• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Streamlight 69110 TLR-1

What are your thoughts on this light for a glock 19? I was going to buy it but Im seeing a few lights alot cheaper around $35. I found the Streamlight 69110 TLR-1 is around $109

I have one. Great light. It's very solid and worth the money in my opinion. You can probably find something cheaper, but do you want to trust your life to it?

Never go cheap on things you may have to trust your life to.
Buy once, cry once

Have a TLR-1S and love it. During a power outage it came in handy too. Pointed it at the ceiling and left it on, lit up the room.

Have a TLR-1S and love it. During a power outage it came in handy too. Pointed it at the ceiling and left it on, lit up the room.

I've got a TLR-1S as well. It's a sweet light. Very bright. The quick release works well.

What is the advantage to the strobe?

I'd imagine it's pretty disorienting. I find the strobe too hard to activate in a reasonable manner. Would never use it in "real" life.

I have a tlr-1 HL, at 630 lumens, over double the non HL model. Mine is on my HD gun a Sig P226.
Imo streamlights are very reliable at 1/3 the cost of a surefire.

Last edited:
The S is actually cheaper and comes with batteries

You can use as a constant light or set it to strobe?
Constant light, you have to double tap the switch to get it to strobe.

- - - Updated - - -

And depending on what way you push the switch it either stays on, or you let go and it shuts off.

690lumens is no joke, $40 light youll be lucky to get 200 lumens.
If you dont mind spending $120, you know what to do.
A 49$ light with name brand batteries and even an upgraded bulb would do just find imo

I just bought the TLR-1 for the SR9 on my nightstand about a month ago. It was my first light purchase and I didn't want to spend a fortune so I spent some time reading reviews/comparisons and everything I read indicated it was the best bang for the buck. I'm happy with it so far and it's plenty bright enough for indoor use...almost too bright if your eyes are adjusted to darkness.

I have the trl 1 hl. Sooooo freaking bright

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

I have the Streamlight TRL-4 & really like it!

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69240-Compact-Mounted-Tactical/dp/B0077RHYWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434886583&sr=8-1&keywords=tlr+4

$114

https://youtu.be/rA_mSoI-yRo

OP, how about some links to the cheap lights you're looking at?

Generally you get what you pay for (with the possible exception of Surefire IMO). I own three TLR's. They are excellent lights for the money.

I put a TLR1 on my G19 on occasion, it works just fine. If you are shooting in day light though, you may want to throw a piece of masking tape over the lens to keep it from getting all gunked up. Just remember to take it off when you are done at the range.

For cheap light on long guns I've got a couple flashlights I put qd scope ring on and just use that. Not a slickie-boy rig but useful.

Inexpensive pistol lights include some deals from steep and cheap. I got a stream light m3 micro for about 80 shipped iirc. I've got an Insight model that takes (2) 123cr batteries. It has an incandescent lamp is less bright than the stream light m3.im looking for a better solution and the M1 looks to be the best option but I'd like some other less expensive options too.

The Primary sale price is,one to watch for. I'm guessing it was a holiday sale - yes?

Great light! I bought 2 and have them on my GLOCK 21SF and M&P .45.

I have a shield 9mm but there isnt much of a rail on it so not sure it will work with that. It is for my glock but it would nice add light bearing holsters to list of holsters for sale.

the TLR 1 HL is an absolute beast.

Just to put things into perspective. The TLR1 had 120(ish) lumens until this year. The new TLR1 puts out 300 lumins.

The TLR1 HL has 600 lumens (the difference is noticeable) and includes the strobe function.

I HIGHLY recommend it.

I've also played around with the Surefire and can't see any reason to spend the extra money. Especially since the Surefire mount seems overly complicated and annoying compared to the Streamlight.

Don

Last edited:
I just logged in. The TLr1 HL is $114+10 shipping = $124

Amazon Prime has it for $119.

Even better, Amazon Warehouse Deals has one for $103 with free shipping, so if there is a problem, returns are easy and free.

Don

p.s. I got both of mine "used" through amazon warehouse deals. Both looked opened, but unused and worked fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom