or suggestions for a mount and nice optic.... Please let me know
THANKS NES

Do you want a slide ride or a frame mount?

Get the SJC for a frame mount.

The height of a fame mounted optic can be a bit tough to get used to, more so if you switch back and forth between it and an iron sighted gun.

You could have your slide milled by a competent gunsmith to accept a Trijicon RMR, Leupold Deltapoint, C-more STS ect.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/ has Suarez slides that are pre-milled for RMRs. I recently purchased a original G19 from a member here, that was milled for a RMR. Planning to buy a RMR later this month and put it on. Purpose is HD, not competition but similar setup you are looking at. The frame mounts looked too bulky and too high for my taste.

If you are going to shoot USPSA or steel matches with it, go with a frame mount. The dot will track a lot more consistent then a slide mount. I haven't found switching back and forth between a high dot and irons to be an issue. Do some dry firing and you will be all set

Thanks all, im definatly going to go with an aluminum frame mount. Sjc link was major. Thanks moto!! And let the spending begin!!!

Back
Top Bottom