• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strange problem with editing post!

45collector

NES Member
I'm trying to update my big WTS thread in the members section but when I go in and try to add text, every time I type or try to click on a certain line to add another description and photo, the cursor jumps around and I can't get anything to sit where I want it.

Is it possible the post is too big? Haven't had this problem before. Very annoying!

That happened to me once when I was trying to respond to a thread. I think a reboot of the computer did the trick.

I have the same thing happening since the new server.

When I try to click on a spot to add type, the page just scrolls to the top. Drives me crazy, and it ain't a long ride.

I've been getting this also. I've seen this happen when editing and in the preview mode also. Its odd & frustrating. I think its the new forum software.

Then again, I'm no computer tech either.

When I use the directional keys to move the cursor instead of the mouse I can edit / complete the post.

Last edited:
I've been getting this also. I've seen this happen when editing and in the preview mode also. Its odd & frustrating. I think its the new forum software.

Then again, I'm no computer tech either.

When I use the directional keys to move the cursor instead of the mouse I can edit / complete the post.

Same problem here. Everything seems fine until you type enough to fill the response box. As soon as the scroll button appears things get wonky. I seem to remember another poster saying that turning off compatability view in Internet Explorer would solve this issue, but when I do that I get some really weird page views.

OK so I'm not going out of my mind.

Good to know!

I guess I can just add some of the new stuff to the thread on the bump post.

ETA: Also I can't change the thread title to reflect what date I've added items. :-/

Last edited:
Could you guys try this again to see if anything has changed?

What browser are you using? I can't reproduce this myself, but I made a few changes that might help everyone out.

Could you guys try this again to see if anything has changed?

What browser are you using? I can't reproduce this myself, but I made a few changes that might help everyone out.

sHORTY, I'm just bumping this to let you know that everything is now responding normally, at least for me. Nice to be able to post in a thread without having the damn cursor jumping all over the screen! Well done!

Back
Top Bottom