Strategy: Framing the danger of guns as a public health risk...

MaverickNH

NES Member
Framing the danger of guns as a public health risk will change the debate over gun control

[EXCERPT] "The problem is that supporters of new gun restrictions have traditionally approached the issue of gun violence as a political problem to be answered by changing laws. Instead, we need to start looking at guns as a public health problem to be answered by changing minds and habits. Until we change how we frame the debate through our messaging and strategy, the landscape for common-sense gun laws will only become increasingly hostile.

Danny Franklin is a partner at Benenson Strategy Group, a strategic consulting firm, and a member of its team advising the White House on public opinion and communications."

I've spotted the secret code! Bloomberg's gun control groups (he funds them all) and The Whitehouse are communicating through the pro-gun control media outlets using secretly coded stories! Here we find the Whitehouse's coded secret communications that I think are asking Bloomberg to stop pounding sand down a rathole by spending money on campaigns to defeat pro-RKBA candidates and elect pro-gun control candidates.

Cunning, devious and so sneaky! It all hinges on whether Blomberg's crytologists can pick up the coded transmission and can decrypt it. Hopefully NRA breaks the code first...

They are few years late, that's what MA has been doing all along with the so called consumer safety rules. Another end run.

Wifey and I attended a local "Board of Health discussion on gun safety" and the douchebag went on for 45 minutes -I kid you not, 45 minutes- on how public health has saved so many deaths by requiring hair dryers to require gfci circuits in bathrooms but that still wasn't good enough so they required them to have gfci circuits built into them and about how he himself was instrumental in forcing manufacturers to get rid of those baby bouncers with wheels because a few of them went down stairways.

He then proceeded to tie together the hair dryer example to smart gun technology, and how he read one article --I shit you not, ONE ARTICLE-- about how smart gun technology is so wonderful and works so well and is where "we" should be focusing our energies to making guns safer.

He didn't walk out of that meeting unscathed by criticism.

What a pompous self righteous, ignorant dickwad.

Benenson Strategy group is the pollster the jackass in the white house used in '08 and '12 and probably the rest of the time. Joel, the head of the firm is the main pollster for the boob.

I don't think they believe they have a chance for gun control, I think they want to use it to turn out the vote in '14 to try and keep control of the senate. It's just another war on women, racial equality, etc. Just divide the country and drive down certain votes and up with others.

Benenson Strategy group is the pollster the jackass in the white house used in '08 and '12 and probably the rest of the time. Joel, the head of the firm is the main pollster for the boob.

That WP published an article from a paid White House consultant is deplorable. They would never publish an NRA editorial would they?

The thing that gets me is that even as gun homicide per 100,000 keep falling, somehow the media and the left thinks that gun violence is an ever more pressing problem. Maybe they just think it is a pressing problem because they realize that as time goes on and there are less gun deaths they will have more and more difficulty supporting their crazy gun grabbing attempts.

When I lived in Newton last year, a month or two after sandy hook there were at least two letters to the editor of the local paper from "public health" personnel that took the national firearms death rate of ~30k and quickly turned into a diatribe against gun ownership in general. Never mind that half are suicides and most of the rest are inner city gang violence! That was conveniently left out!

This will likely spread through this state and other nanny states... beware. They are trying to ostracize gun ownership the same way they have ostracized cigarette smoking.

The calm before the storm: polls moving in the right direction on guns, but the battle is about to get fierce

"I interpret this as confirming what I already knew: gun control advocates are planning a big push to control the facts used in the gun control debate. With literally hundreds of millions of dollars coming from the likes of Bloomberg, Soros, the Obama administration, and others, this battle is far from over."

I think John Lott's comments above sound the bellweather on gun control strategy.

This article is like the alien communications in the movie Independence Day - once all the Bloomberg hundreds of millions spent on Everytown, Moms Demand Action, MAIG, VPC, Brady Center, Americans for Responsible Solutions, etc., are aligned with the Obama White House, and the academics have cranked out hack-job papers claiming to dispel the "More Guns, Less Crime" phenomenon and dozens of other academic papers showing guns are bad, then they will take to the polls with a Holier-Than-Thou might.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom