Strange Incident at MA Gun Club on 1/2/2021

This is exactly what is meant by afraid of your own shadow. What is "legal ammo". You never know something isn't stolen whenever you buy something on
1) Craigslist
2) ebay
3) gunbroker

you get my point. If you have a LTC in MA, its legal ammo.

If you are in a free state, if you are over 18 or 21 and are not a prohibited person, its legal ammo.

Don, in this incident, it's a little different than buying online. The fed wasn't selling; he was trying to give it away. I haven't spoken to the club members involved, but I think that their first assumption questioning the legality of the ammo was correct. Who is going to give away free ammo under today's shortages of ammo with no end to the shortages in sight? As stated in another post, the fed was dimed out by someone for trying to sell the ammo, and is now under investigation by his agency for possibly not being his to sell. Even if he had sold it, the buyer's most likely would only need to give it back without any repercussions. However, we're still talking about MA and maybe they would have needed to retain lawyers to cover their butts. Again, it goes back to the OP where the fed said he was giving it away because he might lose his job or words to that effect. That alone should make someone pause and question what was going on.

Or you just give it back if the agency comes looking for it. There is no crime committed by someone accepting the ammo donation.

What ammo,.. oh that ammo? We shot all that up yesterday,... it's all gone
So you are admitting you received stolen government property? See how that works. As I've said an old widow sure take the ammo, someone you know sure take the ammo an admitted fed you've never seen before, NFW?

So you are admitting you received stolen government property? See how that works. As I've said an old widow sure take the ammo, someone you know sure take the ammo an admitted fed you've never seen before, NFW?

Did the guy say it was government property? How do you know any of the ammo, accessories, or anything else being sold on NES isn't stolen gov't property? What about a swivel chair off craigslist? If I give some dude $20 for it and it turns out to have come off a .mil base have I committed a crime?

Did the guy say it was government property? How do you know any of the ammo, accessories, or anything else being sold on NES isn't stolen gov't property? What about a swivel chair off craigslist? If I give some dude $20 for it and it turns out to have come off a .mil base have I committed a crime?
Possible. But would you rather go before a MA court accused of receiving a stolen swivel chair or cases of 'military grade' ammo? The other thing we are completely missing here is the vibe the guy was giving out. We can't know that without having been there.

Taking some free stuff that someone is offering is not the same as entering the capitol as part of a protesting mob.

Possible. But would you rather go before a MA court accused of receiving a stolen swivel chair or cases of 'military grade' ammo? The other thing we are completely missing here is the vibe the guy was giving out. We can't know that without having been there.

I get it, but again what crime are they charging you with for accepting the ammo?

Are you a fed looking to entrap people with free ammo? Or just hung up on a wet dream of getting a few cases of free bullets?

How is it entrapment? Again, what crime?

And it sounds like free ammo was reality, not a wet dream. Maybe they'd have tracked you down to recover it, maybe not, but there was no way someone in the OP's story accepting the ammo gets charged with anything.

I can't believe the dopes at the range called the frigging cops because someone was trying to give away a bunch of free ammo. "But he's scratching his truck!" [laugh] What crime is committed by taking it?
Well we are obviously talking about Danvers fish and Fudd so what would one expect. I can just hear the fudds now “5.56!! that’s terrorist ammo!!” Asshats gonna asshat.

This is an odd story from the OP. I come from an ask for forgiveness rather than permission mindset. I would have just taken the ammo.

6 or 7 years ago my son was participating in a junior rifle match at Reading Rifle and Revolver club. Myself and other parents were sitting around waiting for a line to finish and a middle aged man walks in. He carries in a full to the brim laundry basket and sets it on the table of the club house. It was full of ammo and reloading supplies. He then makes a couple more trips in with ammo cans full and sets those down as well. He then announces that a friend of the family passed away. Everything is free for whoever wants it. We all looked at each other like kids in a candy store. There were between 5 and 10 of us. We started pulling things apart and taking whatever we wanted. I still have a couple hundred rounds of .308, a few hundred rounds of .45 ACP and a bunch of brass. It was a great day. I never even considered any legal issues. I just took what was offered.

I remember Maureen T. was running the match that day. She took an ammo can of .30 cal ammo. It turned out to be on a belt and was made up entirely of tracers. Again, it was a great day. :)

How is it entrapment? Again, what crime?

And it sounds like free ammo was reality, not a wet dream. Maybe they'd have tracked you down to recover it, maybe not, but there was no way someone in the OP's story accepting the ammo gets charged with anything.
Receiving stolen property. You didn't know it was stolen? Fine tell it to the judge.

A critical element of the crime is knowing that it was stolen. It wouldn't even go to trial.
You are arguing hurr durr letter of the law in respect to federal law enforcement agencies. You need to loosen your bowtie it is cutting off oxygen to your brain.

You are arguing hurr durr letter of the law in respect to federal law enforcement agencies. You need to loosen your bowtie it is cutting off oxygen to your brain.

It's not letter of the law, it's a very basic and obvious element of the crime. Keep living your life in baseless, abject fear of the world around you though. Your unhinged paranoia makes for some hysterical posts.

Did you happen to read my post about me purchasing an M&P slide stolen from the ATF warehouse? They (the ATF) called me, set up a time to stop by, politely asked for "their property" back, and I signed a surrender form. No "receiving stolen property," no $50K attorney fees, or other drama-llama bullshit. Sorry that it doesn't fit your tin-foil narrative.

Did you happen to read my post about me purchasing an M&P slide stolen from the ATF warehouse? They (the ATF) called me, set up a time to stop by, politely asked for "their property" back, and I signed a surrender form. No "receiving stolen property," no $50K attorney fees, or other drama-llama bullshit. Sorry that it doesn't fit your tin-foil narrative.
You are lucky they didn't need an arrest that day. Feds handing out free ammo is as real as the old Penthouse letters. If you want to masturbate to the idea of a fed cop giving you some bangbang go for it. I maintain it is a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom