• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Such a thing as ammo group buy?

Searched for this already, couldn't find an answer, but if one exists, sorry for the dupe thread...

Just wondering if there is such a thing as an ammo group buy. Been looking at some sites like bulkammo.com and luckygunner.com and it seems as though the lowest price per round (for .40 S&W) I'm seeing for a 1000 round bulk pack is $.46. Right now I'm paying roughly $.36/round when I buy boxes of 50. Obviously the trick is to find a store willing to sell me 20 boxes at once, but assume I did, it saves me $100. Defeats the supposed value of buying in bulk.

Would it be feasible to approach say, Winchester, and settle on a price/thousand so long as we had a minimum number of people in for that caliber? Forget the logistics of the buy for now, are ammo group buys even possible? If they've been done before was it worth it, both from a cost and effort perspective?

I used to see them before the craziness, sometimes. They weren't all that much cheaper than driving to NH and picking up a case. The thing is, when ammo is in short supply and high demand it is a lot harder to find a deal on it. The ammo companies can do just as well fulfilling the millions of back orders they have with existing customers. Once inventories are built back up and you can purchase more than two boxes at your LGS, maybe you will find a distributor with an extra pallet they want to cut you a break on.

Not if the person running the buy is in NH, and deals out the ammo in NH...

Well, I mean, at that point it might just be more hassle than its worth....

There was a feeler for .22 up a while ago, but there's no .22 ammo anywhere ever so I don't think much came of it. I think (especially in the current climate) you'd have to order a LOT of ammo to get any sort of discount

In January I got in a group buy with Precision Cartridge of Hobart, Indiana. They had a 10,000 price of 9mm 147gr JHP $285.00/1,000 Once Fired Brass and 5.56 55gr FMJ $440/1,000 also Once Fired Brass This was when "local prices" were $385/1000 and $890/1000 ( if you could find it).

Shot clean, and was a good deal in January.

Those sites you are looking at are ripoffs anyway... if you didn't piss off half of the NH members here in the NH OC thread awhile back you might have someone order a slickguns deal for you.

There's currently a deal in stock on BVAC reloads for $.32/rd

Back
Top Bottom