Student, 13, fires AK-47 in Missouri school

someone with a predisposition for violence will commit said act reagardless if firearms are available or not.
Well, I can't argue with you here.
SnakeEye said:
im in no way pushing this as a gun control issue as you imply, its a gun owners responsibility issue. and keeping those firearms in your hands and out of the hands of unauthorized users.
Oh, really? Then why do you say this?
SnakeEye said:
Locks discriminate against everyone equally,from the most morally grounded to the darkest of psychpaths and is the only way to keep your otherwise safe and inanimate objects from becoming a mentally diseased persons instrument of death.
By that argument, even our silverware should be locked up.

Well, I can't argue with you here.

Oh, really? Then why do you say this?
----
Originally Posted by SnakeEye
Locks discriminate against everyone equally,from the most morally grounded to the darkest of psychpaths and is the only way to keep your otherwise safe and inanimate objects from becoming a mentally diseased persons instrument of death.
-----
By that argument, even our silverware should be locked up.

no, becuase I can make the distinction between between locking up my firearms because its the responsible thing to do and being legislatively forced into doing it under penalty of law..
i dont support the latter, meaning that even if there were no laws "requiring" me to lock them up i still would do so anyways..
as i said the shores of morality have eroded whether you want to accept it or not.

dwarven1: by that argument even our silverware should be locked up

do you sleep at night or go for long weekends leaving your doors and windows unlocked?
I somehow doubt it.
you dont "have" to secure your home and its contents, but you do it anyways because you know its the best available option for securing your family and your belongings..
same difference.

Last edited:
do you sleep at night or go for long weekends leaving your doors and windows unlocked?
I somehow doubt it.
No comment.

Let's just say that I do not believe that my guns need to be locked up so that they do not cast an evil "One Ring"-like spell on anyone who may see them. Do I keep them locked? Yes... because it's the law.

Would I keep them all locked if it wasn't the law? Hell, no. There'd be one in my living room, there'd be one by my bench in the basement, there'd be one in my bedside table, there'd be one in my computer desk.

When I have guests, they'd be locked up... and one would stay in my pocket or on my belt anyway.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom