Success!

Well, made it through my first 200 rounds of handloads. Loaded 9mm, started with 5.2gn hs-6 with 124gn lrn projectiles. With 5.2 gn, I was getting some jams and the slide wasn't locking back on my sig 226 after finishing a magazine. I bumped it up to 5.8 gn and problems solved. And Certainly more accurate than me....

That is all; carry on.

Does that happen a lot round these parts? Of course wouldn't be posting if that were the case, but happy to be typing and not using speech software [wink]

Well, made it through my first 200 rounds of handloads. Loaded 9mm, started with 5.2gn hs-6 with 124gn lrn projectiles. With 5.2 gn, I was getting some jams and the slide wasn't locking back on my sig 226 after finishing a magazine. I bumped it up to 5.8 gn and problems solved. And Certainly more accurate than me....

That is all; carry on.

Feels good to roll your own, congrats on doing just that. Makes me want to go and pull the handle for a while myself.

Yeah, for sure. Definitely went slow. Lee classic turret, but no auto index. De primed and primed a large batch with hand primer separately. When loading measured often, visually checked powder level every bullet etc... Took a while, maybe a little better than a bullet per minute, but I didn't blow up [grin]

When ever I am working up a new load, I will load them up then go out back and see how they work. Every time I do this I am greeted at the door when I come back inside. She has me hold up my hands so she can do a finger check!!

Back
Top Bottom