• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strangeness when attempting to add a quote in edit mode

smokey-seven

NES Member
Circumstance:
Posting a reply in a thread.
Quoted a couple lines from other posts using the auto quote feature.
Added some comments and posted the reply.
Wanted to add a quote from that thread.
Scrolled back to find the post I wanted to quote.
Used the multi quote feature.
Went back to my posted reply and used the edit feature.
No ability to use the add a quote feature while in edit.
My workaround was to start a new post, use the multi quote feature and CUT that, then toss that reply away and paste the cut into the edit.
I even tried to just highlight the portion of the post I wanted to quote and the option popped up with "quote reply" I used quote and went back to edit the post. No option to quote so I went back and used my browsers copy/paste
back to edit, used my browser and pasted and got an older copy of a "copy/paste" not the one I wanted. (OMG)
Look this is stupid stuff and you guys most likely have much more important stuff to fix, the basic question is why multi quote is not an option in edit mode?
Thanks for your work gang!

Circumstance:
Posting a reply in a thread.
Quoted a couple lines from other posts using the auto quote feature.
Added some comments and posted the reply.
Wanted to add a quote from that thread.
Scrolled back to find the post I wanted to quote.
Used the multi quote feature.
Went back to my posted reply and used the edit feature.
No ability to use the add a quote feature while in edit.
My workaround was to start a new post, use the multi quote feature and CUT that, then toss that reply away and paste the cut into the edit.
I even tried to just highlight the portion of the post I wanted to quote and the option popped up with "quote reply" I used quote and went back to edit the post. No option to quote so I went back and used my browsers copy/paste
back to edit, used my browser and pasted and got an older copy of a "copy/paste" not the one I wanted. (OMG)
Look this is stupid stuff and you guys most likely have much more important stuff to fix, the basic question is why multi quote is not an option in edit mode?
Thanks for your works gang!
Here is something st ...Notice how the word strange and I just allowed my phone to auto spell strange and I ended up here are in the body of the quote and I had to click back down into my response to continue typing here. o_O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom