Strange Incident at MA Gun Club on 1/2/2021

Glockster30

NES Member
A man driving a new black pickup truck drove into our club last Saturday and offered 6 or more cases of 5.56 ammo for free to a couple of members that were to be donated to the club. The man said that he either just lost his federal LE job or was about to lose it. The 2 club members thought it was strange that the man piled the cases on top of the new truck risking scratches. The members then asked the man for his federal ID for proof. He didn't have it on him, but said that he would be right back with it.

The members thought this offer was too good to be true due to the price and scarcity of ammo. Since they also thought it might be some kind of sting by one of the alphabet agencies, they decided to call the police in the town in which the club is located, so a town cruiser shows up. In the meantime, the guy returns in an unmarked white Ford Explorer and supposedly flashed 2 different DHS badges to the members. He was also pissed because the members called the police on him, so he decided to turn the ammo over to the police department. The town cop said nothing to the man (later on it was revealed that the cop knew the man). The man leaves in his Explorer flashing it's red and blue lights.

On Monday, the club's president called the chief of police and learned the following:

1) The federal LEO was well-known by the police and stated that he, the fed, is a LEO in good standing.
2) The federal LEO first offered the ammo to the town police. A high-ranking member of the police turned down his offer for the free ammo and told the fed that maybe the gun club would take it as a donation.
3) The fed drives to the club as described on last Saturday.
4) The chief of police assured the club president that no laws were broken by the fed that was giving the ammo away with "good intentions."
5) The ammo that was offered is now "supposedly" in the inventory of the town police department.
6) The club president told the chief that if the fed had professionally contacted the club, instead of just 2 random club members, the club would have accepted the ammo after clearing it with the town police.

No, I'm not going to name the town police or the name of the club because it brings out the club-hating nuts on this forum.

What possible "sting" would such be?

I mean even if law enforcement offered you a free kilo of cocaine and you accepted it, still wouldn't hold up because free is basically the definition of entrapment. And we are talking legal ammo.

I feel bad for the guy, sounds like a good dude.

I mean even if law enforcement offered you a free kilo of cocaine and you accepted it, still wouldn't hold up because free is basically the definition of entrapment. And we are talking legal ammo.

According to some here, if you LIKE cocaine somehow that doesn't make it entrapment. LOL

The club members involved wouldn't have known it was legal ammo. It could have been stolen for all they knew.

Odd. Mostly because if he was losing his job, why would he donate a couple cases of ammo?

But the proper response rather than calling the cops would have been “oh, you’ll have to contact the club leadership about donations, sorry.” Because if the intent was to go to the club for events, they shouldn’t be taking it anyway.

Sure sounds like it was a pretty awkward encounter. Wtf gives away 6 cases of ammo, any day of any year, never mind these days.

Claims to be a Fed AND possibly losing his job (stealing ammo on the way out the door as a FU?) No ID on him? I’d be weirded out by it too. If it sounds to good to be true...

And I would have thought about all of those things while holding him at gunpoint and making him open each case and shake it all out on the deck to check for any signs of explosives, tracking devices or tampering.

I would then if clear stand him up, dust him off, shake his hand and ask him to help me load it into my vehicle while offering him a cup of coffee. Some things are worth going the extra mile for. lol

Last edited:
Sounds like a club full of busy body karens. I would stay away.

Fed could have easily sold it in 5 minutes for $500 case case plus shipping, but decided to give it away--his property to do what he pleases with.
This. Talk about a bunch of people scared of their own shadow. Even many members here. "Oh, no. It's a trap." Because the Feds have nothing better to do than drive down the road of some shit-ass gun club and see if they can "catch" them. Jesus.

I'm glad the PD f***ed the Club out of it. Serves them right.

I don't blame those two random range members for being suspicious. I mean, who does that, especially now? I would have been thinking "what's this dude's angle" the entire time. But, if you're licensed and the ammo is kosher (non-incendiary, non-ap, non-tracer) then what would be the harm? The fault, if there were any faults, would entirely lie on his end, right?

huh. based on the fact that _gun_ club members called _the_ police for the protection - gotta be wellesley? :)

Whoever they are, they're a bunch of bitches I wouldn't associate with or give my money to for a membership to that club.

They sound like the type of assclowns who would call the cops if you have a 15.99" barrel on an AR.

Back
Top Bottom