• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Subliminal Gun Control Messages?

That (plus the fact that it happens just before a Bob's ad) confirms that the odd frames are part of the local advertising block, and were either left in from the main feed, or were inserted by the local operator (or stuck to the front of the Bob's ad for some reason).

Lately I've seen a lot of instances with brief clips from other ads appearing in between spots -- not subliminal advertising, just lazy cable operators not cueing up their spots right. It's a common issue.

Going with that explanation - could part of a campaign ad that got clipped at just the right time.

Well, I got someone's attention. Someone with about five posts neg-repped me for posting this. Someone who didn't have the testicular fortitude to post on the thread and challenge this publicly.

Update: I contacted the person via PM and they stated that it was a mistake, they meant to positive-rep me. I asked the person to contact Derek to try to reverse that.

I'm glad that I did not "out" them over what seems to have been an honest mistake.

Update: I contacted the person via PM and they stated that it was a mistake, they meant to positive-rep me. I asked the person to contact Derek to try to reverse that.

I'm glad that I did not "out" them over what seems to have been an honest mistake.

I'm sure we've made up for it [wink]

Don't the Dems call it "Gun Violence Prevention" now? Nobody likes "gun control"

Another instance of this happening is talked about on this 1911 forum.
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/subliminal-message.26829/
Interesting... shades of Blue and Blindspot are both on NBC. Perhaps this is in the national feed?

Going with that explanation - could part of a campaign ad that got clipped at just the right time.
If you were really bored, I bet with some effort the advertisement where those frames originated could be identified; almost certainly a recent political ad aimed at primary voters, guessing Hillary's campaign?

Last edited:
Bullshit.

Hit the add to reputation button and the "I APPROVE" radial is already filled in, you need to choose "I DISAPPROVE".

Not bullshit, people **** it up all the time and we get endless PMs about rep that someone made an oops on. I think some of the forum apps for smartphones probably induce this issue as well.

That was my bad, I PMd Derek to straighten it out.

Last edited:
Whut? Really?

I'm not going to fight with a mod about it, but really?

Yes, really. I did it to someone by mistake a few years back. Didn't require any comment (at least not at the time) either. The stupid touch-pad on my laptop was overly sensitive and it ticked the neg box just as I hit send. [thinking]

I suggest editing your original post to include the image of the message so that it's easy for people who are linked to this thread from other sites to understand your experience without having to scour the thread.

Also, please upload it to postimage.org or something and hotlink it from the uploaded image instead of using the forum attachment function because only logged in members of the forum can view it and you want to maximize exposure. If you're not sure how to do this just send me a PM.

please let us know once this is done. I will post on facespace

Pic added to my original post. Let me know if this works for you.

I suggest editing your original post to include the image of the message so that it's easy for people who are linked to this thread from other sites to understand your experience without having to scour the thread.

Also, please upload it to postimage.org or something and hotlink it from the uploaded image instead of using the forum attachment function because only logged in members of the forum can view it and you want to maximize exposure. If you're not sure how to do this just send me a PM.

please let us know once this is done. I will post on facespace

crap, so the Anti's have alien technology now:

seriously though, contact the FCC and give them that evidence. Subliminal advertising is against the law in the USA, last time I looked. jack up those MoFos.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually did that once and sent an immediate apology followed by a positive rep as soon as I could.
Clicky too fast. It happens.
Alcohol may have been involved. [smile]

I was watching the voice and seen a series of these black screen adds. Gun control, controversy, check I think I even seen bill Cosby it was right between the voice and the new show with the kids.
The black screens with light letters appeared before the Carmichael show add.

Last edited:
Update to my update to my update (or something like that.

Derek explained it to us. It was a rep point from a non-NES Member which actually shows up as grey and is 0 (zero) points.

I really apologize for my making something out of something which was actually nothing. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom