• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strange market observation on GunBroker regarding Noveske upper receivers

better buy @Reptile a beer... it would be cheaper 🤣
I would prefer ROOT beer.

I only drink alcohol at home and if then only a shot of Jagermeister once every couple months.

TPNES is vaccinated and wouldn’t mind an NES meet
My ideal meet in this day and age would be outdoors and socially distant.
Not sure how that would go.

Last year I was thinking of Zoom meetings, but then I realized they can be recorded.
It would probably get Zoom bombed with a flasher, too.

We were just one week short of a dinner gathering and then the SHTF.

Remember the good ol' the days pre-7/16 of being at the mill and seeing multiple dealers with cases of lowers going for rock bottom prices....
I think I got 10 lowers in a group buy from Alex @Minuteman Armament. I think they were like $20. There was about 15 NES members in the hall at the same time filling out paperwork.

I feel like an old timer bragging about buying $60 Mosins! Hahahahhahaha.
*guns we already out for cleaning and not taken out for this thread*
20210126_210716.jpg

I think I got 10 lowers in a group buy from Alex @Minuteman Armament. I think they were like $20. There was about 15 NES members in the hall at the same time filling out paperwork.

View attachment 441930
The lack of bayo lugs makes me really sad. I won't give you shit but, ugh.
Reptile. Reptile has time for that crap.

😉
Indeed. Looking for more stuff to continue to be a buddy f***er.

View attachment 441930

looks like a heaping pile of freedom right there... let’s hope there is no Monopoly-game like tax... $200 just for passing Go...

If you've been in this game long enough, you probably have a good collection of firearms/ammo. No real need to be buying stuff at hyper-inflated prices. Now for the millions of new gun owners of 2020, they have no choice and people are taking advantage of the supply/demand model. I'll admit, I've been tempted countless times to sell some stuff at the hyper inflated market rate.

My fear is that these hyper-inflated prices and supply demand issues are not going to go away anytime soon. As long as these millions of new gun owners keep buying at hyper-inflated prices, people will continue to keep selling at those price points. Once again, back to supply and demand model. I'm thinking we're going to see this continue for at least another year but possibly up to 3. I personally feel it's going to take 2-3 years to come down from this craziness. However, if the pandemic worsens, new civil unrest caused by X, current administration starts attacking 2a rights, that estimate goes up....

View attachment 441930
Ok, I have to know the deal with the second in on the left next to the wooden handguard rifle.

If you've been in this game long enough, you probably have a good collection of firearms/ammo. No real need to be buying stuff at hyper-inflated prices. Now for the millions of new gun owners of 2020, they have no choice and people are taking advantage of the supply/demand model. I'll admit, I've been tempted countless times to sell some stuff at the hyper inflated market rate.

My fear is that these hyper-inflated prices and supply demand issues are not going to go away anytime soon. As long as these millions of new gun owners keep buying at hyper-inflated prices, people will continue to keep selling at those price points. Once again, back to supply and demand model. I'm thinking we're going to see this continue for at least another year but possibly up to 3. I personally feel it's going to take 2-3 years to come down from this craziness. However, if the pandemic worsens, new civil unrest caused by X, current administration starts attacking 2a rights, that estimate goes up....
New "owners" if you can call them that, they don't have anything yet...keep asking me where is a good place to buy. I keep telling them to call around, wait in line, and bring lots of cash.
Then they tell me they are looking for specific models, I tell them take what you can get. Then they ask if I want to sell one of mine. That's when I start laughing hysterically.

New "owners" if you can call them that, they don't have anything yet...keep asking me where is a good place to buy. I keep telling them to call around, wait in line, and bring lots of cash.
Then they tell me they are looking for specific models, I tell them take what you can get. Then they ask if I want to sell one of mine. That's when I start laughing hysterically.
Some people seem unable to grasp that dealers can't just order whatever gun you want at the moment. They tell dealers what they can have currently when they call. If they even call. I feel lucky that for a part timer that I even get calls still.

Lol. Steampunk AR. Basically me just fooling around with lathe/milling machine/krylon.
View attachment 441990
Wow that is something. It's an abomination, but I still love the energy. I had to open the group photo in another tab to zoom in and discern individual details because it looked all wrong. I couldn't believe nobody else had asked about it yet.
Thanks for sharing. ha

Wow that is something. It's an abomination, but I still love the energy. I had to open the group photo in another tab to zoom in and discern individual details because it looked all wrong. I couldn't believe nobody else had asked about it yet.
Thanks for sharing. ha
I did it for the laughs. Kept me entertained for the weekend. I've done worse with my money. Lol

Eventually though you hit market saturation or people run out of money/willpower. We still haven't even truly hit the worst yet, that consists of $1500 trash grade ARs being the open market norm. That's literally just around the corner....

This sounds like a troll post to justify someone paying $1,500 for a stripped lower in the WTS ads... build enough hype around an URG makes the newbs drool over the matching lower to build their dream gun? No thanks.

I have nothing wrong with good old American capitalism. It’s just at those prices it’s too steep for my blood...

😉

Good catch. I like the ads with rare in them.

Their is always a top to the price. Maybe Reptile has reached it and will lose money.

Maybe I should make them into complete lowers.

Some Knights Armaments (complete lowers) are going for $3,350.00 starting bids on GB.

Knights uppers going for $4,000.00.

When the government bans things - prices go up 10x.

Free state Noveske lowers cost $700.00.

Makes perfect sense for their Mass versions with papers to cost more.

Listed at maybe, but are they selling at those prices. I doubt it. Or the only ones buying are all the flippers.

I’m genuinely curious if there is that much of a difference in quality between say Aero and KAC or Noveske?

I’m sure that their is and my personal experience is Colt, RRA and Aero so I don’t have a huge swath of rifles to compare. But I’m super happy with the fit, finish and quality so far from all my Aero sh**

I know that for me spending the extra can’t fix any of my bad habits lol.

Noveske is shit.

I shot a couple owned by someone you know, at an NES shoot once, I thought they were absolutely superb.

I just generally stopped paying attention to them as a brand because they're more or less unobtanium. Even during the slump it was hard to get one. Or in order to get it, I would have either had to submit an order that took forever, or settle for something I didn't want. Even during the slump, demand was high for them. Good for them...

but for the rest of us.......... [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gLMSf4afzo

So what does an LMT CQB rifle go for these days?
I know I could look it up.... I'm just being lazy. Maybe somebody has ballpark knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom