Stray bullet from angle tree hits house

Our club had a neighbor call the police as well as the club to report there was a bullet in his driveway and that it had hit his garage. It was a serious matter so a few board members went with the police to investigate. What had hit his garage was an empty shell casing from a 30-30. After we finished laughing we tried to explain the difference between a bullet a case and a cartridge. He said he wasn't stupid and we shouldn't let it happen again.

Our club had a neighbor call the police as well as the club to report there was a bullet in his driveway and that it had hit his garage. It was a serious matter so a few board members went with the police to investigate. What had hit his garage was an empty shell casing from a 30-30. After we finished laughing we tried to explain the difference between a bullet a case and a cartridge. He said he wasn't stupid and we shouldn't let it happen again.

why is it always the stupid ones that say that?

so this jackhole planted a casing there? lol

those casings can ricochet a long way! That is why, sadly, it is a bad idea for women to shoot wearing a tank top!

[grin]

I can see this happening if someone had an HK91 chambered in 30-30

so the guy who called the cops for a round hitting the house from Angletree, showed them a spent 30-30 casing laying in his driveway? Is that the story? or are we talking two different clubs here?

so the guy who called the cops for a round hitting the house from Angletree, showed them a spent 30-30 casing laying in his driveway? Is that the story? or are we talking two different clubs here?

Two different clubs. Or one club and one amusing anecdote, depending on how you count it.

Chris Kyle couldn't have made that shot, just charge the homeowner with possession of bullet making material without a license and be done with it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

Chris Kyle couldn't have made that shot, just charge the homeowner with possession of bullet making material without a license and be done with it.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

That would have been classic "Thank you for calling sir, we cannot see how that stray could have it your house based on the distance and trajectory, however you are under arrest for possession of ammunition without a license!"

Nope, not really. Try 2000+ yards if fired at just the right (or wrong in this case) angle.

2000yds? really? So if it were a 1000 yds (i think 2000 is just not going to happen) they are saying it flew 1000 yds without losing power, hitting other objects and was able to penetrate? I cant see it.
45-ballistics.png

2000yds? really? So if it were a 1000 yds (i think 2000 is just not going to happen) they are saying it flew 1000 yds without losing power, hitting other objects and was able to penetrate? I cant see it.
View attachment 152840

It penetrated a window pane and landed (apparently) on the floor. That much makes some sense, however, the range is "no blue sky" and could not have been fired from the range at an angle that would escape the safe, downrange direction. It would hit the ground and ricochet nearby, or the berm. Period.

The bullet was fired (conceivably from the range PROPERTY, but more likely) from the person's own neighborhood (based on what I've read in this thread).

And quite possibly was thrown through the window pane by hand...

Back
Top Bottom