• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stun gun/Tazer question

Essentially buy out of state as you please, and then just bring back into MA. Bingo. Bango. Bongo.

Any are legal for you to own, but for dealers to sell they must be on “the list”. You can order whatever you want online.

If you buy a taser pulse, let me know how you like it.

With the ERPO bill that Baker just signed into law, it appears there is a requirement to have a valid LTC or FID in order to posses a stun gun/TASER device.

Your Chief of Police determines the restrictions on your license. Whatever his or her definition of “is” is for taser carry on a restricted license matters because the legislature didn’t spell it out.

Interestingly enough FIDs don’t have restrictions on them, so Comm2A has an avenue for argument that the legislature didn’t intend for Ltcs to be restricted from taser carry. Perversely potentially allowing FIDs to be better for taser carry in restricted places like Brookline.

How effective are the stun guns with their electrodes only an inch or two apart? They seem like a real last resort tool since you're in arm's reach of each other and it stops working as soon as you quit holding it against him.

How effective are the stun guns with their electrodes only an inch or two apart? They seem like a real last resort tool since you're in arm's reach of each other and it stops working as soon as you quit holding it against him.
I was wondering the same

I was wondering the same

This is from another thread. If you can make skin contact you don't need to hold it against the skin very long. Skip to 0:39.

I watched a whole bunch of taser videos the other night because 1.) I wondered how effective they were and 2.) LOL.

The ones you hold against the person seem to vary a bit in effectiveness based on the person. Also the brand of taser. The ones where you shoot the darts at them seem to be pretty universally effective.

I watched a whole bunch of taser videos the other night because 1.) I wondered how effective they were and 2.) LOL.

The ones you hold against the person seem to vary a bit in effectiveness based on the person. Also the brand of taser. The ones where you shoot the darts at them seem to be pretty universally effective.

Watch enough videos and occasionally you'll see some failures, but usually it seems like in those cases the 2nd dart didn't get planted well, etc.

The drop/stop rate is pretty damned good though.

-Mike

My issue with them is that "distance is your friend", you don't want to be in "bad-breath" contact with a perp. So I don't like the contact weapons for that specific reason.

Seems to me that the ones that shoot the darts give you distance and thus are a better option. Problem is that they are a lot more expensive, and the replacement cartridges add another expense.

I haven’t browsed a lot of nh shops, are there any that have a stock of stun guns/tasers? Perhaps Keene area?
Not sure about the Keene area, I got mine at the surplus store in Conway. Pretty cheap, I thought they would be a lot more cash but $30 can get you a good one. I got this one made by MACE, doubles as a flashlight. Flash Stun Gun with Flashlight
Mace_Brand_80326_Flashlight_Stun_Gun_1_1000x1000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom