stupid question about night sights

so i have a sig p232 with factory night sights installed. i have had it for almost a year now. yesterday i was cleaning it and notice that my rear sight with the two holes have two different color. the left one is green and the right one is more yellow. the front sight is green so when you line it up together, it goes green left, green middle, yellow on right. its freaking weird. i called sig and talk to a guy who seem like i was wasting his time. i said thanks after the conversation was done and he just hung up. lol , anyways . anyone ever see something like this and should i take a black sharpie over the rear sights and just use the front green one? any thought would be greatly appreciated.

don't sharpie over your goddamn night sights! those cost real dollars!

call back, talk to someone who isn't a dick to you.

if i catch you with a sharpie anywhere near your firearm i'm gonna take both away from you and have fun with them myself.

not really compared to the green ones

- - - Updated - - -

if i catch you with a sharpie anywhere near your firearm i'm gonna take both away from you and have fun with them myself.

lol, its just one idea

I think you had the right idea.

Sharpie the rear sights. I've played around with various night sights, front and rear. I found that I shot better in the dark with only a luminous front.

I'd cover the rears even if they were both the same color and brightness. Rear tritiums are just dumb.

Don

Last edited:
tritium doesn't last forever, sounds like your rear sight is dying out. Just buy a new one, unless you can get sig to replace it for free under some kind of warranty.

Starscream - not that it matters. Like I said, I'm all for sharpieing over the rear tritium vials. . . but look on the sights. There you will see a year. The sights are supposed to be good for 10ish years.

whats the year?

Have you taken a steel punch to it to drift the sight? if you did then you probably cracked the tritium vial and have exposed it to air. Could be why its yellow.

There are night sights that do come in amber. Maybe the amber vial slipped into the green batch by mistake.

If you havent hit it with a punch i would call sig back and have them replace it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom