1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Street justice in Philly

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kicker96FS, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

we do not know what the perp said when the father accosted him. For all we know he said "stay back or your kids get it..." in which case if it were me i would have killed him twice

2. soloman02

soloman02 NES Member

"Hood assaulted the father and fled, but a large crowd stopped Hood and beat him, police said. He was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital, police said."

If the father had had a gun, he would most likely have been justified 100%. Not sure about the specifics in PA, but in NH he would have been clear.

627:4 Physical Force in Defense of a Person.
    "II. A person is justified in using deadly force upon another person when he reasonably believes that such other person:
    (a) Is about to use unlawful, deadly force against the actor or a third person;
    (b) Is likely to use any unlawful force against a person present while committing or attempting to commit a burglary;
    (c) Is committing or about to commit kidnapping or a forcible sex offense;"

3. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

He won the stupid prize. Darwin aproves.

4. JRT

JRT NES Member

7 months to 5 years.

5. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

We seem to be focusing on the car theft rather than the fact there were three kids in the car.
    If you abduct someone's child , who really gives a rats ass about what your "Intent" might be.
    DRT is fine with me.

6. Greschner 4

Greschner 4

"I'm not a fan of street justice," Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said at a press conference Friday. (However, .....)