• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Striker Fired 1911?

From what I read they are merely claiming to emulate a 1911 style trigger which I don't think is a bad thing. It is also not nearly a unique claim as many aftermarket triggers attempt to make that comparison.
Not many non 1911 straight pull triggers being made these days though.

Watched some shot show coverage, and there is a interesting magazine choice by them.

They said they use the old s&w 5906 magazines. While i had hope that they would use something common like a sig mag, or beretta, or something , they now have a rare and more obscure mag

This does allow still with a few additional cuts to have 15 round mags for the gun instead of 10 rds. If they make 10 rounders one day.

For now though i will pass on this pistol for now.

So you lose the best feature of the gun.

Now you get inferior ergonomics and the same mediocre trigger as the plastic guns.

Junk. Do not want.

Given that the thumb safety can be removed, would this be required to have a 10# trigger in MA?
Or is the fact that is comes standard with the thumb safety in place make it exempt from the either or crap?
I'm just curious. Not an issue down here.
Various reviews from SHOT are giving the trigger high marks.

So you lose the best feature of the gun.

Now you get inferior ergonomics and the same mediocre trigger as the plastic guns.

Junk. Do not want.

How do you conclude that the ergonomics are inferior without ever even so much as touching it??

It's got the only non hinged trigger that I know of on a striker fired handgun.

I forget is it forgotten weapons or down range . But they interviewed the husband and wife team behind the gun . It's loosely based on a very old striker fired gun . So there is at least one other one .

It's a pretty good interview . I think it's 2 or 3 parts . They go over a lot of detail how they got to the gun they are gonna produce . They took ideas from a lot of different guns .

A note I saw from FB, from someone that actually got to fire one of these things at SHOT said that it had more felt recoil than he envisioned it would have.

This smells like the type of gun that a collector will want to have, but I don't think it ultimately will go anywhere.

-Mike

A note I saw from FB, from someone that actually got to fire one of these things at SHOT said that it had more felt recoil than he envisioned it would have.

This smells like the type of gun that a collector will want to have, but I don't think it ultimately will go anywhere.

-Mike

And it's only in 9mm? Jeez.

Isn't a 1911 a description of a type of gun with a certain set of features, including spring and hammer, etc.?

That said, are there any striker fired rifles?

Just get one of these, if that is what you want:
3800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom