String of break-ins in Newton, MA has residents on edge

You'd be surprised at the number of fudd anti-gun liberals at your own gun range.
Oh don't I know it. One time some years ago at the range I had a zipper back Sig mag. Some guy apparently was counting my shots and didn't understand why I had more booletz after the 11th pop. Asked me about it and I just shrugged and said "Hi-Caps" are legal if you're special. Karens gonna Karen.

You'd be surprised at the number of liberals secretly packing. I know several from Sharon and Brookline as well as other heavily liberal areas who are LTC holders and have BLM and Biden/Harris front yard signs. Feinstein, Schumer, Blumenthal all have gunzzz lol.

They are protecting themselves from "us", don't be fooled into thinking just because someone owns a gun they are on "our" side.

The mayor sent an email out, basically saying “don’t worry, the last few out of the dozens this year were all when people weren’t home. Also, the burglar is a racist who only breaks into Asian homes”

Tuesday, July 13, 2021​
S.gif

Mayor's Update​

The Newton Police Department issued the following Community Advisory this evening regarding a series of five house break ins over the past several weeks that have an important similarity: all the victims are of Asian descent.

ccad0013-bdeb-44b4-9164-5bb50d31f7ca.jpg

Community Advisory
The Newton Police Department is advising our residents that beginning last month, through this past Sunday, there were in total 5 residential housebreaks in the city. During the investigation into those housebreaks, important commonalities became apparent to our detectives…all break ins occurred during the daytime, on a weekend, with no one home, and with all victims being of Asian descent.

The dates and locations of those 5 housebreaks are as follows:

• 6/13/21 – 900 block of Walnut Street
  • 6/19/21 – 600 block of Dedham Street
  • 6/20/21 – Helene Road
  • 6/27/21 – 700 block of Quinobequin Road
  • 7/10/21 – Country Club Road
All breaks into the above homes involved forced entry, with jewelry, cash, and handbags, being the primary target of the suspect(s).

Starting with the break in on June 13, the Newton police have been actively and thoroughly investing these breaks, including canvassing each neighborhood by knocking on doors and speaking with residents, adding directed patrols (approximately 80 to date), and working with law enforcement partners throughout the area, all in an effort to apprehend the suspect(s).The detectives are actively seeking to learn if Asians are being specifically targeted but do not have any definitive information yet. The Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan’s Office has been notified.

The Newton Police Department reminds everyone when leaving home to make sure to lock all doors and windows. If you plan on leaving home for vacation or an extended period of time, go to the NPD website to report a closed house in excess of 5 days newtonpolice.com/N_closed_home_2.asp. Tell a trusted neighbor or family member to check your home periodically. Do not indicate on social media that you will be away from home. Make sure shrubbery does not hide any windows. Use a timer to turn off/on inside lights and have motion detector lights outside the home. Stop all mail and newspaper deliveries. Please be aware of unusual behaviors of people in your neighborhood and call the NPD at 617-796-2100; see something, say something. Feel free to contact our department’s Community Services Bureau for additional assistance at 617-796-2103.

Earlier this year, the city experienced two sets of a series of breaks, the first being on March 15 and the second being on April 9th. Those breaks did not indicate that anyone was specifically targeted and investigations led to the arrest of 3 men. In total, Newton has had 45 house breaks so far in 2021.

At the time of the breaks on Dedham Street and Helene Road, images from video surveillance shows the same person pictured below at each location.

If anyone has information on this person, you are urged to call the Newton Police Department Detective Bureau at 617-796-2104 or use our anonymous Tips-line at 617-796-2121.​

dcc2a5df-3b7f-4688-a605-fe3e57dcc900.jpg
d3fd2d2e-d142-4a81-b5c7-acd19969225b.jpg

Newton Chief of Police John Carmichael and I are holding a community update on these very unsettling house break ins on Thursday, July 15 at 8 p.m. We invite you to attend on Zoom and learn more, ask questions, and voice concerns.

Newton Community Update
Thursday, July 15 at 8 p.m.​

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88401375624?pwd=VFFJOHN1NFI1ZG9hQlM3NUhsdGExUT09

Webinar ID: 884 0137 5624
Passcode: 410462
Dial In: (646) 558-8656
Read this in Chinese here.

阅读中文点击这里

Warmly,

Ruthanne​

Try that down here (b&e while homeowner sleeps) and it'd be "call 911 and tell 'em to send the coroner".

Armed response at my house is me and the AR by the bed or the 1911 in a shoulder rig that I normally wear at home after putting the edc on the coffee table.

Just when you thought it couldn’t get more insane, before the chief attended the mayor’s zoom party, he sat in on the city council public safety meeting to explain state and city firearm licensing laws. You’d think maybe they would have learned all this before voting to ban gun stores. After the chief was done, they filed a new gun ban ordinance that will prohibit Ltc holders from legally carrying in any public building, park, or gathering. As if the bad guys will respect the new gun free zones. Video is here. Fast forward to around 48 minutes for discussion of the new ordinance. Counselor Norton pretty much admits it’s all virtue signaling to let the gun grabbers know “we’ve heard them”. She starts her rant at around 50 minutes.

View: https://vimeo.com/575558424

Just when you thought it couldn’t get more insane, before the chief attended the mayor’s zoom party, he sat in on the city council public safety meeting to explain state and city firearm licensing laws. You’d think maybe they would have learned all this before voting to ban gun stores. After the chief was done, they filed a new gun ban ordinance that will prohibit Ltc holders from legally carrying in any public building, park, or gathering. As if the bad guys will respect the new gun free zones. Video is here. Fast forward to around 48 minutes for discussion of the new ordinance. Counselor Norton pretty much admits it’s all virtue signaling to let the gun grabbers know “we’ve heard them”. She starts her rant at around 50 minutes.

Newton Massachusetts. Scary women... scary place. Glad that I have zero need to ever visit or drive through that absurd ultra-lefty town. [slap]

... they filed a new gun ban ordinance that will prohibit Ltc holders from legally carrying in any public building, park, or gathering.
Nature's Way of telling you to let the kindergartners repel the shooter with their own handguns.
Part Gray Man, part passive aggression.
"I don't know why you say that seeding a population with LTCs
protects everyone, because gun owners come to the rescue
of gun-grabbers - it never seems to happen in Newton".

How is Newton with their LTC process for renewals?
Mine was fast when I forgot to renew a while ago they didn't mind. Then I lost my wallet and I got my replacement, then got another replacement with no restrictions in two or so weeks. All nice and easy over one phone call and two or so emails. My feeling is they don't really care that much anymore. They seemed to bust my balls a bit more 8+ years ago, or maybe when you first apply.

How is Newton with their LTC process for renewals?
Newton has a new police chief so things are a little easier now. Last year when I got my LTC it took almost a year and was target/hunting restricted by policy. I was told I'd need to write a letter to the chief requesting unrestricted after one full year. After 11 months I called to get the ball rolling and they said they have a new chief and my unrestricted card is already being printed, pick up in two weeks. Who-da-thunk.

"guidance not only from our police department, but the experts from Everytown for Gun Safety..." :rolleyes:

Depends. I hear if you mail a check it can take longer than 3 days. Unacceptable.
Many years ago I mailed a check and it took 2 weeks. Derek travels for work and can only get to the USPO during their open hours if he's home. Thus, I jumped on the life membership when it was offered and need not worry about it. I hate Paypal, but if you pay that way, it processes very quickly.

They have BIGGER problems. WTF

NEWS10

Newton Parents Concerned After Suspicious Man Approached Daughter
Published Sep 27, 2021 at 11:52 PM

Concerned parents in Newton, Massachusetts, are speaking out after a suspicious man approached a child Monday morning.

A man in a red pickup truck approached a 13-year-old middle school student around 7 a.m. Monday while she walked to her bus stop near Lexington Street and River Street.

Police say the man first asked the child if she wanted a ride. After she refused, he allegedly told the girl to get inside the truck.

“She said ‘No thank you,’ and continued to walk. She then saw him at the end of the street, where he proceeded to get out of his vehicle,” said the girl’s mom.

Police say the girl ran away and snapped a photo of the stranger. She then called her parents, who called police.

“No normal person walks up to a little kid on their way to school and tells them to get in their car,” the girl’s father said. “Especially in this day and age, no one does that.”

Monday afternoon, police officers went door to door to talk to residents in the area.

By evening, police said they had identified the man, but that no charges had been filed against him.

“The investigation still remains open,” said Lt. Bruce Apotheker of the Newton Police Department. “But I just want to give a shout-out to that 13-year-old. She did everything right, and she was able to get a picture, and that picture helped us identify who that person is.”

The girl’s family said Monday that she won’t be walking to the bus stop anytime soon.

“It’s frightening,” her mom said. “These are those types of things you feel it’s worst your nightmare and you try to protect your children from.”

The girl’s school sent home a letter to parents informing them about what happened.

Police say incidents like this are reported many times each year in Newton.

Send the kids out to the bus stop in groups of 4 in a 2x2 cover formation. If you need overwatch remember to bring a ceramic gun that costs more than you make in a month.

It’s spreading to Wellesley

Police said four homes were entered via unlocked doors with the exception of one case, in which forced entry was made into a vacant house that was slated for demolition.
I never understood why people don't understand basic security: locking the doors. Is it too much work for you?

Back
Top Bottom