String of break-ins in Newton, MA has residents on edge

Break ins will be spiking this year - the 'Didn-do-nuffis' and the rest of the usual suspects were handed out huge amounts of cash last year and had free rent - that is coming to an end (hopefully). Two years ago Ashburnham had a problem with house break ins, catalytic converters stolen off vehicles at Mt Watatic (we are easy access to Fitchburg fyi).

I've got to move my camera from the apple trees up front to get clear pics of every car, plates and hopefully passengers.

Break ins will be spiking this year - the 'Didn-do-nuffis' and the rest of the usual suspects were handed out huge amounts of cash last year and had free rent - that is coming to an end (hopefully).

+ the revolving door justice system
+ the general over-empowerment of minority groups, the vilification of the wealthy and/or white, and the fact that the left throws them cover at every opportunity
+ the latest progressive arguments that theft is justified from a reparations/wealth redistribution perspective
+ the latest progressive arguments that defending yourself and your stuff is racist

Hell, I didn't know race was that important. There's a guy that I see occasionally walking his dog in my neighborhood who looks kinda brownish. Next time I see him I'll ask what race he is and report here.

You were the sarcastic one stating that Newton was clearly NOT "all white" because you live there and know. I presented data to show that Newton is CLEARLY whiter than MA at large. Not sure what you are driving at. You made a sarcastic point. I countered it. You added sarcasm and no substance. I'm sorry your anecdotal "survey" isn't accurate. (THAT was sarcasm, BTW. LOL)

78% white, 3% black, 14% asian (which counts as white for everything but shot-up massage parlors in Atlanta), 5% overall hispanic (shouldn't it be hispanix now, to coincide with la-tinx???) because of hispanic overlap in other races (white, black, etc.,)

For comparison, blacks compile 7% of all of mASS. Hispanic overall is almost another 12%. Asian 7. Tell me how not-white Newton is again?

I think at NES, we know that Boston has a big influx of tech/medical folks from the Asian countries so that's no surprise.
That's actually lower than I'd have thought

View attachment 463120

It's about time these virtue signalers get a taste of real life outside their liberal utopia bubble! Maybe now they'll consider defending their home with a....GUN!!

About 1 in 6 Newton voters supported Trump. There's a reasonable chance that one of the burglary victims were among them. I don't know why you think it would be "good" that people who support your viewpoint would be victimized.

You were the sarcastic one stating that Newton was clearly NOT "all white" because you live there and know. I presented data to show that Newton is CLEARLY whiter than MA at large. Not sure what you are driving at. You made a sarcastic point. I countered it. You added sarcasm and no substance. I'm sorry your anecdotal "survey" isn't accurate. (THAT was sarcasm, BTW. LOL)
In fairness, Newton is composed of 13 "villages". I don't have a demographic breakdown, but strongly suspect that certain villages have a much higher percentage of the minorities in Newton than the others. So it's entirely possible that the village he lives in is much less white than average in MA. I certainly know people who moved to Newton because it is more "diverse" than where they previously lived.

Ahhh damn it
Hey, I was gambling GI Joe wasn't an NBC property...

my wife is ... had a car with push button start ... and left it idling for 7 hours, not once she done this but twice.
When you move to a house with a two-car garage
(so she can park indoors),
I call dibs on all your guns and ammo.
[shocked] [angry]

Diversity, about time they got some. I'm sure the good liberals pay lip service to more diversity but block all attempts at affordable housing because their property values will plummet. Limousine Liberals at their finest.

In fairness, Newton is composed of 13 "villages". I don't have a demographic breakdown, but strongly suspect that certain villages have a much higher percentage of the minorities in Newton than the others. So it's entirely possible that the village he lives in is much less white than average in MA. I certainly know people who moved to Newton because it is more "diverse" than where they previously lived.
I grew up in Rockland and if those numbers are right Newton was more diverse then where I grew up.

Diversity, about time they got some. I'm sure the good liberals pay lip service to more diversity but block all attempts at affordable housing because their property values will plummet. Limousine Liberals at their finest.

As someone who knows a thing or two about Newton politics, I can assure you that you're overestimating the liberals' intelligence. Currently, a certain faction of Newton government is trying to kill single family zoning. They have a lot of supporters, mostly very rich, because some professor wrote a book how the very idea of a single family zoning is racist. These people really don't understand that their mansions may end up next door to a huge apartment building. It reminds me of an article I read years ago about Obamacare supporters that were shocked that their premiums and deductibles skyrocketed as a result of Obamacare. The funniest thing was that they did expect someone's premiums to go up but not theirs because they "supported the right thing".

Honestly, I don't know and don't care about the percentage of minorities in my village. "Diversity" wasn't a criterion for me when I was buying my house

The funniest thing was that they did expect someone's premiums to go up but not theirs because they "supported the right thing".
This is going on with the proposed "millionaire tax" proposed as an amendment to the MA constitution. Everyone knows that the fairest tax is the one someone else pays. People have not figured out that a decent middleclass income is "rich" to members of the FSA who will gladly vote to lower that limit as long as the cutoff is above what they make.

Let’s hope for no violence or injury but nothing will change...they’ll continue the progressive mantra of let’s defund the police but expect a sub-three minute response time if they call 911...

Hell, I didn't know race was that important. There's a guy that I see occasionally walking his dog in my neighborhood who looks kinda brownish. Next time I see him I'll ask what race he is and report here.
You may want to advise him about the rise of white domestic extremism, there’s a white robed klansman behind every tree donchyaknow...

and how is that in the middle of this thread there are people talking about Russian food? ;)

You may want to advise him about the rise of white domestic extremism, there’s a white robed klansman behind every tree donchyaknow...

and how is that in the middle of this thread there are people talking about Russian food? ;)
We can mix it up, if you’d like.

The Little Big Diner ramen joint in Newton is fantastic.

There is a vocal contingent who object to any affordable housing because "it will make traffic worse". It just is coincidental that any construction of houses that cost under $1 million make 'traffic' worse.

Last edited:
That's not surprising. Generally, the further from a big city the less diverse the neighborhood is.
Well Rockland was charmingly ghetto in my youth and I went to school with a lot of Spanish, Asian, black, Caribbean, Greek kids. So my perception may have been skewed because of my high school

As someone who knows a thing or two about Newton politics, I can assure you that you're overestimating the liberals' intelligence. Currently, a certain faction of Newton government is trying to kill single family zoning. They have a lot of supporters, mostly very rich, because some professor wrote a book how the very idea of a single family zoning is racist. These people really don't understand that their mansions may end up next door to a huge apartment building. It reminds me of an article I read years ago about Obamacare supporters that were shocked that their premiums and deductibles skyrocketed as a result of Obamacare. The funniest thing was that they did expect someone's premiums to go up but not theirs because they "supported the right thing".
That’s insane! Is there a link anywhere online to the legislation or meeting minutes??

The interesting thing here is one of my friends was one of the individuals that had an attempted break in. He is fairly liberal, but the pandemic has made him question some of his decisions/thoughts. He said it was two guys fairly short trying to bump key their way in later into the evening. He was up and ran up to his door with his "Rambo" knife he had purchased for home protection and proceeded to scream at them. This seemed to scare them off, but he is now talking about protecting his family and home instead of waiting on others to do it for him.

Back
Top Bottom