• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stuck a nice buck today

rocket500

NES Member
Heard him coming in, he saw me in my tree stand and a 20 minute stare down ensued. I swear he could see into my soul 😆. I didn’t move and eventually he decided to slowly turn around to walk away @ 30 yards. Perfect quartering away shot. Kicked, walked off maybe 20 paces and a big crash. I waited about half an hour before creeping in. Arrow passed through clean and was stuck in the ground, covered in bright red blood. A short distance away he was lying dead in the brush. Tough drag out! 945FCF15-1CF3-44BF-861B-3A68D2AF2110.jpeg

I was never into bow. Took it up last year and now I like it better than gun hunting. The way the seasons line up in MA bow season covers the meat of the rut, I see so many more deer and they are way less pressured and on edge than during gun season.

I was never into bow. Took it up last year and now I like it better than gun hunting. The way the seasons line up in MA bow season covers the meat of the rut, I see so many more deer and they are way less pressured and on edge than during gun season.

This is exactly why I'm considering entering bow world some day. For now, with a 3 and 1 year old at home I don't really have all the free time in the world. I do take the first week of shotgun deer season off every year though.

This is exactly why I'm considering entering bow world some day. For now, with a 3 and 1 year old at home I don't really have all the free time in the world. I do take the first week of shotgun deer season off every year though.
I changed my whole hunting routine up this year and decided to hunt nh. I live on the border so travel is no big deal. Muzzle loader season is at the start of the rut and it paid off for me this year. Its an amazing feeling to have venison in the freezer in early November and still have tags to hunt mass if I want to. Plus in nh the small game season is earlier......had a great time hunting rabbit in October got a few.

Back
Top Bottom