suggestions for a gift

chrbla2000

NES Member
Hi All,

I'm Looking to get a knife for a very good friend for his birthday. I've been on ZT's and Benchmade's sites, any reason to get one over the other? I'm not a knife guy, but my friend is. My budget for this gift is up to $300, looking for a good folder for EDC. Spring assisted is fine, but mainly I want to get him a quality blade that will last him a lifetime, something a knife guy would really appreciate.

Thanks,

-chris

I'm happy with my Kershaw Leek EDC blade. I do a simple 'touch-up' on the end with the steel and it's good to go. I've yet to 'sharpen' it since I got it a few (or more) years back. IIRC, they sell for under $100. Or the one I got did.

Whatever you choose, have it personalized with his name or something of meaning. Take it to the next level for a "very good friend".
I have a Buck folder that has my name on it as a gift for being a groomsman. I love that blade...

I have a small buck my brother face me ~28 years ago.....it's an awesome, classic knife...assuming they still make them....I also like SOG

i say give up the idea. i'm a knife guy and never had anyone give me a knife i thought was worth a damn. how many leeks and scallions i've been given over the years? boat loads. i just re-gift them to someone. been the chris reeves route, got rid of all them, al mar also. i just keep going back to spyderco knives cause i think they are the best knife value for the money. you pay for the blade steel with spyderco, not fancy scales that play dress up. some are butt ugly but ergonomically perfect. you can find a steel for any application in their line up. yeah, buy your buddy a gift card to barnes and noble and call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom