Striker Fire or Hammer Fired for EDC?

I really don't care either way I'm comfortable with pretty much any style of handgun as long as it's reliable. I think the only thing I wouldn't carry is a Chiappa rhino because I'd never get used to the barrel being on the bottom of the cylinder.

You must have some giant hands. I bet that P10F works well for you though. I like my P10C and S, but the S is a c-hair too small and they f***ed up the grip design.... pinky finger gets a blood blister unless i move it under the mag.

Lol in MA i carry whatever i want, and I would carry a rock before i picked that. I can hear it jamming over the internet, even.
I have massive palms which sucks lol the p10 almost fills my grip

I really don't care either way I'm comfortable with pretty much any style of handgun as long as it's reliable. I think the only thing I wouldn't carry is a Chiappa rhino because I'd never get used to the barrel being on the bottom of the cylinder.
I almost bought a Rhino because I'd love to try one. Still might.

I almost bought a Rhino because I'd love to try one. Still might.
I've shot them, they are well made and shoot pretty good, it's fine past 10 yds but up close the shot always hits like a half inch below where I want it to lol not that it would ever matter but it just looks weird to me and I'd never get used to it.

I've yet to find any striker fire pistol with a trigger (out of the box) that wasn't complete crap. I've carried my Desert Eagle 1911C without issue both IWB and OWB. I've also carried my FrankenPara OWB.

Until I find a striker fire pistol that has a good trigger (right from the box) I can't see getting one. There might be something out there, or maybe eventually, but it's sure not mainstream.

I also hate DAO pistols with a passion. Pretty much the same with any pistol that has a polymer lower (above 22LR). I had one for a while. Didn't like it. Sold it.
You must have higher standards than me or different definition of a "good" trigger. Just out of what's gone through my safe , I would consider my Sig P320, P 365, Walther PPQ, HK VP9, Steyr and even lowly Canik TP9SF to all have good to excellent triggers. All were good out of the box. But I've been accused of being easy.

I really don't care either way I'm comfortable with pretty much any style of hanIdgun as long as it's reliable. I think the only thing I wouldn't carry is a Chiappa rhino because I'd never get used to the barrel being on the bottom of the cylinder.
Those guns suppose to have little muzzle flip/recoil because the cylinder is in line with the barrel

My striker fired LC9s is my main carry. I chose it because it is small and in a decent caliber.

My hammer fired 1911 because it points and shoots well for me.

My hammer fired S&W Model 15-3 because it is a freaking death dot and whatever I aim it develops holes. And sometimes I like to carry a revolver.

Hammer vs striker never enters the thought process.

Those guns suppose to have little muzzle flip/recoil because the cylinder is in line with the barrel
they still recoil, I shot one of the short barrel .357's, there is probably less flip but instead it just smacks straight into your palm. I didn't have a timer but I don't think it would make much difference in my splits but it certainly would hurt my hand and wrist more.

I carry a 1911 officers in a chest rig most of the time. It's what I like and what I shoot the most (for pistol). I might go cross draw on occasion or if I'm dressed light I go with my S&W 640 in my front pocket.
I don't like Glocks. Some of my buddies have them and I truly tried to like them but, nope.
Just had the opportunity to shoot a Bodyguard 380 that a coworker has. I really hated that. Mostly because it didn't fit my hand at all.

I own both and carry both, but prefer a hammer.
I have never had a snag issue. Yank it out of the holster with a little force and you will be fine.

I like that with a hammer fired gun, you can cock the hammer to show the bad guy you are serious, like in the movies. /sarcasm.
I used to hate striker because of the trigger pull, but most are a lot better than they used to be. Sig triggers really are not bad on the 320 and 365.
Not 1911 good, but not bad at all.

I like that with a hammer fired gun, you can cock the hammer to show the bad guy you are serious, like in the movies. /sarcasm.
Even Walt Longmire does that when the barometer needle starts dropping.

Better yet, when the coast is clear and it's investigatin' time again,
he decocks his 1911 on its way back to its holster. [shocked]

I have always found that I change my opinion as time goes by and I buy and sell things.
Training and wearing, and cleaning have made some of my opinions.

I have a 1911 because my father used one, and I find it far better than the HK45C I had.
I don’t like the SIG 938 because, I just can’t shoot it well and that’s on me.

I am getting used to a S&W 327. There are many things I like about it.

to each his own, some work better for some people.

I'm in the PPK/S camp. Carry chambered and safety off. THe DA pull gives me some comfort and the SA pull is perfect. I also like that I can thumb the hammer into and out of the holster. I train as much as I can with it so that I can be accurate with the DA pull. The only gun I shoot better is an old Beretta 9000 (in .40!). It's a bit big for me to carry, but I can put holes on top of holes in a 7yrd target.

I think i could trust it.

I drool over that gun, but the price is a lot to swallow. It is dimensionally very similar to a Glock 19, so not sure why you couldn't carry it concealed now.

G19
L 7.36
W 1.0 - 1.26
H 5.04
Weight: 30.16 w/unloaded mag

Staccato C2 DPO C
L 7.5
W 1.3
H 5.5
Weight: 25.7 (no mag)

I drool over that gun, but the price is a lot to swallow. It is dimensionally very similar to a Glock 19, so not sure why you couldn't carry it concealed now.

Staccato C2 DPO C
L 7.5
W 1.3
H 5.5
Weight: 25.7 (no mag)

well, speaking staccatos - if one is ready to shell out for that, then we will speak of XC or XL, what is closer to $4K.
and then, after that, we will look at the CZ Shadow 2 - which is $1.3K and is bit more practical, in my opinion.

but, i am good with a G34.

Striker fire for me for the following reasons:

1. I carry AIWB
2. Gentlemen, I am sorry to say... size does matter
2. There are no DA/SA hammer fired guns w a decocker that have the size or capacity of a 365, Hellcat or 43X

If size wasn‘t an issue and I could carry any gun I wanted without thoughts of concealmen, it would be either be a 92FS, Sig 226 or a 1911 since I prefer metal hammer fired guns.

I carry a Springfield Armory XDE, which is their hammer fired, DA/SA, single stack. There is a decock, so you can rack it, have 1 in the chamber, and then press the decock. If you top off the mag, you have 7 x 230 gr .45 rds at the ready. The first DA pull will be longer, but it's ready to go and it's probably safer. It has a 3.3" barrel, and is quite concealable. Finally, and importantly, it's been 100% accurate.

Striker fire for me for the following reasons:

1. I carry AIWB
2. Gentlemen, I am sorry to say... size does matter
2. There are no DA/SA hammer fired guns w a decocker that have the size or capacity of a 365, Hellcat or 43X

If size wasn‘t an issue and I could carry any gun I wanted without thoughts of concealmen, it would be either be a 92FS, Sig 226 or a 1911 since I prefer metal hammer fired guns.
CZ 97BD is pretty sweet-- I put 100 rounds down range today!!! I would l love to CC this all the time to big-- I shoot this better than my Beretta 92

Back
Top Bottom