Subway is banning the open carry of firearms in restaurants across the nation

Reptile

NES Member
Subway announced Wednesday it is banning the open carry of firearms in restaurants across the nation.

WRAL reports the ban applies even in states where open carry is legal.

Guns.com notes Subway’s firearm policy now says the restaurant chain requests “guests (other than authorized law enforcement) refrain from openly displaying firearms inside restaurants — even in states where ‘open carry’ is permitted.”

On June 29, 2020, The Hill reported Sens. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) and Chris Murphy (D-CT) were pressuring CEO John Chidsey to ban the open carry of firearms.

Blumenthal and Murphy said, “No person should have to fear gun violence while visiting or working in Subway restaurants.”

They alluded to record firearm sales as they made their case to Chidsey, “The public health challenges that we face, as a nation, due to this global pandemic are great, but neither excuse nor absolve us of our obligation to respond to the related and mounting public safety crisis—posed by the tremendous proliferation of firearms sales—in the making.”

There food sucks so this will be a nonissue for me. I can't even remember the last time I had Subway food all I remember is the last time I did it wasn't worth eatting.

I’ve eaten there 3 times in my life. 2 horrible meat ball subs and one cough, “steak and cheese”.

This is over 30 years.

Worst fast food place ever. After the “cook” metered out the pre portioned steak and cheese I tried to cancel my order. Too late.

Horrible.

I will NEVER GO BACK.

Hope pedoway dies!

There's an Irving in town with a Subway. Very busy during lunch hour. Lots of laborer types.

So yes, plenty of people eat at Subway.

I will in a pinch. But it's never anything more complicated than cold cuts or turkey. I might not, though, given this silly new policy.

Why would you go to subway when you can get a better sub at any mom and pop pizza joint for about the same price?

Definitely better quality at local pizza joints, but no one was beating Subway's race to the bottom with the $5 foot long. They were losing money on each sale with the thought they would make it back and more off of drinks and chips.

What is enforced still probably ends up more related to the state. Employees are locals too.

Anyone here remember the HOWDY's restaurant chain? We had one on Dutton St in Lowell, across from the Giant store, near the new courthouse.
I remember they had the best tasting hamburgers! Unfortunately, they were shut down when it was exposed that the meat was 50% beef, and 50% horse...

1594336715042.png

Last edited:
“...the restaurant chain requests “guests (other than authorized law enforcement) refrain from openly displaying firearms inside restaurants..”

And I can request thinly sliced Filet Mignon on my steak sub.

Back
Top Bottom