Striper Record caught in Alabama

Holy SHIT. Some farmer is missing his cow.

Let me get this straight: The man's wife urged him to go fishing that day, because the following day she was scheduled to have some procedure done at the hospital. She wanted him to enjoy his day, as he would be required to be at home with her for at least several days after her procedure. You sir, owe your wife an excellent gourmet candle-lit Striper dinner!

someone in plumb island probably has one that big swimming in their front room right now.

looks shopped

I thought the term "landlocked" referred to fish found in lakes and ponds. All rivers eventually flow into the sea, or into other rivers that do. I suppose a dam located downstream would "technically" make it landlocked, but...

Last edited:
while kayaking , i hooked a striper about that long but maybe half as fat, off the coast of maine, and it certainly was towing the boat. when i first hooked it, i was just mindlessly trolling and paddling along the shore, and thought the line had snagged on a lobster buoy because the kayak had slammed to a halt. I wound up getting the big fish reeled up to the surface, but it whipped its head around and straightened out the hooks and was gone. I was cursing myself for not playing it untill it was tired enough to bring in, but i never imagined it would turn out to be that big.

Back
Top Bottom