• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stuff that makes your 2nd Amendment right worth fighting for!

oldguy68

NES Member

Commonwealth

Second Amendment

December 8, 2018
View this email in your browser
Comm2A Demands State Comply with Court Orders
On Monday November 26th, Comm2A sent a Cease and Desist letter to James Slater, Commissioner of the MA Department of Criminal Justice Information Systems (DCJIS) demanding that his department cease their interference with the restoration of LTCs as order by several Massachusetts courts.

In May of this year DCJIS instructed police chiefs to revoke firearms licenses issued to hundreds of individuals who had previously been cleared to own guns. Each of these individuals have gone through a long and expensive process to have their Second Amendment rights restored following long-ago convictions for minor, non-violent misdemeanors. DCJIS actions were based upon a flawed reading of federal law and were undertaken at the direction of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE).

With the help of attorneys hired by Comm2A, seven district courts (and counting) have issued decisions ordering the restoration of firearms licenses to people that the Commonwealth had previously cleared. Despite these court orders, the Commonwealth has doubled down as evidenced by this November 26th email (Firearms License Review Board) to police chiefs from EOPSS Secretary Dan Bennett.

Boston Globe:
DCJIS and the Baker administration have clearly exceeded their legal authority. In doing so they have chosen set aside the law, legislative intent, and judicial review in favor of subjugating residents of the Commonwealth to the BATFE's will.

Comm2A is committed to continuing this fight until the Baker Administration stops playing politics with individual rights.
People Like You Make this Possible

Comm2A is an all volunteer organization. Our help desk, outreach, and operations are all staffed by a very small group of dedicated volunteers. Lawyers, however, even dedicated ones, have to be paid. We have committed a significant level of resources to holding the Commonwealth accountable for the unlawful actions of DCJIS and we need your help to keep this effort moving forward.

Please help us by supporting this and other worthy projects by becoming a sustaining member or by making a one-time donation.

Comm2A is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit. Donations made to Comm2A are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Additionally, many employers offer matching grants for employees who give to qualified non-profits such as Comm2A.

Tweet
Forward
Like Comm2A on Facebook
Follow Comm2A on Twitter
Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2A) is a Massachusetts based non-profit dedicated to preserving and expanding the rights of gun owners in the northeast. We are dedicated to promoting a better understanding of rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. In addition to organizing and funding a number of exciting projects, our activities include educational programs designed to promote a better understanding of Massachusetts and Federal firearms laws and rights as well as programs to defend and protect the civil rights of Massachusetts gun owners.
Copyright © 2018 Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc., All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.

Our mailing address is:
Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc.
PO Box 301398
Boston, MA 02130
Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

open.php

You know in my years of being a supporter of the right of defending ones self.
I have always thought of it as the original designers of our land had.
That it is the individual right of everyone to defend ones life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

There are those in politics that wish all of us peasants to be subjects to their every will.
To manipulate through the use of media and through unjust laws and illegal court rulings.

God bless all our good citizens. Those that walk the straight line between wrong and right.
Knowing that all of mankind are fallible.

Support those that do our dirt work everyday and Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.
In the state where freedom was born, here in these United States!:emoji_flag_um:

The 2nd Amendment was written for when your rights are second to those of the lawless!

Last edited:
Being the peasant that I am, I periodically contribute as much as I can afford to these folks. Goal is next and the NRA is at the bottom of the list. GOA will also get a gift periodicaly....and NSSF,

Comm2A & SAF have done the most to hold the line and in some cases turn the tide. GOA seems to be a lot of noise and stepping on their own dick. NRA seems to be the GOPe where they sort of are on your side but only fight for stuff they care about and sell you out on the other half.

I appreciate what the NRA does and stands for.
But as you have said it's message is full of political persuasion.
The NRA needs to feel and be the voice of what is right about our 2nd amendment rights!
Never backing down from laws that infringe on that basic and most protective of our civil rights!
Telling it as it is and not apologizing for it!
Stop blaming an object for the evils of man.
Have we banned planes after 9/11 or vans and fertilizer after the Oklahoma bombing?
NO, we have not!
We must empower the good to stop evil men.
Just as we had in WWII in stopping Hitler and Japan!

I was at a GOAL meeting a year or so ago.
When it was asked what will it take to make our membership grow.
It was said.. Get more new shooters.
I was absolutely floored..
New shooters, when those that exercise the right for all of their lives will do nothing to pass the right to future generations?
Are you f-n sh_ting me.
I was so bothered by it.
I asked if we can't convince current firearm owners to protect their rights.
How can you expect the new to carry the torch?
It was said that is where our future is..

The NRA ain't perfect, but they've done a ton to keep our rights. My only worry is that people are getting tired of their pleas and will have donor fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom