• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strangest place you ever made a (gun) deal...

I'm a freak, I like the girls with the boom
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the weirdest was the AR15 Preban mag buy hand off. We met in the parking lot near the Chili's on River Rd in Andover. We did the secret NES nod and he handed me a non-descript paper bag with the mags safely tucked inside. I returned to my car and felt like an addict as I opened the bag to make sure everything was there.

The other one was when I bought my Weatherby shotgun from an NES'r and he had me to go to his house. Walking around the house, into the guys bedroom to get everything and then using his computer to do the FA10 because he didn't know how to.

Sold a gun to a LEO in the police station, was sitting in an interview room with the door open while he went and did the paper work, another officer walked by the door and did a double take when he saw me handling the pistol.

Guys house, his computer was in his bedroom to do the transfer.......don't start.......that and on the side of the road off route 2

Haven't done to many ftf gun purchases but I did buy a rifle from a cop at a police station (not his, halfway between us).
Only other ftf I think I've done was selling an ar in the taunton mall parking lot. Father in law, not a gun guy at all, instated on going with me in case "something happened" lol. Still not sure what he was going to do while sitting in my car after the two or more armed guys jumped me....

One of the weirdest was the AR15 Preban mag buy hand off. We met in the parking lot near the Chili's on River Rd in Andover. We did the secret NES nod and he handed me a non-descript paper bag with the mags safely tucked inside. I returned to my car and felt like an addict as I opened the bag to make sure everything was there.

That reminded me of a similar deal for preban mags. Seller got nervous and a little agitated when a cop randomly drove by. That got me a little nervous because at our given location we were completely inconspicuous until he started tripping out. Everyone else has been completely 'chill', if not fun to shoot the sh!t with while completing the transaction.

Deerfield (NH) ham radio flea market quite a number of years ago....I had a radio for sale....a guy I sort of knew wanted it but not enough cash. He ended up trading his Walter PPK for it...we both had NH CC licenses so it was no big deal. He was happy as well as me. I ended up selling the PPK a few months later...

Last edited:
CVS and Walgreen's parking lots right off a local highway.. like a pharmacist I'm just helping fellow gun addicts get their fix!!

I bought the pistol that Mrs. Radtekk owns in the Burlington mall parking lot.

She still has it, doesn't get out much though since she carries a G26 now. We had it laser engraved at Acme in NH when they had an open house. I thought she was going to throw something at me when I suggested , wait for it, "My Little Pony" as the engraving. Yeah, It's a Mustang 380... She laughed and said "What ELSE would I call it?" It's now her "Dress up" gun...

My general Go-To is the BJ's parking lot in Taunton. LOL Strangest was my living room. Did that once without thinking. When the (creepy) guy asked "If I had any other guns and could he see them?" it freaked me the F out. I think he was just excited but it came off like casing the joint for a further robbery. Last time I sold a gun at my own house.

jeez, as i'm reading this thread, i realized there's nothing strange about any of these locations, done em all...except heading into another dudes bedroom. i've even done a deal in the lobby of a police station. now, my go to place is usually the parking lot at four seasons. for those that don't know the area woburn pd is right there. they don't even flinch when they see an inspection happening there as they drive out the driveway. it's just convenient for me and most everyone knows where it is.

I would never do a transfer in my home unless the person was already a close friend. Since my prior chief was a busybody I would never have done a transfer at my PD . . . with my current chief I wouldn't be as concerned. But for WiFi ability (I use my laptop, never my phone for such stuff), my go-to would now be Braintree R&P or Mansfield F&G as both places have WiFi available to members.

If my memory is correct (both were a very long time ago), I did buy pistol mags in two different transactions in Cambridge, one was with drgrant in a parking lot and the other was while illegally stopped in front of 1 Kendall Sq. . . . only the illegal stopping/parking had me concerned . . . but it could have looked like a drug deal to some moonbat I suppose. [laugh]

I have done transfers in parkinglots, rest stops, and the office in my place of work. The only time it got somewhat awkward was in my office, and a customer walked in right in the middle of it. [laugh] They just waited until we were done and then we proceeded with business.

I buy all my stuff out of the trunk of a car in Indiana... It's so much easier, and I figure I'm doing my part to help reduce gun violence in Chicag-...oh

Aw, hell... I can't even finish typing the rest with a straight face- (Maura, get back to your day job...)

I had just parked at a public boat landing for NES'r when a PD cruiser rolls up behind me and the officer gets out. WTF did I do??
It's the buyer. You know who you are! [smile] I've met at least 4 PD this way.

Did a trade with a newly joined NES'r on FA10's in my car. He was pretty nervous. He also had his buddy lying down in the passenger seat of his car which I didn't see until he sat up as they were rolling out afterwards. Seriously? [rofl]

If I am to meet someone in the Westboro area I have them meet me at Starbucks because I love using their wifi and it's my way of saying up yours.

If it's local to me then my local pizza joint or Dunks. That way both parties feel warm and fuzzy.

Won't lie, when I was green first time I sold to a cop he rolled up to Dunks in his cruiser. My heart skipped a beat, but then I realized that I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Any place public is not really strange. I had a guy who refused to meet me at a McDonalds and for some reason only wanted to meet me at my house. He thought i was strange and thought he was... Deal did not go down.

I think my favorite was an FFL in a trailer park in FLa when I was 21. Dude ran a business out of a shipping container on wheels parked in a trailer park.

He showed up in a brand new land rover. The Landover was probably more expensive than all other homes plus cars in the trailer park.

Sent from my LG-K371

I sold a Sig P239 to a State cop and we did the transfer in his cruiser in the Braintree Mall parking lot

Bought a Glock 19 from a State Trooper in front of a VFW. It was his dad's retirement party and he ran outside to do the exchange. Bought pre-ban AR Mags off a Medford Cop in a Dunks parking lot. Twice.

Sold a Performance Center AR in the REI parking lot. Sold a USP .40 C in a garage in Boston. That one was the creepiest. Buyer sat in front with me while his buddy got in the back seat behind me. I was pretty nervous but it was fine. Sold a few things in 4 Season's lot but those were no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom