Stuck on the Pike

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
1.5 hours to get from Worcester area to Waltham this morning. Not too bad. But I left at friggin 6am!

Some guy tried to run me off the road on rte 9 in Westboro (I was in the left lane and he tried to get between me and the Jersey barrier!!).

Then there was an accident on the pike westbound and everyone going eastbound thought that they needed to see EXACTLY what was going on, and coming to a complete stop in the process. That backup from the Weston Tolls to the rte. 30 exit probably cost me 20-30 extra.

And WHY, oh WHY do people always feel the need to slam the brakes on when on a downhill!! That NEVER ends well people!

Can't wait for the ride home!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[angry]
Left the Greendale mall at noon. Got to Franklin 2 hours later. It usually takes about 45 minutes. Route 290 was backed up to a conga line for about 6 miles before 495. 495 south was stop and go, mostly stop, until route 9, then it opened up until route 85 near route 109 where it went back to stop and go until route 140. I'm too old for this crap.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
took 2 hours to go from Milford to Framingham. The roads were slick but 495 was a standstill. I should have taken back roads
The Pike from Weston to the Allston/Brighton tolls wasn't bad this AM -- nothing worse than the usual crawl. But it was the backroads (Route 30, in particular) which were completely horrid and doubled my commute.

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So, last Thursday, clear and sunny, roads down to pavement, no school.

Today, what, 4 or 5" or so here, roads STILL not clear, school.

I don't get it.

Yeah, sorry about that. The accelerator cable broke and I had to idle my way in to work...
I would have made a stink behind you, but did not want to mess with a possible NES member! lol And by the way, what time are you going home?

TWtommers

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
4 plus hours from Oxford to Westboro. Left home just before 8 or so after shoveling my way out. Took me over 90 minutes to get from the 495 exit off the pike to 495. Got to work at noon.
Would have worked from home except that I left the laptop at work last night.

Sully

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Morning commute was slow but only took an extra 10 minutes. Left work early and took about twice as long as normal. Not bad all things considered.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Three and a half friggin hours so far to go seven miles. [crying]
Tell me bout it!

I was out in this crap all day pulling morons out of snowbanks.

You can thank some douchebag DWO in an Altima for the huge traffic backup Westbound into exit 13 this morning. He ran out of gas on the offramp and made a bad situation MUCH worse for everyone else. The trooper wrote him a ticket for running out of gas and I whacked him another $90 to tow him off the ramp to the gas station on RT. #30.
He filled his tank with a credit card at the pump, but tried to pay me with a check. Sorry, cash or credit cards only! He had a wallet full of credit cards and had trouble deciding which one had any money left on it to pay me with. I friggin' hate people like that!

[banghead]

Viper22

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My ride to work wasn't bad. People drove cautiously.....until I got to the Cumby's parking lot to get my morning coffee.

Just as I'm pulling in (front half of the car in the cumbys driveway, back half still in the road) some dumbarse comes flyin across the parking lot, diagonally across the driveway (across the entering lane, to get to the exit lane) at twice the speed that the traffic in the road is traveling.......then sees me as she's about to hit me and locks up the brakes and goes sliding into the movie rental box near the building.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ride to work wasn't bad. People drove cautiously.....until I got to the Cumby's parking lot to get my morning coffee.

Just as I'm pulling in (front half of the car in the cumbys driveway, back half still in the road) some dumbarse comes flyin across the parking lot, diagonally across the driveway (across the entering lane, to get to the exit lane) at twice the speed that the traffic in the road is traveling.......then sees me as she's about to hit me and locks up the brakes and goes sliding into the movie rental box near the building.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
free movies! what did you pick out of the slush and was it any good?

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Made it to 495 toll about an hour after I posted this thread which I typed under the overpass. Immediately jumped on 495 south and called my customer to re-schedule. Smooth sailing all the way home after getting into the rain in Bellingham. Just got done plowing and I have to say that there are way too effing many people in the state. All dems should leave immediately if not sooner. Those who remain will fix the mess you created.

I was having nightmares of the December storm a couple of winters ago. Less stress though, my wife was home and I didn't have to worry about her safety.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My ride home was reasonable enough, considering. I did pass a couple of cars that spun out and ditched themselves off of the highway, and a couple other morons who decided to just stop in the breakdown lane (dumb!)

And, I saw one funny accident happen right in front of me when I was almost home... cars were stopping at a T intersection and making right turns... 2 cars in front of me, the sedan started to make the right turn but floored it for some reason, turned way too far to the right and slammed hard into the 6 foot high snow bank at a 45 degree angle. Then she put it in reverse, pulled out of the snow bank, and continued on with her likely damaged car as if it was perfectly normal. I couldn't stop laughing.

Top Bottom