• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sudbury Police, UPS sting

"SUDBURY — Police yesterday arrested a Dedham man on charges he tried to buy guns over the Internet with a stolen credit card and have them delivered to a Marlborough Road home.

SNIP

An investigation revealed the Marlborough Road resident's credit card was used fraudulently to purchase two black-powder weapons. One was a rifle with scope and the other was a handgun.

The weapons were purchased online, said Nix.

The order was placed on Cabela's Web site, an outfitter for hunting and fishing gear. Police are trying to determine the legality of shipping black-powder guns and rifles to Massachusetts addresses. Cabela's Web site cautions residents of Massachusetts, as well as Hawaii, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Washington, to check with local laws for restrictions before ordering any black-powder firearms. ...... "

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...edham-man-used-stolen-card-to-buy-guns-online

Well, you can now cross Cabela's off any list of companies that might ship anything to MA.

You can bet they will get a "cease & desist" order from the AG after this story.

Well, you can now cross Cabela's off any list of companies that might ship anything to MA.

You can bet they will get a "cease & desist" order from the AG after this story.

Same thing I was thinking as well. Thanks to this idiot all the legal guys just got nailed.

Makes you wonder...

SUDBURY — Police yesterday arrested a Dedham man on charges he tried to buy guns over the Internet with a stolen credit card and have them delivered to a Marlborough Road home.

Stephen Deberardinis, 32, has been charged with receiving stolen property over $250, improper use of a credit card, identity theft and conspiracy, police said.

Deberardinis, of 56 Solaris Road, was nabbed around 12:30 p.m. in a sting operation set up by Sudbury Police and United Parcel Service Inc., according to police Lt. Scott Nix.

Yesterday, Sudbury Police answered a 911 call from a resident at 104 Marlborough Road that a man was trying to break into his home.

The intruder fled in a red sedan before police arrived.

An investigation revealed the Marlborough Road resident's credit card was used fraudulently to purchase two black-powder weapons. One was a rifle with scope and the other was a handgun.

The weapons were purchased online, said Nix.

The order was placed on Cabela's Web site, an outfitter for hunting and fishing gear. Police are trying to determine the legality of shipping black-powder guns and rifles to Massachusetts addresses. Cabela's Web site cautions residents of Massachusetts, as well as Hawaii, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Washington, to check with local laws for restrictions before ordering any black-powder firearms.

"One of the weapons had been delivered to the house and it appears (the suspect) was attempting to gain possession of the handgun," Nix said. A second package with a rifle was delivered when Deberardinis met the UPS driver at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School.

In cooperation with UPS security, the delivery of the first package containing the handgun was arranged, said Nix. Nix said the first package with the gun had been sent back to UPS. Police believe it was the gun in that package he was trying to steal at the Marlborough Road home.

A meeting under police surveillance was arranged at Our Lady of Fatima Church. Deberardinis arrived in the red sedan and was arrested, police said.

Deberardinis was scheduled to be arraigned yesterday in Framingham District Court. The results of that arraignment weren't immediately available.

It's good to post the whole story along with the link.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/ne...uy-guns-online

Awhile back I wanted to buy a muzzleloader through Cabelas but they said they could not ship to Mass. I told them that you do not need a permit to buy one here. The lady at Cabelas said it was not the gun but they are packed with a starter kit that includes powder and bullets so no way to Mass. It seems to me they have a clue about how Mass works.

Hopefully Cabela's is willing to fight.

hahahahahahaha dreamer. The only reason they will likely fight it is if the AG decides the act of shipping it was illegal and tries to take legal action against Cabela's

Does Cabela's sell handguns that can be shipped directly to people or did this guy forge a C&R FFL?

I had talked to Cabela's a bit ago about their replica Colt 1851's, and they said they had no problem shipping to MA. <sigh> I suppose that's done now.

Police are trying to determine the legality of shipping black-powder guns and rifles to Massachusetts addresses.

Like it's really a hard thing to determine. Yes, it's legal. Geez. I think it's more likely that they're trying to determine if they can make it illegal.

Police are trying to determine the legality of shipping black-powder guns and rifles to Massachusetts addresses.

Like it's really a hard thing to determine. Yes, it's legal. Geez. I think it's more likely that they're trying to determine if they can make it illegal.

Exactly. [angry]

If there is nothing on the books that states you can do something in this socalist paradise, then you very well may find yourself charged with a crime.

That's one of the primary reasons I am getting my family out of here ASAP.

Exactly. [angry]

If there is nothing on the books that states you can do something in this socalist paradise, then you very well may find yourself charged with a crime.

That's one of the primary reasons I am getting my family out of here ASAP.

"If not explicitly permitted, then prohibited" -- the complete opposite of what it should be.

I don't believe that there is anything illegal about this, right now. Check back next legislative session.

The crime here appears to be credit card fraud, not having the gun shipped in to MA. Cabelas might stop shipping firearms, but then again they might not. They'd be more likely to stop taking credit card orders, but I doubt that's going to happen either.

The crime here appears to be credit card fraud, not having the gun shipped in to MA. Cabelas might stop shipping firearms, but then again they might not. They'd be more likely to stop taking credit card orders, but I doubt that's going to happen either.
We all agree on that, and I'm sure we also agree that if this nitwit had bought a jerky machine and a propane-powered campsite blender with his fraudulent credit card instead of a couple of primitive firearms, not a drop of media ink would have been wasted on the story.

We all agree on that, and I'm sure we also agree that if this nitwit had bought a jerky machine and a propane-powered campsite blender with his fraudulent credit card instead of a couple of primitive firearms, not a drop of media ink would have been wasted on the story.

Speak for yourself, not anyone else.

On the Road is probably right on the nose w/ that statement.... cudos man cudos....

Back
Top Bottom