Sudden value increase!

"sudden value increase" I think you mistakenly used a wrong word in here. "value" , I think "gouging" would be more appropriate. LOL

I'm glad I bought 7K rds of 9MM before the price doubled.

Some shops around the 128/95 belt are selling Federal XM193 for $0.71 a round now and have multiple entire cases of the stuff just sitting there; nobody buying.

I come across great deals here in MO all the time. I've bought hundreds of preban mags that I made a good bit on, and the last go-round was A2 upper receivers, bought a pile of them at $40/ea and sold for $100, fair price I think seeing as thats what they almost go for, IF you can find them. Every shop within 100 mi from me has my number with instructions to call me first when a glut of surplus shows up.

Shops close down and storage areas get cleaned out, its not uncommon to come across a locker full of new barrels, BCG's, magazines etc.

I struggled with this when selling my MA legal AR. No one complains if a C&R Winchester M1 Carbine you bought for $nnn sells for $n,nnn today.

Only bought it as an FU to the AG. Sold it for the purchase price+tax+case+ammo.

I sold my entire collection of AK’s which consisted of 9 - 7.62 and 2 - 5.45 rifles with 10.000 rounds of ammo combined from 2013 - 2016. I guesstimate I probably could have doubled my money had I hung on to them until the current race war, maybe more.

Last Friday, I stopped by I gun shop I do business with in Salem, NH. For the hell of it, I wanted to get a wait time for a Sig P365XL. And yes, I pretty much knew the answer ahead of time. The official answer I got was that the shop is not accepting customer orders for specific firearms for the foreseeable future. They simply have no idea when such an order could be filled. They said it's not worth it to create waitlists either.

Their process is that they receive some new inventory every Wednesday morning. They logged into the bound book, list it on their Facebook page, and it's usually gone by later that afternoon or by Thursday morning - at least for "popular" items.

I'm also trying to complete an AR upper build. This is proving to be possible but likely expensive. Since this will be my first AR and the current times seem to dictate having one, I'd be happy to find a decent complete upper to buy. Fortunately though, I'm getting around to building up a true pre-ban (pre-'93) that I've been sitting on forever so at least I can entertain more options without having to worry about AWB features.

I started buying multiples of semi-auto surplus and .mil style firearms back in the early 1980's. Garand/SKS/AK/AR primarily.
I don't need them all, but can't talk myself into selling off the extras. Same goes for shotguns/pistols/revolvers/knives/ammunition.

Can someone please tell me how a person is supposed to "sell off" family???
Oh man, I wish I could sell some family😂😂😂😂👍🏻

That case you paid $180 for in January is now worth $320+
Crazy times all around.

That is, if you can find it at $320.

The other dynamic is: That case you bought for $180 in January will cost you &300-$400 to replace For the foreseeable future - if you can find it. No one is immune from this, even if you’re sitting on a mountain of ammo you’ll need to replace it at some point. You can sit and wait longer than most if you’re not shooting, maybe long enough for the prices to go down, maybe not...

That is, if you can find it at $320.

The other dynamic is: That case you bought for $180 in January will cost you &300-$400 to replace For the foreseeable future - if you can find it. No one is immune from this, even if you’re sitting on a mountain of ammo you’ll need to replace it at some point. You can sit and wait longer than most if you’re not shooting, maybe long enough for the prices to go down, maybe not...

Yeah, almost 2 months ago $320 was expensive. I paid that for a case of 9 a few weeks ago and was paying less than most at that point. Now? It’s just ridiculous.

Yeah, almost 2 months ago $320 was expensive. I paid that for a case of 9 a few weeks ago and was paying less than most at that point. Now? It’s just ridiculous.

The only consolation is that you can turn it around and get your money back and then some. I don’t see that changing soon, too many new gun owners looking for ammo. I’m sure if you posted a case of 9 for $350 you’d unload it quickly. Or selling individual boxes even.

I posted a trade 9mm for 5.56 and while no one seems to have 9 to trade, I’m getting plenty of big offers to buy the 5.56.

This really sucks for the guys who shoot a lot or competitively.

The only consolation is that you can turn it around and get your money back and then some. I don’t see that changing soon, too many new gun owners looking for ammo. I’m sure if you posted a case of 9 for $350 you’d unload it quickly. Or selling individual boxes even.

I posted a trade 9mm for 5.56 and while no one seems to have 9 to trade, I’m getting plenty of big offers to buy the 5.56.

This really sucks for the guys who shoot a lot or competitively.

Its also a New Breed of new gun owners. They have no clue what "normal price" is so they stock up on $25/box 9mm. Many of them are also buying guns/ammo in bulk. Just like they hoarded TP. Except guns/ammo DO actually provide security, not just a clean butt! Perpetuate the high prices, reduce stock, vicious cycle.

Last Friday, I stopped by I gun shop I do business with in Salem, NH. For the hell of it, I wanted to get a wait time for a Sig P365XL. And yes, I pretty much knew the answer ahead of time. The official answer I got was that the shop is not accepting customer orders for specific firearms for the foreseeable future. They simply have no idea when such an order could be filled. They said it's not worth it to create waitlists either.

Their process is that they receive some new inventory every Wednesday morning. They logged into the bound book, list it on their Facebook page, and it's usually gone by later that afternoon or by Thursday morning - at least for "popular" items.

I'm also trying to complete an AR upper build. This is proving to be possible but likely expensive. Since this will be my first AR and the current times seem to dictate having one, I'd be happy to find a decent complete upper to buy. Fortunately though, I'm getting around to building up a true pre-ban (pre-'93) that I've been sitting on forever so at least I can entertain more options without having to worry about AWB features.

I just pm’ed u a link to buy a 365

Lately I've noticed that if your WTS price is ridiculously above market, you'll get roasted in the 'likes'. Esp if what you're selling is a PoS.

Saw a EZ Shield 9MM on Gunbroker last night at $600 with 8 hrs to go. My LGS said he sells them for $425 when he can get them.

I don't see it...

1598878083054.png

Looks more like a headless T-rex...

I sold my entire collection of AK’s which consisted of 9 - 7.62 and 2 - 5.45 rifles with 10.000 rounds of ammo combined from 2013 - 2016. I guesstimate I probably could have doubled my money had I hung on to them until the current race war, maybe more.
Three months before the Healy ban BS I traded one of my AKs and a bunch of ammo for a beautiful first year S&W m27 which was probably worth more than the rifle at the time. Not today, *sigh* :(

Some distributors are jacking up prices on us... I have 2 Ruger 57's I can't even post because I paid more for them than another dealer is selling them for. I don't want to lose/anger customers with the high price so..... looks like I'l be having a cowboy style holster made for the pair that I will never sell. Live and learn I guess. I'd rather eat the loss than piss of half the shooting community.

Some distributors are jacking up prices on us... I have 2 Ruger 57's I can't even post because I paid more for them than another dealer is selling them for. I don't want to lose/anger customers with the high price so..... looks like I'l be having a cowboy style holster made for the pair that I will never sell. Live and learn I guess. I'd rather eat the loss than piss of half the shooting community.
Have some custom work done on the holster, some kind of theme to it. Then build a display case for the guns and holster with some kind of related memorabilia. Now you have a one off collectable package.

How much did you pay?

I'm not @mibro, but I also bought a S&W M&P-15 after Sandy Hook. The legislators had made clear what they were going to do, so I broke a house rule and used my credit card to buy stuff that was about to become illegal to purchase in CT.

I bought the S&W MP-15 on 01/29/2012 for 738.00 USD.

I'm not @mibro, but I also bought invested in a S&W M&P-15 after Sandy Hook. The legislators had made clear what they were going to do, so I broke a house rule and used my credit card to buy stuff that was about to become illegal to purchase in CT.

I bought the S&W MP-15 on 01/29/2012 for 738.00 USD.
FIFY

Back
Top Bottom